winLIRC

McPingvin

I have a problem with winLIRC on skystar2.When i try to initalize winLIRC it says:winLIRC failed to initalize.Would you try to change the configuration and try again?

I'm using IR on COMPORT1

Can you help me? B)

:) WinIRC site isn't italian ;)

...sorry instead for the strange Wirr link, dunno what's up...

Try this instead: http://ideegeniali.altervista.org/animax/download.html: yes, the site is in italian, but you have simply to click on the Wirr link (the third one...)...

...but maybe you simply haven't noticed that the undelined words of my previous post were links to the sites I mentioned... B)

...let me say with Woody Allen: "Play It Again, Sam!" :D

Gioxy B)

Nothing special at all...

Wirr is already a perfect WinLIRC clone, so all the operation you have to do are:

• install and configure Wirr assigning some string to your RC keys

• set DVBViewer to use WinLIRC

• configure DVBViewer remote keys selecting the function and pressing a RC key

• enjoy...

Moreover with Wirr you can change the key setting in real time...

Good luke!

Gioxy :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I have been watching the correspondence about IR remote control as I have been unsuccessful. I have not tried wirr and , though at least it opens for configuration, unlike WINLIRC, I cannot get a response. My IR receiver is part of a Matrix front panel connected to the motherboard. I have enabled it, and successfull transferred data through it. It immediately recognises my mobile phone. But respond to a remote controller - no way.

There are a variety of settings, and I wonder if anyone can spot what I am doing wrong. Alternatively, what other USB or serial device is sure to work? This is way out of my depth.

Onboard SIR 3F8/IRQ4 (I have tried other settings)

IR Mode select IrDA

RxD, TxD Active Hi, Lo

IR transmission delay - enabled

UR2 Duplex mode half

Ise IR pins IR-Rx2T x2

Grateful for any advice

Guest Lars_MQ
It immediately recognises my mobile phone. But respond to a remote controller - no way.

Well I would say you trying to use a IRDA IR-Receiver with a normal IR-Control. It won't work in most cases, cause they use different frequencies.

For a list of working IR-Receivers have a look at the Lirc Homepage that's the linux pedant to winlirc and simple receivers working with lirc will work also with winlirc.

lars

As you can read in his site (winlirc.sourceforge.net, WinLIRC (as also Wirr) doesn't support IRDA port or any other MB integrated IR, but only a simpler receiver connected to one of the standard serial PC port...

You can also search Internet for "Animax", the name that most often is used to refer to this kind of receiver... not so many time ago there was various place where you could buy it for a couple of buck...

Nothing special at all...

Wirr is already a perfect WinLIRC clone, so all the operation you have to do are:

• install and configure Wirr assigning some string to your RC keys

• set DVBViewer to use WinLIRC

• configure DVBViewer remote keys selecting the function and pressing a RC key

• enjoy...

Moreover with Wirr you can change the key setting in real time...

Good luke!

Gioxy :bounce:

I too have been having problems getting WinLIRC to work, the replies are hard to follow. Can anyone explain what I need to do in simple english, I can get TV channels but not radio channels and of course WInLIRC says failed to initialise.

inside the driver package is aPDF manual for WinLIRC. You only have to read this!

There are all informations which you need.

BTW. for DVBViewrTE the makes TechniSat support . Here is the forum for DVBViewerPr Versoin