If you are NOT using the DMS (running DVBViewer as a standalone app), then ensure that the following is checked:

DVBViewer -> Settings -> Options -> EPG -> Save EPG data on disk

If you are using DMS, have the upper one unchecked and ensure that Xepg imports the EPG into DMS:

importinto.jpg.2d9c41b741f95a0726530ae09872bf3f.jpg

• Like 1
On 12/30/2018 at 10:29 PM, Delphi said:

If you are NOT using the DMS (running DVBViewer as a standalone app), then ensure that the following is checked:

DVBViewer -> Settings -> Options -> EPG -> Save EPG data on disk

If you are using DMS, have the upper one unchecked and ensure that Xepg imports the EPG into DMS:

importinto.jpg.2d9c41b741f95a0726530ae09872bf3f.jpg

Thank.
In the settings it is.
I can not understand why such a problem.

30 minutes ago, dxflw said:

Is there any guide for how to use xepg and get the epg for iptv?

Convert the IPTV channels to TS Stream as described here

Click the Help buttons in Xepg.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:42 PM, jampeer said:

I can not understand why such a problem

Please upload the following files:

DVBViewer -> Help -> Configuration Folder: setup.xml, channels.dat

Xepg -> Xepg Data Folder: Config.ini, Pairings.xml

Copy the files to a temporary folder and zip them together.  You might want to delete personal information like passwords in Config.ini befor zipping.

If you don't want the files to be public, PM me.

For me there is:  Drag files here to attach, or choose file

Another general way is to use a free cloud storage (DropBox, OneDrive,... there are many). I will use DropBox as an example:

1) Install DropBox. This gives you a folder DropBox on your pc.

2) Copy the zip file to the DropBox folder.

3) Right click on the file and select Copy DropBox-link

4) PM me and insert the link (Ctrl+V)

Edited by Delphi

I think I have solved your problem:

DVBViewer -> Settings -> Options -> DVBViewer Media Server you have

enabledms.jpg.20befb2a57bfa7e25ed8da79f4c7c16a.jpg

Uncheck that one.

Explanation: If the upper is checked, the DVBViewer will on start delete all the external EPG then attempt to read the EPG from the DMS. The latter will fail ofcourse, but your external EPG is gone.

Furthermore, in Xepg have:

importinto2.jpg.138f9d8ff379d9c745731fc3e980400d.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Not a problem not to pay if you have what I need. A need for EPG preferably as many channels and especially for the EX YU channels. If anyone has any suggestions on where I can find something and be legally'd put in over the DVBViewer XEPG I would be very grateful.

You have

Grabber=http://epg.nextgen-iptv.com/

This link downloads a file epg.xml.gz

This is a compressed file which must be uncompressed using say 7-zip (google to download 7-zip). Result is epg.xml which looks OK.

Xepg does NOT support .gz files directly (might come some time in a not near future). It only supports .xml files.

For now you need to create a .BAT file in a text editor (Say MyGrabber.BAT)  that uses wget (google) to download the epg.xml.gz

and then in the next line calls 7-zip to uncompress that file to epg.xml

You will have to read the documentation for both wget and 7-zip for knowing the parameters to use in the .BAT file. Maybe someone will help you. In Xepg it should be

gzBat.jpg.67b3947b3a8570d3492297b67a4bf598.jpg

The file epg.xml is tested OK

OK. Somehow I'll try to do something but if I'll be fine. In any case, thank you.

Edit: Just to know that I finally managed. Many thanks to Delphi. 

Greeting.

Edited by Igor Lekic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Xepg version 0.7.3.2 is available

Xepg will now accept TS Stream channels even if they are not yet autoupdated  (e.g. tuned), see this thread.

It is now possible to have something like [3] (2:7) as Season/Episode output instead of the default [3]/(2:7). Use Default2019.xml as EPG Format file.

Also, read about series recordings in the help file to the EPG Format Editor.

Details in the changelog.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Delphi,

Thanks very much for Xepg, I've only discovered it today and have been trying to replace my current method of using EPG Collector and satellite-provided guide data. 

