AverMedia T/T2/C TD310 do not tune channels

pegas1606

Hi,

AverMedia T/T2/C TD310 do not tune channels DVB-T.

In "Aver TV 3D" it is original software works without problems.

DVBViewer Pro 5.6.4 vee Win10x64 it hardware is detektion:

AverMedia TD310 BDA Filter (1)

AverMedia TD310 BDA C Filter (2) - I do not have cable so I even tried to ban, withnou any effect.

It is hardware.xml:

hardware.xml

some advice

support.zip

Edited by pegas1606
  • Like 1

Make sure that nothing from the "Aver TV 3D" software is running in the background.

Then start the DVBViewer via start menu > DVBViewer > DVBViewer (Debug mode) and try a channel scan.

TV/Radio > Reception Settings/Channel Search... > DVB-C >> Cable All > Apply > Scan --> Scan Rage

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Channel_List_Editor#Reception_Settings

are channels detected? If yes are the new channels working?

if not post a new support.zip

Aver 3D TV have not installed, only drivers.

I do not need tune cable channels.

I need to tune DVB-T European, specifically Czech.

I actually tuned channels previously to WinFast DTV1000T, but it is disabled in Device Manager.

I removed the DVBViewer for simplification "AVerMedia BDA TD310 C filter" do not need it, because I do not have cable television, I only antenna.
Originally tuned channels showing zero income and again it can not tune.
I tuned it MediaPortal 2 and Nextpvr without problems.
It will be a question of hardware compatibility, but what next.
I could solve it by using other software, but DVBViewer I like is the best.
So I join the new support.zip. In hardware.xml is only "AVerMedia BDA TD310" It is a DVB-T / T2, this I need necessarily tune up.
My English is bad. So sorry.

I do not need tune cable channels.

I need to tune DVB-T European, specifically Czech.

You are right, I mix it up last night.

You have used "DVB-T Deutschland" and not "DVB-T Europe" for the channel scan.

I'm not sure if this covers all relevant frequency for Czech.

From the DVBViewer.log (in the support.zip) it looks to me as if the channel scan runs normal but don't discovered any channels on the scanned frequency.

A better tool for checking thing like this is TransEdit (see download area). It is a transponder list editor, scanner and analyzer tool.

Problems may result from wrong parameters in the transponder list. Try the following steps:

(1) Download TransEdit, read the Readme, store TransEdit.exe in the DVBViewer installation folder (where DVBViewer.exe is).

(2) Find a known frequency on which certainly something is broadcasted (try to get it from NextPVR).

(3) In TransEdit select the Terrestrial (EUR) transponder list on the left side and the active frequency on the right side.

(4) Try "Scan Selected". Most likely it will not work if it does not work in DVBViewer.

(5) Try different bandwidth values for this frequency. Change them on the right side, click Apply after each change and try to scan again.

Many DVB-T devices ignore the bandwidth parameter because they are able to detect it automatically. Maybe Avermedia is an exception.

As Tjod​ wrote: "Make sure that nothing from the "Aver TV 3D" software is running in the background." Are you sure???

I have the experience that some third party software to himself sometimes occupying the tuner and the DVBV will then have nothing to catch...

Sorry, but I have no idea why it doesn't work. Usually DVB-T devices are non-ctitical. I don't know how many DVB-T sticks / boxes I have installed up to now (about ten, I guess), and they all worked with DVBViewer out of the box.

BTW: Has Czechia already switched over to DVB-T2 (mostly including HD broadcasts), or is it still DVB-T?

P.S. Here is another (German) post reporting complete failure with the Avermedia TD310. Sorry, no better news... :(

P.P.S. Surprisingly here is a report from someone with a TD310 who complained about the Avermedia remote control not working with DVBViewer (installed on a tablet PC). I'm quite sure he wouldn't mention it if it didn't work at all.

@Board Inventar

Hi,

I, I have Evolveo Venus and WinFast DTV1000T and both fine, but this nothing. So far in czechia DVB-T, but gradually goes to the DVB-T2.

