SAT>IP request info

userip

Hi,

I hope the developers don't think this be a stupid idea...

I suggest to add, in a window or in the statusbar, the option for displaying the current request command when using the SAT>IP protocol. I prefer to have this in TransEdit, but is valid also with DVBViewer.

The idea is have a simple method for show/debug the request.

You agree?

Thank you!

The exact URL is only necessary when debuging non standard conform Sat>IP Servers.

So I think it would be better to add the URL logging to the server.

I don't see a real benefit in other situations. Or do you can describe a come one?

If at all the DVBViewer.log would be the place if the DVBViewer is run with -debug.

The exact URL is only necessary when debuging non standard conform Sat>IP Servers.

So I think it would be better to add the URL logging to the server.

I don't see a real benefit in other situations. Or do you can describe a come one?

If at all the DVBViewer.log would be the place if the DVBViewer is run with -debug.

Hi Tjod,

I use TransEdit as my MAIN TOOL for channel searching/testing/debugging/monitoring/etc... then in some situations, mainly when drive a SAT>IP server, I like to know the "exact" URI used for the request. Why? Because then I can copy it to use some other tools to play/analyze/etc this program.

So, I simply request to add in some useful point (a debug window or in the status panel) the SAT>IP URI requested.

Can you do it?

Thank you!

I can't I don't work at the source code. I would not expect it in the DVBViewer GUI.
And I don't know if it has a large enough benefit to be included in the log.

And that would not be a working URL for each channel. Because if I'm right the RS will only add and remove PID if you change the channel on one transponder.

So if you get a couple of URLs that would not be what the DVBViewer is using, but something else speciously generated for this purpose.

And most Sat>IP servers, including the RS provide a way to get the channel list with working Sat>IP URLs. So why don't you use them?

So even if you use the RS only between DVBViewer and another Sat>IP server you will get a list from the RS where you only need to change the IP via search and replace and you get the list for a Sat>IP Server without the capability to generate such a list.

Hi Tjod,

Thank you for your response!

I don't use at time the RS, but the TransEdit tool... So, my suggestion is a method to LOG or DEBUG the URL. Please, consider that is false that most SAT>IP servers provide HTTP URLs... the M3U extension is a pure fake workaround for supporting DLNA players. And this extension is only implemented in a few servers.

My objective is improve my work flow: I use TE for scanning/test several SAT>IP servers, then I like to know the exact URL used. For sure, this URL include the pids used, so the data to log is: "RTSP/HTTP:SATIP_SERVER_IP:PORT/TUNNING_PARAMS&pids=LIST_OF_PIDS". As you can know, this is quite complex with the current UI. Then, provide a direct way to copy this info will be very useful.

Do you get the idea?

I use TE for scanning/test several SAT>IP servers, then I like to know the exact URL used.

There is no such thing like "the exact URL used". RTSP clients use a TCP connection for sending various RTSP commands ("methods") like DESCRIBE, SETUP, PLAY, OPTIONS, TEARDOWN (similar to the GET and POST http methods) in combination with the Sat>IP query syntax.

There is no such thing like "the exact URL used". RTSP clients use a TCP connection for sending various RTSP commands ("methods") like DESCRIBE, SETUP, PLAY, OPTIONS, TEARDOWN (similar to the GET and POST http methods) in combination with the Sat>IP query syntax.

Hi Griga,

I know very well! But, all commands reduces to just one URI... i.e.

- You like to tune ARTE at 19.2E 10744H, then TE executes these commands:

1. OPTIONS rtsp://server-ip:554/
  2. SETUP rtsp://server-ip:554/?src=1&freq=10744&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=56&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=22000&mtype=qpsk
  3. PLAY rtsp://server-ip:554/stream=1?addpids=401,402,0,400
  4. PLAY rtsp://server-ip:554/stream=1?addpids=404
  5. PLAY rtsp://server-ip:554/stream=1?delpids=401,402,0,400,404
  6. TEARDOWN rtsp://server-ip:554/stream=1
Then, this is EQUAL to this URI:
  • rtsp://server-ip:554/?src=1&freq=10744&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=56&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=22000&mtype=qpsk&pids=401,402,0,400,404

Please, don't confuse the "control plane" of the SAT>IP protocol using RTSP with the URI of the resource. The URI can be used with the HTTP transport protocol if the server supports it.

So, the implementation is quite easy: in the "SAT>IP status" you print the "tunning parameters" (used one time in the SETUP request and associated with the "stream" value in all PLAY calls), and after you add the "current pids" used. So the output is:

OUTPUT == "rtsp://" + $SERVER_IP + "/" + $TUNE_REQUEST + "&pids=" + $CURRENT_PIDS

I'm sure that the values of $SERVER_IP, $TUNE_REQUEST and $CURRENT_PIDS is present in your code (with other names!). So, you can print in the status window if you like.

I hope you consider this improvement!

Regards.

Edited by userip
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

Years after I'm still waiting for this!

Please, consider it... from my point of view the TransEdit tool is the most valuable part of DVBViewer (and in fact, the only reason why I purchased it... I don't need to see TV from the computer). Perhaps this ins't relevant to other people, but as it's easy to implement I request if you can consider it.

Thank you for this good tool. It's worth everything it costs! 

• 4 months later...