So I have my XMLTV format xml coming in OK from DigiGuide, all my channel mappings are set up and Xepg is successfully squirting all the guide data into DMS, so far so good.  The problem I'm having is one I've come across before when using EPG Collector and that is the formatting of the title/subtitle/description fields in relation to Series Links.  DMS's series link feature relies entirely on the title/subtitle fields and will only look at these 2 when detecting duplicate timers.  Xepg however likes to use the description field to place most of the episode-specific data.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with UK satellite guide data but if not, they very rarely use the "subtitle" field for anything, it's all in the desc field.  This is the same whether using Sky, Freesat or as I've found today, DigiGuide data.  In EPG Collector, there is an option called "Format data so that subtitle is visible".  This causes the desc data to appear in the subtitle field thus providing unique combinations of title/subtitle and therefore working Series Links in DMS.  If I'm not explaining this very well, and I'm probably not, here is a comparison of Xepg inserted data and EPGCollector data:

XEPG: http://i65.tinypic.com/rj19cl.png

EPGCollector: http://i64.tinypic.com/2b5lrt.png

As you can see, when using Xepg, only programme names are visible, very few have anything in the sub-title field.  If you create a Series timer for any of these and use the default duplicate detection, only the first airing will record.  Every subsequent episode of that show will be seen as a duplicate.

I'm aware of Xepg's "EPG Format Editor" however this doesn't seem to go far enough as the 'title', 'subtitle' and 'desc' fields have hard-coded positions and are not interchangable or merge-able.  Thanks for any guidance you can offer with this.

3 hours ago, beeswax said:

Xepg however likes to use the description field to place most of the episode-specific data.

If the information is available in the xmltv file, Xepg can place the information where you want it.

Please upload the xmltv file(s), I will have a look at it.

P.S. The links you provided don't work for me. Please use DropBox or alike for sharing files.

• Like 1

Sorry, you're right those links don't work.  Here are the screens:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16YCYrHKuuE_GZXo4RyaBRPw56uSzzcJz/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P-t__Qfc41U3uJCZmaRmmIFc7qsvbPWy/view?usp=sharing

and my XMLTV file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10OOSWB17CJzM9Btktp3b-DM1CauRV5Sh/view?usp=sharing

I need to somehow get the description data into the sub-heading field, like in the second screenshot.  Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate your time.

Your xmltv file contains <episode-num> elements like

<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">7.8.</episode-num>

Those are fully supported by Xepg and can be placed anywhere you like it. Use the newest version of Xepg and try to use the Default2019.xml as Format File (Click Edit button on main window). The Default2019.xml places  the Episode (xmltv_ns) at the end of the Title ([8] (9) in the upper case). Use drag'n drop in the EPG Format Editor to put it elsewhere.

4 hours ago, beeswax said:

I need to somehow get the description data into the sub-heading field

It's the grabbers job to extract episode information  and create <episode-num> elements.

Thanks Delphi, I already tried all the templates and am using the latest beta.  I think a big part of the problem is that guide data in the UK contains very few of the <episode-num> elements.  It doesn't matter what grabber you use, this is a problem whether using satellite-provided data from broadcasters or web-based services like DigiGuide. I know there is <episode-num> data for a few programmes but they would need to be present for every programme to make duplicate detection for series timers reliable.

The only way to make this work with DVBViewer's timer system is to copy/move something into the sub-header field to give you a unique title/sub-title combination for every programme.  EPGCollector does this by placing the standard episode description into this field, which works very well.  When you do this, there's no decernable different to the EPG when viewing it, it's just a different way of storing it.

Is there any way to achieve the same with Xepg?  As far as I can tell, the basic structure of each EPG entry in the Format Editor only allows customisation and moving around of the more obscure elements, the basic ones like title, sub-title and description cannot be moved around.

Edited by beeswax
5 hours ago, beeswax said:

Is there any way to achieve the same with Xepg? 

No.

EPGCollector does this by placing the standard episode description into this field, which works very well

Why not use EPGCollector then?

the basic ones like title, sub-title and description cannot be moved around.

Xepg is based on the xmltv standard, see xmltv.dtd. It's not Xepg that lacks functionallity, it's your grabbers that don't deliver;)

Moving data around this way can cause problems, e.g. linebreaks are allowed in the <desc>, not in the <sub-title>. Such things certainly should not be allowed in the EPG Format Editor. 

