Rebuild recording history from folder (restored from backup)

bccrew

I had a crash of my DVBViewer RS server and I was able to restore my recordings from a backup.

I noticed that placing the *.ts files in a folder and select that folder as the default recording folder in the RS settings is not enough to rebuild the history.

Also, when I click the option to rebuild the history in the webinterface, the history is not rebuild.

Can I do this another way?

You will probably have to also copy the .txt file into the same directory as the .ts file.

I have had no succes importing .ts file, although that would be a nice feature o:)

Importing as recording is only possible if EPG info data exist attached as NTFS data stream to the file or as separate EPG info file (txt with the same name as the recoding).

OK then it should work.

But you have to run in the RS web-interface > Tasks > Refresh Recording DB

There are two databases. One is the Recording DB, for recordings which are present and can be watched.

And then there is the  Recording History DB, which is only used by the automatic timer generation (EPG search) if you enable there "Deactivate auto-timers with the same Recording ..." it can also include already delete recordings. So that if you are recording series  and delete old episodes. Reruns of those episodes will not be recorded.

I'm sorry but it just won't work. I have deleted the SvcDatabase.db3 database and restarted the service so a new one is generated.

After that I click on Refresh Recording DB but in the task manager I don't see any high CPU activity that indicates that the recording folder is being scanned for recordings.