DVBSky T980C - Windows 10 - busy

tomas-stockholm

Dear,

I am a long time user of DVBSky's T980C tuners, in fact I have four of them installed in two different HTPC's. While running Windows 7 and Media Center they worked fairly ok, best if I only had one tuner per HTPC...

But after upgrading on HTPC to Windows 10, the DVBViewer and Media Center finds the tuners but no channels. DVB Viewers says, all tuners busy. Media Center says, no channels found...

Can someone give my some advice on how I should get it working on Windows 10? Or is it impossible and I should stick to Windows 7?

I have similar problem with Terratec Cynergy C PCI HD. My card works only with Windows 10 March 2016 (1511 edition) of Win 10 or earlier. I must not install any Windows 10 cumulative update afterwards. If I install cumulative update then any tuner program is unable to find any TV programmes or even crashing (DVBViewer). I think that MS made a mess with some drivers and tuners become more and more obsolete on Win 10 OS.

Best, d.

I have similar problem with Terratec Cynergy C PCI HD. My card works only with Windows 10 March 2016 (1511 edition) of Win 10 or earlier. I must not install any Windows 10 cumulative update afterwards. If I install cumulative update then any tuner program is unable to find any TV programmes or even crashing (DVBViewer). I think that MS made a mess with some drivers and tuners become more and more obsolete on Win 10 OS.

Best, d.

Oh, you havent find any solution to this then... too bad... I assume returning to Windows 7 is the only? option then...

There was a change in the enforcement of driver signing requirements in the 1607 Windows 10 update.

I don't know if this is here the case. But if yes only a driver update by the manufacturer helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually my only solution is to uninstall cumulative update and hide it so that it does not install again. But everytime new version of cumulative is published my MS I need to repeat that again. That is the only solution I have for Terratec Cynergy PCI CI HD in order towork under WIndows 10 (1511 edition).