However, Xepg has a tweak that that does the opposite: moves the <sub-title> to the <desc>. This was for people who got too many recordings.

I am not very happy with tweaks, they clutter up the user interface and spoils the eco system within Xepg.

I know that the hardest thing in using Xepg can be to find a decent grabber. I suggest you try http://webgrabplus.com/

Those guys are very good at extracting episode numbers. To get some help from them it usually helps to donate:)

Edited by Delphi
7 hours ago, Delphi said:

Why not use EPGCollector then?

I would but I'm looking for something that can add proper genre/category info into the EPG and I can't seem to get EPG Collector to do this with DVBViewer.  For this reason, I looked at Digiguide for providing data but this can only be grabbed in XMLTV form leaving me with the problem of how to get that into DVBViewer.  Xepg seemed the obvious choice.  This combination actually works beautifully, the problem really is that DVBViewer's duplicate detection is somewhat gimped, I'll come to that in a minute.

7 hours ago, Delphi said:

Xepg is based on the xmltv standard, see xmltv.dtd. It's not Xepg that lacks functionallity, it's your grabbers that don't deliver;)

Kind of, but not really.  I guess you'd need to live in the UK to appreciate the problem.  As I mentioned before, it doesn't matter where you grab your data from or with which grabber, your typical UK broadcast show doesn't include any episode or season numbering.  There are exceptions but they're just that.  Very few shows have a sub-title or sub-heading whatever you want to call it.  Almost everything consists of a show name and description and not much else.

I'm not trying to pin this problem on Xepg by the way, I was only hoping that it would be the link in the chain where a workaround could be found.  As I touched on before, perhaps the biggest problem here is DVBViewer itself and it's limitations for Series Timers.  If it simply allowed looking in the description field to make decisions on duplicates, there wouldn't be an issue.  

In summary, the combination of issues I'm trying to explain are these:

• UK broadcast data, no matter where you get it from or with which grabber, contains hardly any data which can be considered a sub-heading.  Hardly any shows have season/episode numbering or even episode names
  • DVBViewer will only look at 'title' and 'sub-heading' when making decisions on duplicates
  • When you create a series timer from the DVBViewer Kodi add-on, the default duplicate detection options are always used.  Unless you manually change every timer to not detect duplicates, you end up with just the first episode being recorded and then DVBViewer ignores the rest as it just sees another show with the same title and no sub-heading

edit: just to clarify, I don't think EPGCollector does anything weird or out of spec with XMLTV, it performs the sub-heading/desc trick at time of injection into DVBViewer to work around this specific problem.

Edited by beeswax
37 minutes ago, beeswax said:

As I mentioned before, it doesn't matter where you grab your data from or with which grabber, your typical UK broadcast show doesn't include any episode or season numbering. 

I don't think this is true. WebgrabPlus grabs from tv listing sites, one is https://my.tvguide.co.uk/

You have both genre and episode/season  information here.

Goto http://webgrabplus.com/ select EPG Channels, then UK. Decide which site you want to grab from, preferably one with a newer date.

Using WebGrabPlus requires some work to understand and setup. It's slow, but that doesn't really matter if things are automated. While testing only grab a few channels one day ahead.

A much cleaner solution than moving the desc to sub-title which in many cases would produce too many duplicate recordings.

• 2 weeks later...

The missing ones from your log:

current affairs
factual topics
news magazine
school programs
Sendepause
sports
team sports (excluding football)

Those are not identified because they are not identical to the ones in the English.xml language files. It is not recommended to make changes to English.xml since those would be overwritten by your next upgrade of Xepg.  There is room for an improvement here.

For now I suggest to add those ones to Deutsch.xml using Xtranslate.exe and save it as say MyDeutsch.xml (Deutsch.xml will also be overwritten on an upgrade) and browse to this one in the XMLTV Job Editor.

e.g.

32 Nachrichten/Aktuelles should be 32 Nachrichten/Aktuelles/current affairs

Thanks for your help. I have to modify the English.xml because i need it for Kodi. Kodi it self translate these Genre into German. The Kodi pvr addon ignore the German.xml file!

A new feature could be to select an individual English and German file for using Kodi (with mod English.xml) and DVBViewer (with German.xml).

