2 hours ago, ratus said:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><version iver="50397697" ires="7">DVBViewer Media Server 3.1.2.1 Basic (ASUS-N53SV)</version>

You need to use the DVBViewer Media Server Pro

thanks for your answer Delphi

I can import the EPG well in DVBViewer, however I used to import correctly my epg in DMS standard with xepg too but now after updating DVBViewer and DMS I can't succeed in it

Is there something special to do to make Xepg import in DMS too ?

thanks

Edited by ratus

@ratusFrom DVBViewer menu: Help -> Order/unlock AddOns, then via KeyTool you can order the DVBViewer Media Server. Paid version is the full version (not called "Pro" but "Full"). After purchase shortly a new section appears in member area "Paid Addon" where you find it.

28 minutes ago, ratus said:

there's no pro version in downloads

A Media Server Pro version doesn't exist. There is a restricted Basic version, which is free for purchasers of DVBViewer Pro (that's the one you are currently using), and a Full version, that requires an additional licence for 19,- €. Please read more about it here. For ordering you can use the “Help -> Order/Unlock Add-Ons" menu item in DVBViewer. It appears in the Members (Download) Area in the "Paid Additions" section.

Ok thanks a lot for your replies

However I remember I could import EPG in DVBViewer Media Server Basic after using Xepg but now it's not working anymore with the last versions

Is it always possible to import EPG in DMS Basic or do I have to buy the Pro version ?

Thanks

Don't know how it's about DMS Basic. Perhaps you used old Recording Service Beta (RS) before, which is no longer available or supported (fixes for later Win10 build didn't get in it). RS did not have the restrictions of free DMS Basic.

4 hours ago, ratus said:

I could import EPG in DVBViewer Media Server Basic after using Xepg but now it's not working anymore with the last versions

I don't think so. Maybe you actually by mistake imported in DVBViewer? See Xepg > Options > General > Import XMLTV epg Into.

4 hours ago, ratus said:

do I have to buy the Pro version ?

Yes, but as stated it is called the full version. Sorry for the confusion about that.:blush:

• 2 months later...

I had some problems with my Honeybee account, but it should be solved now.

Two days ago i made a Testimport, and it worked, but it only imported EPG for two days. Today i tried again, but now it dosent work at all, and i cant figure out what is wrong. Can you, Delphi, figure out what is wrong?
Thanks in advance

Edited by McenterFreak

Check your PM

I somehow missed the  upper post but only read the PM. Here is my answer based on the log file:

Honeybee now offers https downloads of xmltv files. You need to use the latest version of Xepg to support this, see Xepg changelog.

Alternatively changing https to http in the link delivered by honeybee seems to work as well with your current version of Xepg.

Edited by Delphi
  • 9 months later...

A request here has been met. A test version of Xepg can be downloaded here (xepg0745.zip):

http://www.a123.dk/test/

The zip file only contains Xepg.exe. Replace that manually in your current installation of Xepg.

SEepisode.jpg.56627c2ea52c0c1e7d4840e83cb13fc2.jpg

The upper settings will give the desired output. Note, that "Delimiter (Season/Episode/Part)" must be empty.

Edited by Delphi
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

@Delphi

Is it possible to specify username and password for communication with DMS as parameter for Xepg.exe on command line?

And where is stored username and password for communication with DMS?

On 3/17/2023 at 5:49 PM, jirim100 said:

Is it possible to specify username and password for communication with DMS as parameter for Xepg.exe on command line?

No. Why do you want that?

For safety reasons the password is stored encrypted in the file Config.enc. Ofcourse Xepg knows how to decrypt when needed.

The username is stored as plain text in file Config.ini.

16 hours ago, Delphi said:

Why do you want that?

I have more applications which communicate with DMS and I want to have username/password in one place and then call Xepg in batch file where username/password firstly will be readed from this place. When I change username or password I have to change all these places where are used now.

The recommended way to use Xepg is:

Install Xepg on the pc where DMS exists and only here.

Launch Xepg and do your settings, which includes

Options > General > Import XMLTV Into > DVBViewer Media Server 

Options > DVBViewer Media Server > Username and password

Xepg then knows them. No need to transfer them as parameters.

1 hour ago, jirim100 said:

When I change username or password I have to change all these places where are used now

No. Just launch Xepg on the DMS pc and change.

It is generally not recommended to call Xepg from a batch file. Much better is to add Xepg as  an External  Task Timer to DMS, see

Xepg > Automate > Help (How To)

Everything is the centralized to the DMS pc. 

Clients on other pcs  should then read the epg using DMS api.

DVBViewer and KODI as clients do that automatically.

No, you don't understand me. I don't use KODI or similar clients. "I have more applications" - these applications developed I. They are helping me to manage DMS. I did many diferent things throught DMS api (change EPG, read EPG at concrete time, change recording timers, reading status of tuners...). All is done on my PC, no externally. 

And I cannot call Xepg alone for importing EPG because I specially customize EPG by my own application before importing by Xepg (this customization can't be done by Xepg).

