Avermedia Homefree Duet Tuner F200 not working

zetka

Hello,

I have tested the Avermedia Homefree duet F200 network tuner with DVBViewer. I have installed the BDA drivers, it works on W7 with Windows mediacenter OK. In case of DVBViewer (5.6.4.0) the drivers for both tuners are found in Options correctly, it even tunes or searches programs, but after few seconds of seeing the stream it stops to transport the steam. I use the sw utility networx for monitoring the network activity on the PC and on the data graph it could be seen, that after a short increase of activity there is a few seconds of fast data stream (reaching Mbytes (not mbits) /s), but after that the data stream stops. On the Windows MC the data stream speed increases not so high, but after certain time the stream decreases to the speed of real Mbit speed of the chanel data. On the attached screenshot graph is on the left the data stream with DVBViewer, on the right it is on windows MCE. 58abfdcd0ab37_avermediagraph.jpg.6fc4933d9c6d86327c4b812e793df87c.jpg

I suppose that the problem is in DvBviwer, that it works with the driver differently than the MCE.

Although it is an old piece of HW with a discontinued support, its functionality is still good, but is a pitty that it is not working propery with DVBViewer.

BR,

Vojtech, Prague.

Maybe to be precise, the Avermedia identifies in Options as "Avermedia SW Tuner (1) and (2). The drivers which I am using are identified in W7 device manager as "AVermedia DVBT Network Tuner", dated 23.8. 2011, version 1.0.0.19, they are the newest ones published.

The same behavior as above I have tested on windows 10.