Where can we download old versions of DVBViewer?

Motorcycleboy

Old versions of DVBViewer are not available in the members area and the announcements of new versions in the forum only provide a link to the members area.  I have tried trustworthy sites that might archive the old versions like videohelp.com and afterdawn.com, but with no success.  Google searches for DVBViewer with a version number bring up cracked and repacked versions or demos.  What is someone to do if they try the latest version and they do not like it, but they foolishly deleted the installer for the version they had been using from their pen drive?  In my case I have been using version 5.2.9.0 without any problems at all, but I would like to explore possible improvements in later versions, but the latest version sets the aspect ratio and full screen differently which seems less satisfactory to me.

If you don't have the old setup on your PC e.g. in a backup (they are stored in /DVBViewer/setup/ as long as you aren't uninstalling them or delete the folder).

And if the developer decided to not make it available in the members area. Then there is no way for you to get a old version.

The members area is the only legal way to get the DVBViewer Pro. And a 5.2.9.0 setup downloaded by someone else would not work with your licence data.

(And would result in a permanent ban (members area and forum) for the person providing the version)

vor 45 Minuten schrieb Motorcycleboy:

but the latest version sets the aspect ratio and full screen differently which seems less satisfactory to me.

I don't know what you are talking about.

Waste of time, I've taken a trip down memory late tonight trying all my downloaded versions of DVBViewer. My earliest version is 4.1 and I have versions through to 5.6.4. anything in the v4 era is erroring with incorrect keytool.exe data. I have meticulous records and know my license info is correct.

Thanks for your reply Tjod.  I had not anticipated that each copy of DVBViewer downloaded from the members area is personalized for each member.  In future I shall be vigilant in archiving each version of DVBViewer as they are released because the developer does not want to offer old versions to members.

• 2 years later...

Have you looked into your installation dir (mostly C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer\Setup) as Tjod already wrote in Post #2 two years ago? As long as you not delete the content or format your drive there you will find all your previous (personalized) setup packages of DVBViewer or RS/DMS you ever installed. I personally back up them additionally on an external drive too.

As there is no auto-update and you have to download each build manually why delete the older ones and not keep them?

yes but I missed version 6.1.4 and would like to add it to my collection and I can't now that version 6.1.5 is released

That's why if we could at least download the previously released version in addition to the latest one it would be nice

Anyway what's the point in preventing supporting members to download previously released versions ?

Edited by quack
10 minutes ago, quack said:

yes but I missed version 6.1.4 and would like to add it to my collection and I can't now that version 6.1.5 is released

Version 6.1.4 is still available in the "Older Versions" section of the customer download area. Scroll down to the bottom...

Thank you. I don't know how I missed it yesterday...

Maybe because it's called "DVBViewer" and not "DVBViewer Pro", but it is indeed the pro version

Edited by quack