Saving discontinuity times?

rco133

Hi.

I have started to get som discontinuity errors on some channels, and I am pretty sure it is related to the signal, since I have two Pc's with different brands of tuners, and they report discontunity errors at exactly the same time, and when I look at the recordings afterwards, it happens at the exact same frame in the two ts files every single time.

I would like to be able to create a log of there errors, with timestamps for when they occured.

I can leave transedit running for a whole day, but all that tells me when I get home from work, is that there has been that numer of errors during the time I have been away. I am not able to tell if they all came within 5 minutes, or if there even is some kind of pattern to it.

Is there any way that transedit or the recording service can save exact timestamps of the errors. I would prefer it to be transedit doing it, as I don't want to fill up my HD with recordings for a whole day.

Thanks in advance.

rco133

Hi.

Yes, the recording log for a specific recording contains timestamps.

But, as I said I really would prefer not having to record 24 hours a day.

But, if there is no other way, I guess I will just have create 12 x 2hour recordings. Kinda sucks to fill the HD with that though.

Was hoping that transedit somehow could log it. And maybe even do so for all the streams in the MUX being analyzed.

rco133

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

It doesn't mention DVB-C anywhere, but it does mention DVB-T and DVB-S.

Before I go ahead and install it, do you know if it supports DVB-C as well?

What I have is three Technotrend CT2-4400 USB tuners on one PC and two Technotrend CT-3650 USB tuners on another PC. All tuners are DVB-C

rco133

Edited by rco133

Before I go ahead and install it, do you know if it supports DVB-C as well?

In principle with BDA it should. But with my DVBSky T330 USB dongle I only could lock 64QAM. On my cable all transponders are 256QAM, 6900 except a single home transponder with 64/6875. So it doesn't work :(

But I have nice tools that can deliver the stream. My (Dutch) cable reaches to 858MHz. Frequencies around 800MHz are used by LTE. Apparently the shielding of my cable is not sufficient. Luckily there are only less important channels but if you want watch them it's a pain in the neck. Here are some screen shots to show how the errors can belogged:

DVBSy T330 works with crazscan2. You can analyse a couple of modulation parameters incl BER. Via UDP/RST the mux can be steamded to an analyzer -> 4T2

Snap84.png

From the powerfull TR 101 290 analyzer you only check "continuity_count_ error" in this case. After start you see the number of errors and the time stamp of the last.

Snap86.png

Opening the log show all errors with time stamps (system time), PIDs etc.

continuity error.log

Hi.

Again thanks for the time to answer.

I have downloaded crazyscan2, but guess my devices are not supported by it. When I start the program the first thing that pops up is "RFscan2 not supported", and then it seems like I can do pretty much nothing inside the program.

I don't seem to find any of my TT devices on the supported devices list.

I can choose a device, but nothing else.

None of the Pictures you pasted seems to be from crazyscan2?

I have downloaded ReqLibs.rar, StreamReaderExEx-BDA.rar, CrazyScan2.rar and put all the extracted files in the same folder.

Maybe I am just too dumb to figure out how it Works :-)

rco133

It's not about crazyscan2 but the 4T2 analyser. Maybe your DVB-C devices will lock. Or you have to find an application that can stream the mux. A streaming interface for Transedit has been asked, but no response from the dev..