Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD. Tuning while recording in progress

Hi,

recently I purchased a DVB-T/T2/C USB tuner, the Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD.

The problem I'm having with this device is that when I start a manual recording with DVBViewer, I cannot tune the other channels on the same mux (the message "No hardware available!" appears), as I was able to do with other single tuner devices (Terratec and Avermedia).

I'd like to understand if this is a limitation of the Hauppauge device or a "problem" of DVBViewer.

Can you help me?

Thanks for your support.

My configuration is the following:

Windows 10 64 bit, 16GB RAM

DVBViewer Pro v5.6.4.0

Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD, 64 bit driver, v.5.2016.720.34210 (28/07/2016)

Hi Christian,

no, the channels are not encrypted or marked as encrypted. Trying with different muxes, the behavior is the same.

Using the Recording Service, I also tried to program two simultaneous recordings on the same frequency, with the result that only one recording actually starts.

Support file attached.

Thank you!

support.zip

Hi Tjod,

following your instructions, I made the following tests:

1) Complete uninstallation of the Recording Service, including the user settings folder. Result: the problem still remain.

2) Reinstallation of the Recording Service, configuration of the Recording Service and execution of the "Recording Service Wizard" in DVBViewer. At first in seemed to work, but at the next reboot it no longer worked. Then I found that disabling the option "Enable support for the DVBViewer Recording Service" in DVBViewer it worked again.

Now I have a stable configuration that works correctly with the Hauppauge: RTSP Server activated, RTSP devices activated and used in "Hardware Devices", and "Enable support for the DVBViewer Recording Service" option unselected (if enabled it doesn't work).

As I mentioned at the beginning, this problem had never occurred with my other devices (Avermedia AverTV Volar HD/HD Pro), whatever the configuration adopted (they worked fine also with the configuration reported in the support.zip).

Anyway, I was able to fix my problem.

Thank you for the support :bye:

I am affected as well: Using the German DVB-T2 pilot mux with Das Erste HD and ZDF HD, I cannot record or see both programs at the same time. Recording of the complete mux is not possible as well.

I only use the Record Service for my recordings; DVBViewer only for scanning.

TransEdit (using v4.1.1.0) in contrast is able to show/record all PIDs.

Please find the support.zip attached.

support.zip

Edited by Basic.Master
3 hours ago, Basic.Master said:

Using the German DVB-T2 pilot mux with Das Erste HD and ZDF HD, I cannot record or see both programs at the same time.

Possible reason: The channel data lets DVBViewer believe that both channels are located on different transponders. Check it in the channel editor, particularly the DVB-T2 and Substream ID setting.

Anyway, I'll get a WinTV-soloHD for testing purpose soon (already ordered). If it is a hardware related issue I'll look after it.

I checked the settings and there are no differences in terms of frequency/DVB type/substream ID.

Also plain DVB-T is affected e.g. recording ZDF and 3sat in parallel won't work. However when I use another DVB-T stick, it works flawlessly. Seems indeed to be a hardware issue to me...

Seems indeed to be a hardware issue to me...

Well, but a strange one, because getting different channel data from the same (already tuned) transponder doesn't require to communicate with the hardware/driver. The (RS/DVBViewer software) PID filters are set, that's all.

"No hardware available!" means that for some reason the RS/DVBViewer believes that it needs another device for tuning a channel on a different transponder, but can't find a suitable one. Have you already tried to delete (!) the associated DVB-C tuner? Maybe it's a bug in the hybrid tuner handling.

Edited by Griga

Got it. Stop the RS / close DVBViewer and remove the line

<entry name="LowBandWidth">1</entry>

from your (svc)hardware.xml. It lets the RS/DVBViewer handle the WinTV-soloHD as USB 1.1 device that is not able to deliver the whole transponder. The faulty line is caused by a misinterpretation of the SRx1000 flag destined for the DVB-C tuner.