Transedit does not power Unicable LNB

oldgringo

While trying to analyze a stream or update a transponder list (or simply trying to tune a transponder) the application doesn't power my unicable LNB. I have to turn on another receiver and then I am able to do anything with Transedit. The similar situation is in DVBViewer but there is option Retune on missing stream after (sec.) and it works with this parameter set to any value > 0. But in Transedit there is only choice Retune attempts which in fact doesn't help much in such a case.

Edited by Griga
topic title corrected

Here it works flawlessly with an Inverto Unicable LNB and several DVB devices. It's up to the DVB device driver to switch power on in time.

Issues like this depend on the DVB device, the outdoor equipment and how they interact. Please attach the file TransEdit.ini from the configuration folder.

I use Inverto Unicable II lnb (IDLU_32UL40-UNBOO-OPP) with TT-budget S2 4200 dual tuner card where unicable lnb is connected to the second tuner. There is a universal lnb with diseqc actuator connected to the first tuner. Maybe this combination makes such problems but doesn't matter whether I disable first tuner or not, I cannot get unicable lnb working. But As I wrote only in transedit, DVBViewer can handle this.

TransEdit.ini

TT-budget S2 4200 dual tuner card

That's a relabeled DVBSky device. DVBSky devices usually switch the LNB power off while they are unused. As soon as an application starts using them the LNB power is switched on again.

Issues are frequently caused by lazy switches that need a long time for power up, which means, they may not be ready to receive a DiSEqC signal when it is sent. Please try the following steps:

(1) Open the Positioner Console in TransEdit

(2) Select "TT-budget S2_4200 DVB-S/S2 Tuner 2" as device (the one connected to the Unicable LNB)

(3) Click the "Go to Preset" button in the positioner window. This will let TransEdit send the corresponding DiSEqC command via the selected device, which means, the device will be initialised and switch the LNB power on (the DiSEqC command is meaningless in this case). After that the Positioner Console will keep the device in an active state as long as the window is open.

(4) Try if Unicable works.

If it works we can try some tweaking in TransEdit.ini that (hopefully) will fix the problem.

This works. Yes, it looks like similar "retune on fail" tweak in DVBViewer works the same way. It seems that I need that analyzer has to wait until LNB power is ready or not to switch off the lnb while application is open (to be able to use Restart of the analyze).

Edit: I tried last situation (to restart analyze) but it doesn't work once it failed before. I have to open it when the power is ready otherwise it won't start.

Edited by oldgringo

Regarding your TransEdit.ini, [Hardware] section:

AutoLNBOff.0=0

AutoLNBOff.1=0

is wrong. The value must be =1 for both tuners. It's a bug in our hardware database. This flag does not control the device behaviour, but informs TransEdit about how it behaves. Please correct it.

Additionaly you can try to increase

DiSEqCCount.1=1

to 2 or even 3. The value specifies how many times DiSEqC commands are sent. Repeating them may fix the "lazy switch" problem.

Please note that TransEdit must be closed while TransEdit.ini is changed. The tweaks can also be applied to DVBViewer Pro in the file hardware.xml (and to the Recording Service in config\svchardware.xml if it is installed) by adding a line

<entry name="AutoLNBOff">1</entry>

for both tuners and changing the DiSEqCCount entry if it proves to be successful.

I have added all to the proper configs. I had to set DiSEqCCount.1 = 4, but still analyzer starts 50/50. It means one time yes and then no in accidental order. Increasing of this number did not bring further improvement. But I can live with this situation, the most important thing is that I can run Analyzer Independently from the other devices. Thank you.