Receiving French TV without 5w.

machare

For a long time I have been able to watch French TV from 5W and latterly TF1 etc from 9E. However these transmissions have stopped,

I have learned that there are 6 TNT FTA multiplexes. Can DVBViewer be used to view these channels?

(I have read that this can be done using a TBS satellite card running TVHeadend.)

You can watch all FTA multiplexes easily in the DVBViewer, if you have a DVB card and the ability to receive the orbital position.

Christian

Thank you. That sounds promising. :original:

I have a Hauppauge WinTV DVB-S2 card in a Windows 10 desktop (tower) PC.

Could I run a second copy of DVBViewer on my laptop and use that to display a French TV channel from my desktop PC?

IIRC I was told that his was allowed a little while ago.

Here you can read under which conditions we allow using our software on more than one PC (see 3.) Anyhow, we appreciate any additional purchase.

Christian

PS: There is a demo version available, which you can use for testing.

For a long time I have been able to watch French TV from 5W and latterly TF1 etc from 9E. However these transmissions have stopped,

I have learned that there are 6 TNT FTA multiplexes. Can DVBViewer be used to view these channels?

(I have read that this can be done using a TBS satellite card running TVHeadend.)

You have to be more specific about the FTA multiplexes. If you're referring to MIS-transponders which are used as feeds or backup for terrestrial transmissions, DVBViewer can't handle Multistream.

33E could be a 2nd possibility for French FTA channels (from Switzerland ;) ) but the modulation is DVB-S2X. You'll need a special dvb-card and even then it's not sure if the DVBViewer can handle it because DVB_S2 extension isn't implemented yet.

You can watch all FTA multiplexes easily in the DVBViewer, if you have a DVB card and the ability to receive the orbital position.

Christian

Are your quite sure? I think these would be dvb multi input stream signals. I wasn't aware that DVBViewer can decode these. Of course, I wouldn't mind to be mistaken.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?s=1c142dfa0dae7b353e9baf70fb12fe69&p=84871171&postcount=37