9 hours ago, bounguine said:

Any app must differentiate between 2+ sources using complex keys, if there is at least 1% possibility that items inside them may have same keys/ids.

I proposed source number (not source name) + inside id. Anyway there are lots of workarounds.

This is a must in IT.

Who says that?

Anyway, it's a fact that Xepg can't process your files. For other reasons a future (not near) version will do the channel  pairing  separately for each file. Then it should work. For now you will need to create a script that makes the ids unique. 

I still think, that the files from your provider are bad. They don't even validate!!!

Here are the rules for the id (from xmltv.dtd):

Each channel has one id attribute, which must be unique and should
preferably be in the form suggested by RFC2838 (the 'broadcast'
element of the grammar in that RFC, in other words, a DNS-like name
but without any URI scheme).

The files do not confirm to that and don't validate.

OK.

In this version of the app multiple files are not processed correctly.

I have to operate with 1 sorce.

NB

I just imagine you writing to Yahoo and saying your xmltv format is not correct

35 minutes ago, bounguine said:

I just imagine you writing to Yahoo and saying your xmltv format is not correct

What??? I certainly will not. It's the files from your provider that sucks.

Case closed.

• 2 months later...

Last week I imported EPG with application Xepg (http://www.a123.dk/) for channels CT1, CT2, CT3 HD and now no new EPG entries received throught transport stream for these channels. EPG ends on these channels with the last epg record added by Xepg as you can see here https://i.imgur.com/z4dfKvN.png - channels CT1, CT2, CT3 HD no longer have EPG. It's problem Xepg or DMS (version 2.1.6.4)? What I need to do now for load the epg for these channels from the transport stream?

I checked EPG for these channels (CT1, CT2, CT3 HD) with DVBViewer and it's present in transport stream (as you can see here https://i.imgur.com/3fEa2I3.png).

Xepg has these settings https://i.imgur.com/DHCdHWJ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YFZte2q.png

Is here anybody who can know how to solve it or where is problem?

13 hours ago, jirim100 said:

Last week I imported EPG with application Xepg

You need to automate the process if you continously want external epg. Have you created  an "External Task timer" in DMS that calls Xepg? See Xepg -> Automate '> Help. This is what you should do if you want external epg imported by Xepg.

13 hours ago, jirim100 said:

What I need to do now for load the epg for these channels from the transport stream?

This is called native epg (from the antenna). If that's what you want you should unpair those channels in Xepg and do a Test Import.

I am not quite sure about what you want. In general External epg has higher priority than native epg, so if there is no more external epg for a channel native epg is shown, if exists.

EDIT: If you want to study the epg content in DMS by type (native,MHW,External) you can download XgrabDMS (xgrabdms2.zip) from my site.

Edited by Delphi

Thank you for your answer.

12 hours ago, Delphi said:

This is called native epg (from the antenna). If that's what you want you should unpair those channels in Xepg and do a Test Import.

I am planning every sunday timers for the next week. I prefer native EPG, but my broadcast provider broadcasts only for 6 next days. Therefore I need to fill the 7th day of the week by the help of external EPG. Problem is when I did import from the GUI of Xepg (button "Test import") then all native epg is deleted and replaced by the external epg. And when external epg is no more present then native epg is not adding for paired channels (even if I run internal task "Start EPG update"). The information about channel pairing is stored somewhere in config files of DVBViewer/DMS? My next problem is: I am recording almost constantly ?  and therefore I can't restart or stop DMS (maybe sometime on night). All tasks I have to do when DMS is running.

Update: Now I unpaired all channels and after starting internal task in DMS - "Start EPG update" then native epg is loaded - great. But now I have problem - I will have to every sunday pair channels and the unpair these channels - again and again. Is it possible to save somewhere which channels was paired?

Edited by jirim100

Now I understand what you want.

7 hours ago, jirim100 said:

I am planning every sunday timers for the next week. I prefer native EPG, but my broadcast provider broadcasts only for 6 next days.

