"failed to parse the xml data" error

ramonchin

Hi

I'm getting this error message when I try to get into "Channel list" on Android app.

No problem to see the recording list.

Do you know how to fix it?

There is at least one known channel causing this kind of trouble: DW Arabia. Its EPG data contains invalid control characters.

We are working on it. In order to avoid the issue do the following:

1. Stop the Recording Service
  2. Remove the file epg.dat in the Configuration Folder, config subdirectory (-> all EPG data gone)
  3. Launch DVBViewer on the RS PC. Go to the channel editor, use the search funtion with "Arabia" as search item to find this channel.
  4. On the channel data page on the right click the EPG button and untick "DVB EPG". Or simply delete the channel if you don't need it.
  5. Close DVBViewer or save the changed channel data with the disk symbol tool button.
  6. Restart the RS and perform an EPG update. The problem should now be fixed, provided there is no other channel that is also causing it.

There is at least one known channel causing this kind of trouble: DW Arabia. Its EPG data contains invalid control characters.

2. Remove the file epg.dat in the Configuration Folder, config subdirectory (-> all EPG data gone)
  3. Launch DVBViewer on the RS PC. Go to the channel editor, use the search funtion with "Arabia" as search item to find this channel.
  4. On the channel data page on the right click the EPG button and untick "DVB EPG". Or simply delete the channel if you don't need it.
  5. Close DVBViewer or save the changed channel data with the disk symbol tool button.
  6. Restart the RS and perform an EPG update. The problem should now be fixed, provided there is no other channel that is also causing it.

It didn't work. Perhaps there is another wrong channel EPG.

Open http://127.0.0.1:8089/api/epg.html?lvl=2 in a web browser and look where it reports a error.

Error de lectura XML: mal formado

Número de línea 22739, columna 744:

[stereo] [eng]</description></descriptions></programme><programme start="20170128044500" stop="20170128053000" channel="562954315764051"><eventid>15808</eventid><pdc>919789</pdc><charset>255</charset><titles><title>أهلا بكم في التسعينيات:تعال كما أنت - غرونغ، ريوت غيرل، بريتبوب، نو ميتال

I have erased a bunch of channels I don't use, included suspicious ones like Al Jazeera and others, and it's working now <deleted>

Edited by Griga
ads deleted - please switch the automatic signature on your mobile off
  • 1 year later...
On ‎28‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 2:26 PM, Griga said:

Hi!

Regarding step 4: Unfortunately the Recording Service would still update EPG for those channels for which "DVB EPG" was unticked. Deleting the channel also didn't help for me: My setting is that Recording Service performs EPG update only for favourite channels. If you delete the trouble-maker channel from favourites list but other channels from the same transponder are still in the favourites list, Recording Service performs EPG update for all channels of that transponder, including the trouble-maker channel. The only solution I found was to remove all channels from the transponder on which the trouble-maker channel is located.

It would be great if Recording Service really only performed EPG updates for which "DVB EPG" is ticked in DVBViewer. Any chance this feature will come?

3 hours ago, Knowbody said:

It would be great if Recording Service really only performed EPG updates for which "DVB EPG" is ticked in DVBViewer. Any chance this feature will come?

There will be no more updates for the Recording Service. I would recommend to upgrade to the DVBViewer Media Server where the issue is fixed. It checks the XML output for valid UTF-8 and removes invalid parts.