The Genre section of the Xepg language files serves one purpose (and one purpose only):

Guess the integer Content number (0,...,255) as defined by ETSI EN 300 468 (page 47)

That number is the only thing that is shipped to DMS (and thus KODI). The DMS (and KODI?) has it's own language files in order to display textual values of the Content number.

2 hours ago, TeHaX said:

I have to modify the English.xml because i need it for Kodi

The Genre section is not used by DMS/KODI.

2 hours ago, TeHaX said:

A new feature could be to select an individual English

Yes, here is room for an improvement´: the name English.xml should be configurable. Will be in next version. For now do as I suggested and  create a modified MyDeutsch.xml.

55 minutes ago, Delphi said:

The Genre section is not used by DMS/KODI.

Sorry, but for me this is not right. After i modify the English.xml, Kodi shows all the Genre correct incl. Kodi German translations. German.xml will be ignored for kodi but not for DVBViewer. Maybe the developer from Kodi pvr client Manuel Mausz knows the more.

But i forgot to say that my combination is: 

Clickfinder for epg (TV Movie)

Kisscon for Genre mapping between TV Movie and EIT 

XEPG for custom epg format in Kodi and epg import to DVBViewer / DMS

Kodi pvr DVBViewer client for import DMS epg guide

Edit: There could also some issus in Kodi with the Genre identification. E.g. "(general)" or "progammes" instead of "programs" causes issues for identifying.

Edited by TeHaX
1 hour ago, TeHaX said:

Sorry, but for me this is not right. After i modify the English.xml, Kodi shows all the Genre correct incl. Kodi German translations

Depends on what meaning you put to the word "use". I would say, that it is Xepg that uses the file to get the right content number. If you want to look at the epg content in DMS, download XgrabDMS.

I have uploaded the file Xepg.zip containing only a new version of Xepg.exe. Just replace that file in your current installation of Xepg.

Make a copy of your current English.xml  say, MyEnglish.xml in order to protect it from future Xepg updates. Then browse to it in the new XMLTV Job Editor:

englishgenre.jpg.b0415ff3253580b32f9a4eb85a6c81f3.jpg

NOTE: The recommended way is to add not found genres separated by a slash, like

news/current affairs (general) -> news/current affairs (general)/current affairs

• Thanks 1

Yes, thats it. Many thanks for your work. I don' t know that it is possible to add further Genre instead to delete them and i will test it later when i have new missing Genre. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Did channel matching and update yesterday.

All were working perfect, but today all EGP are emty.

Looks like its deteled and never updated.

Tried in xpeg but all looks great

i am using DMS and are importing directly to DMS. I thinkt the 24h Xepg update did some kind of overwrite.

Do anybody know what is wrong, really miss my EPG on my IPTV Channels

epgtom.png

general.png

Pairing channels.png

Let me guess:

You have not yet executed 5) Automate.

You need to add "Xepg as a Process Task Timer of the DVBViewer Media Server"

Xepg > Automate > Help 

tells how to do that.

• 4 weeks later...

Xepg version 0.7.4.0 is available.

This is an encryption and Genre Search update.

The XMLTV Job Editor now looks like this:

0.jpg.f5fc1ccf891cf348c6599f771c51aaac.jpg

Click Help for an example on how to improve the Genre Search.

Edited by Delphi
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Delphi,

I just updated to DMS 2.1.4

When I launched XGrabDMS, typed in username/password, tested connection and it showed successful, there was an error box pop-up:

---------------------------
XgrabDMS
Get Error: 404 failed. GetLastError = 0.

There's nothing in XgrabDMS, no channel list, no EPG. In DMS WebUI everything works fine.

How could I find out what's wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Works fine here. Things you could try:

Only use ASCII characters in username/password. If you are using Xepg: does that connect?

Error 404 failed means "Page not found".  Try to google that.

Edited by Delphi
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 7:26 AM, Delphi said:

Only use ASCII characters in username/password. If you are using Xepg: does that connect?

My username and password contain only ASCII characters. Even I removed the username and password, the same error occurs.

I understand 404 means page not found, but... which page is missing?

Would appreciate some hint for troubleshooting. Thank you  :)