hackbart

Windows 10

hackbart

I got a couple of mails about this problem today https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41309cf3-2ca5-4b75-9d3f-3cc9ebba8ac0/windows-media-foundation-bug-in-cumulative-update-kb3216755-windows-10?forum=mediafoundationdevelopment

There seems to be a bug with a few windows components which cause a crash while tuning a channel. In all cases so far the used decoder was the Microsoft DTV Filter. 

If you have the same problem, just install the LAV Filters (or any other third party filter) and use them instead. To avoid crashes at start, try to start the DVBViewer with parameter -c or in safe mode (see start menu -> DVBViewer), open the DirectX Decoder Options and deselect the Microsoft decoder wherever it is selected.

Christian

• Like 4

Cian

I had Cyberlink PDVD12 decoder enabled for h.264 which also caused the crash. Swapped to LAV and that worked.

Thanks for the heads up.

C.

Edited by Cian

hackbart

Good to know that also other decoders have this issue.

digitl

I have installed the LAV filters but am still unable to launch DVBViewer successfully. Does LAV need to be configured? Or should it work straight out of the box?

hackbart

There is no need for a configuration. Please make sure that you selected the decoder under Video A and B options in order to avoid that an other decoder is used instead.

digitl

Thanks. LAV was enabled everywhere but I have had to remove two recent Windows 10 updates to get DVBViewer working again.

blomman

Thanks for the LAV fix :D

digitl

...and Windows 10 has reinstalled the updates so DVBViewer has stopped again.

I have rechecked and can see LAV everywhere I have looked and cannot see any references to Microsoft. The only non-LAV product I can see is 'Video Renderer' which is set to 'EVR Custom Video Renderer'.

Do the attached screenshots provide any clues?

I am running DVBViewer on a Hauppauge WinTV 88x (DVB-S2+IR) card if that is relevant?

Screenshot 2017-03-18 16.44.36.png

Screenshot 2017-03-18 16.44.18.png

Screenshot 2017-03-18 16.44.24.png

Screenshot 2017-03-18 16.44.32.png

Tjod

Start the DVBViewer via start menu > DVBViewer > DVBViewer (Debug Mode) and try to select a channel. Close the DVBViewer if it not crashes and post a support.zip

digitl

Thanks. Attached, though it crashed out on loading so I did not have an opportunity to try to select a channel.

support.zip

Tjod

Options > DirectX >> Audio A/B and replace there the Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder with LAV Audio

• Like 2

digitl

Thank you! I had, for some reason, thought the replacements were for video only.

DVBViewer is back to its excellent self now!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.