The simplest solution is to not use Xepg and then plan your timers every 5th ot 6th day. However, the DMS and thus the DVBViewer stores the native and the external epg separately, but shows the external epg if present (priority). From within DVBViewer you can control which type you see:

epgsettings.jpg.72747eae223ae7ece90b9b299b4f9aa7.jpg

I collapsed the channel tree and selected the channels in question (here all). I unchecked "External EPG" , clicked "Apply" and saved the channel list (remember that!). You will then not see the external EPG even if it is there. You can temporarely check the "External EPG" if you want to have that for programming timers for the 7th day.

You should create an "External task timer" as described earlier in order to allways have the external epg updated when you need it.

The information about channel pairing is stored somewhere in config files of DVBViewer/DMS?

No, it is stored by Xepg  in Pairings.xml in Xepg Data Folder.

Now I unpaired all channels

Don't do that, not needed if you follow the upper description.

1 hour ago, Delphi said:

I unchecked "External EPG" , clicked "Apply" and saved the channel list (remember that!). You will then not see the external EPG even if it is there. You can temporarely check the "External EPG" if you want to have that for programming timers for the 7th day.

Is it possible to do that programmatically? I can't restart DMS because during the day I still recording. In which files is external epg stored? When I temporarilly move these files maybe then external epg will not be displayed?.

Since DMS Version 2.1.5.10, you don't need to restart the DMS:

Added: Channel List: Monitoring of the files channels.dat and favourites.xml, that triggers automatic reloading with a delay of one to two seconds after they have been changed. Additionally the associated files ChannelsURL.ini and DiSEqC.xml are reloaded. Thus changes in the channel or favorites list performed by the local DVBViewer or TransEdit take effect in the Media Server, as soon as the files are saved. However, web interface pages have to be reloaded manually in the browser in order to make changes visible

All types of epg is stored in one file: epg.dat. in the Config subfolder of the DVBViewer configuration folder (just for your information).

You can freely switch between native and external epg. Just remember to click the refresh button in your browser.

I tried to create external task "Load_external_EPG" in DMS, but when I click on this task in web interface of DMS then the message is showed: "Load_external_EPG cannot be executed". 

Here is the settings of this task and the error message:

https://i.imgur.com/7lHeiYl.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/MxgkZQO.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/f7i8E61.png

Xepg has these settings https://i.imgur.com/DHCdHWJ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YFZte2q.png

From GUI (https://i.imgur.com/Yp4RfkM.png) when I click on buttons "Run Grabbers" and "Test Import" - both working without problems (https://i.imgur.com/gbnok25.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/xzDKBv8.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/5plxM1F.png).

Xepg is version 0.7.4.2

Even when I run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xepg\Xepg.exe" -xGrabThenImport from command line - nothing happen.

Edited by jirim100

https://i.imgur.com/MxgkZQO.png

Remove the doubble quotes here in  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xepg\Xepg.exe"

6 hours ago, jirim100 said:

Even when I run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xepg\Xepg.exe" -xGrabThenImport from command line - nothing happen

That should work. Are you sure nothing happens? Sometimes it surprices people how fast things goes ;)

54 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Remove the doubble quotes here in  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xepg\Xepg.exe"

Removed double quotes and now DMS show the message  "Load_external_EPG was started"   - and confirm visually that the external EPG was successfully loaded. Great!

54 minutes ago, Delphi said:

That should work. Are you sure nothing happens? Sometimes it surprices people how fast things goes

I was run a GUI instance of this program, therefore nothing happen in command line - my mistake. And indeed it's very fast.

Edited by jirim100

Added: Channel List: Monitoring of the files channels.dat and favourites.xml, that triggers automatic reloading with a delay of one to two seconds after they have been changed. Additionally the associated files ChannelsURL.ini and DiSEqC.xml are reloaded. Thus changes in the channel or favorites list performed by the local DVBViewer or TransEdit take effect in the Media Server, as soon as the files are saved. However, web interface pages have to be reloaded manually in the browser in order to make changes visible

Unfortunatelly it's not working (when only disable/enable external epg). I saved updated channel list in DVBViewer then wait about 10 seconds, then reload web page. It's working but have to be restarted whole DMS. My DMS is version 2.1.6.4.

Edited by jirim100
3 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Did you remember to click Apply before saving the channel list?

Yes, I did it. Without click to Apply  don't be enabled button Save.