It gradually means, so 4-5 years. In 2021, planning to completely shut down DVB-T.

Edited by pegas1606

So DVB-T2 can't be the reason.

I've found two more reports in the web:

Doesn't work with MediaPortal (English, DVB-C)

Works well with DVBViewer (German, DVB-T/T2)

So it looks like there is no general incompatibility. It seems to depend on certain conditions, but it's hard to pinpoint which ones. What happens if you switch Settings -> Hardware -> Use standard interface on in TransEdit? Stop stream while tuning could be worth another try...

Gentlemen, I'm stuck because I tried it on a second PC. It's a gigabyte brix BACE-3150 4 gigabytes DDR3 120 SSD mini PC.

The other one is on motherboard ASUS Z97 - A with the e3-1231v3 xeon processor, 16GB DDR3, 240ssd, graphics, MSI N760 TF 2GD5 / OC.

So completely different and behaves the same way.

It seems that AVerMedia usb DVB-T, T2, C TD310 works everywhere except DVBViewer.

I tried NextPVR, DVBLink, ProgDVB, MediaPortal, Sichbo and possibly other everywhere DVB-T scan normally OK.

Therefore, certainly is not error in driver, but the error will DVBViewer and possibly in combination with Windows 10 x64.

No scan results are not at version DVBViewer GE and Windows 10 Home x86 tablets. So I tried it on three computers with Windows 10 and in one case even x86 and I am clueless.

I liked DVBViewer for his collaboration with KODI, but the current situation is pretty shitty. All sorts of programs I've tried I just do not meet or work with them nedonutím KODI for HTPC.

• 4 weeks later...

Have a same problem. Tuner works in DVBViewer with imported channel list (DVB-C) made with another tuner right after driver installation but after PC restart got just black screen till I reinstall driver again.

Edited by adamsv

Same for TransEdit - doesn't work, app can detect hardware and use it but it cannot find channels from transponders list until driver reinstallation.

ProgDVB x64 and AverTV seems to work ok.

Edited by adamsv

Same for TransEdit - doesn't work, app can detect hardware and use it but it cannot find channels from transponders list until driver reinstallation.

ProgDVB x64 and AverTV seems to work ok.

Hey, I had to cough to DVBViwer. I needed just a PVR recording service for KODI for HTPC. I used Media Portal 2 and it works. It seems that the tuner except us, nobody not have so every shits to us, annoys me it, but what can we do.

• 1 year later...

TL;DR: If you have the tuner connected via USB3.0 port, move it to an USB2.0 port and see if it helps.

And now the longer version: I know this thread is quite old, but I'll write my experiences here, just in case anyone encounters this problem again.

I bought AverMedia TD310 last week and I had exactly the same problem with DVBViewer 6.0.4.0: the tuner couldn't find any TV stations during channel scan. In my case, it helped to move the tuner to USB2.0 port - suddenly, it worked as it should. After I tuned all the channels, I moved the tuner to an USB3.0 port and it keeps working ever since.

This is not the first time I've encountered such behavior, but it happens much more often lately. You see, I have a PC with AMD X399 chipset which has many integrated USB3.0 ports. In fact, the mainboard (Asus Prime X399-A) has only USB3.0 ports on its back panel, so that's the first place where I connect things now. But it seems USB3.0 hardware and drivers are nowhere as fine-tuned as USB2.0 used to be:

1. I had exactly the same problem with my old tuner, Evolveo Venus.

2. When I first plugged in my tablet (Asus MeMO Pad ME102A), it couldn't establish connection and wouldn't even charge from the USB3.0 ports. Again, plugging it once into USB2.0 fixed it and now it works on all ports.

3. Some really old USB flash drives weren't detected at all in USB3.0 ports.

4. These issues are  not isolated to AMD chipset USB3.0 implementation. I've encountered similar problems on my old PC, which has NEC D720200F1 controller.

Edited by rrrrtttt