Aufnahme anscheinend abgebrochen

christophb

Recording cancelled ?

Heute hatte ich ein enttäuschendes Erlebnis.

Hatte die Aufnahme von Ice Age auf RTL um 17:05 programmiert. Ausführung durch VRP, Split Files bei 2 GB.

Die wurde auch per Scheduler ordnungsgemäß gestartet, die mpg-Datei endet jedoch um 18:28 (letzte Modifikation der Datei), statt wie geplant um 18:45 Uhr.

Eine vorher programmierte Aufnahme mit dem Audio-Plugin war ordnungsgemäß um 14:05 bis 15:05 ausgeführt worden.

Neben dem Frust wegen Ice Age (hatte sich die ganze Familie drauf gefreut), habe ich nun die Frage, wie man derartige Fehler nachträglich analysieren kann.

Ist es evtl. sinnvoll, neben dem Fehler-Log für programmierte Aufträge ein minimales Anwendungslog zu schreiben, aus dem man bei Problemen etwas über die mögliche Ursache erfahren kann?

Umgebung:

- Rechner lief mit abgemeldetem Benutzer, kein StandBy oder Hibernate

- DVBViewer war nicht mehr aktiv

- Programmeintrag ist aus setup.ini gelöscht

- Kein aktueller Eintrag im DVBViewer.log

- Keine Fehlermeldung im Windows-Ereignisprotokoll (Win2K)

- Plattenplatz reichlich vorhanden (>13 GB)

- setup.ini siehe Anhang

- Versionen siehe Signatur

And now in English:

Today I had a disappointing experience.

I programmed the recording of Ice Age on RTL at 17:05. Execution by VRP, Split files at 2 GB.

The job was started by scheduler. However the mpg file ends at 18:28 (last modification of the file), instead of 18:45 o'clock as originally planned.

Another job with the audio Plugin had been proceeded without problems from 14:05 to 15:05.

Apart from the grind because of Ice Age (the whole family wanted to enjoy the movie), I now have the question, how to analyze such kind of problem.

Would it be a good idea to write a minimum application log for the execution of recording jobs, from which one can investigate the problems later on?

Environment:

- computer was up and running with user logged out

- no StandBy or Hibernate

- DVBViewer did not run any longer

- job entry was deleted from setup.ini

- no actual entry in DVBViewer.log

- no error message in the Windows event log (Win2K)

- disk place plentifully available (13 GB)

- setup.ini see ttachment

- Software versions see signature

Setup.ini

Edited by christophb
Split files at 2 GB.

What about the file size? Maybe the recording stopped after 2 GB and didn't continue with a second file? Why did you use the split file option? Still with FAT32 under Win2k?

I recorded Ice Age yesterday and got a 2.03 GB file, but the bitrate and the length of the ads may differ...

Yes, I also assumed the file split could be the reason. But it is not exactly at 2 GB.

See my file description attached. The size is not above 2 GB.

In fact I use NTFS. I only use the split option for better file handling and never I had any problems.

Regarding TV Genial information the duration should have been 95 min. on Dec 25th and 100 min. on Dec 26th.

post-7-1104100870_thumb.jpg

Well, I have driver 4.2.2 - no serious trouble up to now.

The file size... about 1855 MB, so it can't be a failure of the split function. Strange...

I'm quite sure the VRPlugin tried to record until 18:45, but further writing was blocked somehow. Don't know how this could happen.

maybe a virus scanner? Some virus scanner stop access for this file during scanning. For instance MC Afee is some one.

But you can define a directory which should not be scanned. Maybe this helps.

Or the scanner try to scan the incomming traffic of the card. For this you have to disable all network protocoll of the card. DVBViewer not need this.

Steffen