I asked @Griga. There are two development lines 2.1.6.x and an internal one. The internal version does already the file monitoring while the 2.1.6.x does not.

Unfortunately the internal development line is not compatible with the environment created by the 2.1.6.1 installer, so it's not possible to ship you a patch. You will just have to wait until it is released, sorry.

• 1 month later...

Is there a command line parameter for selecting a job? If so you could define one job for epg-grabs on a weekly basis and one job for daily grabs that would fill the otherwise empty guest list of talkshows (for example) or take broadcast changes into account.

This has been requested once before and is in theory possible to do if you have

Xepg > Options > General > "Delete old External EPG prior to Importy"

unchecked. Otherwise a job would delete the EPG imported by the other job.

However, I am reluctant to introduce new features for such a special sitiation. One question:

1) Are the weekly and the daily grabs for different sets of channels?

If yes: Why not just grab everything on a daily basis. Should not be a problem if you have a reasonable internet connection.

If No: I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish. Please explain in more detail.

One more question:

2) Are you using different xmltv providers for the weekly and the daily grab?

Edited by Delphi
  • 1 month later...

Hi.

I have a question regarding summer/wintertime.

I am using data from Honeybee.it whic gives me a xmltv file with times as +0000 as timezone.

In XEPG I have a mark set at "Use UTC and PC Local Timezone" and "Adjust Time Zone by minutes set to 0.

When it was summertime here, CEST (Copenhagen), the times for programmes were just fine.

Now, after the change to wintertime, CET (Copenhagen), the times for programmes are now 1 hour too early. Program that starts at 2000 shows to start at 1900.

I can fic it by changing "Adjust Time Zoneby minutes" to 60.

But shouldn't XEPG be able to figure this out by itself by using "UTC and PC Local Timezone"?

Am using XEPG 0.7.3.2 and newest DMS and DVBViewer.

Or is it the data from Honeybee.it that are wrong after the change to winter time?

rco133

Edited by rco133
23 minutes ago, rco133 said:

Hi.

I have a question regarding summer/wintertime.

I am using data from Honeybee.it whic gives me a xmltv file with times as +0000 as timezone.

In XEPG I have a mark set at "Use UTC and PC Local Timezone" and "Adjust Time Zone by minutes set to 0.

When it was summertime here, CEST (Copenhagen), the times for programmes were just fine.

Now, after the change to wintertime, CET (Copenhagen), the times for programmes are now 1 hour too early. Program that starts at 2000 shows to start at 1900.

But shouldn't XEPG be able to figure this out by itself by using "UTC and PC Local Timezone"?

Am using XEPG 0.7.3.2 and newest DMS and DVBViewer.

Or is it the data from Honeybee.it that are wrong after the change to winter time?

rco133

Looks like this is only the case for TV2 DK channels. Other channels seems to be correct, and TV2 DK channels are also correct from monday.

1 hour ago, rco133 said:

This means that the times are UTC. In general Xepg subtracts the the timezone (aka. timeoffset) from the time in order to obtain the UTC time, then asks windows to convert that time to your pc local time. This is done for each <programme> node in the file. This way times should allways be correct even if a shift in summertime/wintertime happens in the middle of a file.

Your local times will also be correct when downloading xmltv from another timezone.

1 hour ago, rco133 said:

Don't do that.

1 hour ago, rco133 said:

Yes, and I am sure it does. I will claim the error is at honeybee. You can download Xtimezone from my site if you want to document the error to honeybee.

Edited by Delphi

I am using EPGBuddy with two EPG sources and it generates 2 XML files. What is the best way to process this 2 files with XEPG?

I have task 1 with file1 and EPGBuddy as programm. Task 2 with only file2 and no program does not work. If i use a vbs file with

Set WinScriptHost = CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
Set WinScriptHost = Nothing

then it works.

I need some more information (i am not so familiar with EPG Buddy):

6 hours ago, x112 said:

I am using EPGBuddy with two EPG sources and it generates 2 XML files

Is it one run of the EPG Buddy that produces both files?

If the joblist in Xepg main window looks like (I assume EPGBuddy.exe is the grabber executable):

file1.xml EPGBuddy.exe

file2.xml <empty>

Then it should work in that case, assuming Xepg is run with parameter -xGrabThenImport.

