TransEdit multiple "preview" with CI

userip

Hi,

In the current version of the TransEdit, if I set the "Has.CI" setting in the tuner configuration, then the "preview" function works with FTA and encrypted channels.

However, never I can't preview more than one encypted channel. Example:

- Tuning one transponder with FTA and encrypted programs, I can preview N FTA programs at the same time, and only 1 encrypted program. The CAM I'm using is PRO and it has support for 2 concurrent decrypting.

So, I suggest to "remove" the functionality of only 1 encrypted program... as it's an artifical behaviour.

Please, you agree?

Regards.

The CI support in the DVBViewer Pro code is old and complicated.

TransEdit and the DVBViewer GE share a much easier approach, which does not cover all corner cases and doesn't support all hardware. But is easier to handle. With the DVBViewer Pro CI code TransEdit would never have got CI support at all.

So don't expect similar behaviour.

If you think there should be an improvement, describe exactly what you are talking about.

Which hardware are you using, which driver version etc.

If you think there shuled be a improvement, describe exactly what you are talking about.

Maybe I can help. Want he wants is called MultiPID in DVBViewer's terms :) I guess a similar solution could be implemented in TransEdit.

There could be a solution if you use a tweak ;)

Open the svchardware.xml and add this line to the physical device with CI-module:

<entry name="MultiPID">1</entry>

Define as many RTSP devices in transedit as you think your CAM can open different channels simultaneously. (RTSP1, RTSP2..)

Then scan a corresponding transponder. Now you can preview more than 1 channel. The limit is the number of PIDs your CAM can handle ;)

With my Alphacrypt and a CanalDigitaal smartcard I can preview 4 programmes without discontinuities (didn't try 5 ;) ) . Though there are only 2 streams/programme = 8 PIDs

If you were referring to the analyzer: Descrambling/preview is limited to a single programme at a time. Though you could use more than 1 instance.

Snap89.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Derrick,

Thank you! However, I can't undertand your workaround...

1) The TransEdit folder doesn't have at all any file named "svchardware.xml". Only "DVBSource.ini" and "TransEdit.ini". In which one I need to add the parameter "MultiPID" ?

2) You say that I need to create more than one RTSP device with the same configuration for enable this?

I really don't understand why this limitation exists in TransEdit... It can handle the preview of an unlimited number of FTA channels, but only one encrypted. However, if the decryption is done in the server side, like using a SAT>IP server with CI, then it's completly independent from the client. So, why TransEdit forces (or limit) the request to more than one encrypted channel? I feel that the code inside the tool is like: "if (!(fta) && (number_of_preview_windows >= 1)) then return". And this is an artificial limitation. Developers can remove this code. They need to try to open as many channels as the system supports. Only if the tune fails, then no more preview windows can be created. But, why not open two or more if the server with CI can provide them? It's crazy! :(

I hope someone can fix this.

1) The TransEdit folder doesn't have at all any file named "svchardware.xml".

Derrick refers to TransEdit working as Sat>IP client of the Recording Service. The svchardware.xml file belongs to it - see configuration folder -> config subdirectory.

I really don't understand why this limitation exists in TransEdit

This is no artificial limitation, but it would require additional efforts and code to make it work. Since I'm only developing TransEdit as tool for my own needs this will not happen, because I don't need this feature.

But it works in the way described by Derrick. I've tried it myself :)

• 4 weeks later...

Derrick refers to TransEdit working as Sat>IP client of the Recording Service. The svchardware.xml file belongs to it - see configuration folder -> config subdirectory.

This is no artificial limitation, but it would require additional efforts and code to make it work. Since I'm only developing TransEdit as tool for my own needs this will not happen, because I don't need this feature.

But it works in the way described by Derrick. I've tried it myself :)

Sorry, Griga!

I don't understand your response. Let me try to explain more:

> TransEdit working as Sat>IP client of the Recording Service

Ok. I'm speaking about using TransEdit as client with other SAT>IP servers different of the RS. My servers can decrypt more than one channel, so I don't request for any change in the RS, only in the TransEdit code.

> This is no artificial limitation, but it would require additional efforts and code to make it work.

I can't agree with this. Why? One example: My server can provide one Transponder with multiple encrypted and FTA programs. If I tune this transponder with TE I can open one window for each FTA channel, but only one encrytped. If I close the encrypted, then I can open another one. If I review the SAT>IP RTSP requests received by the server, all are identical... independently of the channel. Then IT'S AN ARTIFICIAL LIMITATION. For sure, in the code exists one block like this:

if (channel_type == encrypted) && (number_of_enc_channels >0)

{ return; };

Please, review your code, and check it! I can't imagine any other reason for this behaviour.

Remember: the decryption is done in the server, not in the client. Then is COMPLETLY transparent for the client.

I hope you can understand more my suggestion after this post.

And thank you for this good tool (=TransEdit). :D

Edited by userip