HbbTV - implementation only supports offline mode

xtonda

What does the note The MHEG-5 implementation only supports offline mode, like regular STB's without internet connections. on the bottom of this page http://www.DVBViewer.com/en/index.php?page=addon mean (the offline mode thing)? Video archive is Important feature of HbbTV application of some TV stations, past broadcasts can be streamed using HbbTV application via Internet. Will this work?

Yes HbbTV gets all the content via internet and the add-on uses the internet.

MHEG-5 is similar to the HbbTV system but is used by other providers (mainly UK). The first MHEG-5 version didn't rely on the internet. More current versions of MHEG-5 are using the internet, but they are not supported.

MHEG-5 and HbbTV are different systems, supported by the same add-on.

Thanks, it was't clear, I was thinking it is different name for the same protocol. So I will get a licence, is is sufficient to send bank transfer or should I somehow make an order?