Yes, one run of EPGBuddy produces both xml files. Now i have got it. If using "file2.xml <empty>" as Job 2 and "Run Grabbers", then it says "1 Item processed". But this is correct, because it is really only one Grabber.

If i use "Xepg.exe -xGrabThenImport" on the commandline it looks like it is doing nothing. But it run about 90s in the background. A better way is to use

start "" /wait "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xepg\Xepg.exe" -xGrabThenImport

This waits until all is done.

Now i can look why some timers have strange symbols at the end:

Charmed (Staffel 2, Folge 17) Rettungskommando *

or

Henry Danger (Staffel 5, Folge 15) Verfluchter Staubsauger #u200b

I use this Format File.

MyFormat.xml

Ok. The #u200b is in the xml file:

<sub-title>Verfluchter Staubsauger #u200b</sub-title>

But the * is not in the xml file and not in the channel EPG, only in the timer name.

2 hours ago, x112 said:

If i use "Xepg.exe -xGrabThenImport" on the commandline it looks like it is doing nothing. But it run about 90s in the background.

I think Xepg does everything it should ;). Inpect the log file. When launched with parameters Xepg is designed to not display any windows nor dialogs and when the job is finished Xepg closes (no need for any wait commands). If you are using DMS the easiest way is to read

Xepg as an External Task Timer of the DVBViewer Media Server

as described in Automate -> Help.

Edited by Delphi
  • 1 month later...

Canal Digital have made some changes in their channel frequencies

I have made the changes manually, and alle channel works fine in Media Server and DVBViewer

But there is some errors in the EPG.

I atached picture you see two entries that are wrong, they don’t belong to TV2 (Denmark), but to TV3+

I have tried the following:

In xepg: Unpaired all channels and autopaired them again. Imported it into DVBViever

No luck

TV2.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

EpgPair.exe 0.1.0.0 is available

With the release of DVBViewer 7.0.2 and DMS 3.0.2 the file EPGPairingList.txt is loaded at startup if it exists. See changelogs for DVBViewer/DMS for details.

The purpose is to move native (DVB) epg between channels. Typically this can  be useful for supplying TS Stream (IPTV) channels with epg. However, it can be used for any tunertype (e.g. a HD and SD version of a channel).  

The file can be created with a text editor. The purpose of EpgPair.exe is to create the file visually from the channel list.

I wanted to implement an Auto pair functionality similar to the one in Xepg. Since a huge channel list would give too many hits EpgPair.exe uses 2 steps in order to simplify things.

The help file is a MUST read: You can read it directly at my site.

To install: Unzip the download to any folder and run EpgPair.exe.

• 3 weeks later...

Xepg version 0.7.4.3 is available

Fixed a minor bug and splitted the help file to Automate into 2 files, see changelog.

NOTE: To keep your installation of Xepg clean, first uninstall your old version of Xepg before you install the new one.

EPG-Buddy:

With the latest version of EPG-Buddy (0.7.1.4) Xepg is now called with parameter -xGrabThenImport. This means  that EPG-Buddy can work together with other grabbers/links. Just add to Xepg and they will automaticallyb be executed. See Xepg > Automate > Help (How To).

Hello Delphi,

i want to ask if you can make it possible to  save also a modified xml file. With this xml file i can use this for zatoo or 1und1 provider streams that DVBViewer can not handle but can be import into Kodi.

Thanks

3 hours ago, TeHaX said:

i want to ask if you can make it possible to  save also a modified xml file

Modified in which way?

You need to be much more specific.

Do you mean, that it should be an xmltv file? 

Internally Xepg converts the xmltv file to another xml (not xmltv) file that the DMS/DVBViewer understand.

Can Kodi import xmltv files by itself?

If yes, why not just do so?

Should it be saved to disk instead of being imported into DVBViewer/DMS? That would not fit well into the ecco system of Xepg. Xepg > Options > General > "Import XMLTV into" should then have 3 possibilities with "File" as the third one.

This is a global setting and should then be a per file setting which would require a lot of changes and clutter up the UI of Xepg.