5 hours ago, jirim100 said:

because I specially customize EPG by my own application before importing by Xepg

The only way you can do this is by editing the xmltv file (say MyEpg.xml) before you import that file using Xepg.

You can download the file in a batch file (e.g. wget if a link or run your grabber).

1 hour ago, Delphi said:

The only way you can do this is by editing the xmltv file (say MyEpg.xml) before you import that file using Xepg.

And conclusion from this? Yes, I customize xmltv file by my application before I import it by Xepg (I have to do special things in it).

1 hour ago, jirim100 said:

And conclusion from this?

You have to key in the dms Username and/or Password in Xepg again if they are changed.

You could import the epg yourself using dms api.

• 2 months later...

Hi.

My current EPG source that delivers in XML format, seems to be shutting down.

I have opened a trial account at "https://www.schedulesdirect.org/", but it seems like they don't support other than JSON format for Europe.

It says the following:

SD-JSON is a modern JSON based service providing many advantages over the legacy service. One of those advantages is support for additional countries.

I can't find anything in XEPG that mentions JSON.

Have anyone tried to use Schedules Direct to get EPG data into DVBViewer?

Thanks in advance.

rco133

6 minutes ago, Delphi said:

No, Xepg does not support JSON. You could try

http://webgrabplus.com/

https://www.honeybee.it

Maybe someone here can help you here if you tell which country you need xmltv for,

I am currently using honeybee.it, but it seems to be closing down. It has terminated all user accounts as per december 1st, and currently the webpage is down, and when downloading data, all EPG indo stops tomorrow (15/6). So, guess it is dead.

Guess I can't use Direct Schedule then. Too bad. Seems like they have two weeks of data for a lot of countries. But xml format only for USA and Canada.

rco133

43 minutes ago, Delphi said:

So was I!  I will go for webgrabplus.

Ok. I have tried to install EPG Buddy, and will see how that works out. Using Rytech as source. EPG data look much worse than honeybee did.

Webgrabplus is also "just" a grabber, and relies on xmltv? Or where does it get its data from?

I don't mind paying for a good EPG source like honeybee.it

Joakim (honeybee) suggested that Schedules Direct service, but guess he wasn't aware that it is JSON only for Europe.

rco133

1 hour ago, rco133 said:

Webgrabplus is also "just" a grabber, and relies on xmltv?

Xepg needs xmltv, and that's what webgrabplus and EPGBuddy produces.

Hi.

I have tried EPGBuddy, and it works, but I am not quite happy with the data.

For example for Formula 1, it doesn't show if it is practice 1, 2 or 3, which is very nice info to have.

I have now installed Webgrap++, and become a supporter by sending a "donation". I think it is needed for some functions. And it is only 5 Euro for a year, so not very expensive. But the info about what it can do without a donation seems to be hard to find. So, I just went ahead and donated.

It is quite a bit harder to set up than EPGBuddy I think.

For Denmark there is 5 different "sites" to obtain data from.

I still haven't figured out if it is possible to get the same channel from more than one site, and the program will then merge them.

Also not sure which of the 5 "sites" are the best.

If anyone have tried the different ones, and have some input as to which one is best, or maybe using all 5, please let me know.

So far I have only tried tvtid.tv2.dk site.

So sad that honeybee.it have shut down. It just worked.

rco133

18 hours ago, rco133 said:

Also not sure which of the 5 "sites" are the best.

The tv.yousee.dk.E.ini is the newest, so I will try that first.

I have paid a donation to webggrabplus and expect to get a decryption key.

Seems that it is needed in the file WebGrab++.config.xml:

Spoiler

<!--<decryptkey site="site-name">decrypt_userkey</decryptkey>-->
  <!--<license wg-username="your webgrab+plus username" registered-email="your registered email address" password="your license password" />-->

Edited by Delphi
4 hours ago, Delphi said:

The tv.yousee.dk.E.ini is the newest, so I will try that first.

I have paid a donation to webggrabplus and expect to get a decryption key.

Seems that it is needed in the file WebGrab++.config.xml:

Hide contents

<!--<decryptkey site="site-name">decrypt_userkey</decryptkey>-->
  <!--<license wg-username="your webgrab+plus username" registered-email="your registered email address" password="your license password" />-->

Once you have received your donation badge, all you have to do is change the line

<!--<license wg-username="your webgrab+plus username" registered-email="your registered email address" password="your license password" />

The license password you can find on your user page.

After that I deleted my temp key in the folder "License" and ran the program again. It then created a new License file, and the encrypted site.ini files could be used.

When I tried tv.yousee.dk.E the log shows a lot of lines with "Not allowed to grap EPG", but it seems to have done it anyway.

I might go for tv2tid.tv2.dk. It is also an encrupted site.ini file, but it decrypts fine after doing the above changes.

rco133

I now got the license and shortly tried all possibilities:

allente.dk: works.

tv.yousee.dk: works, but had troubles if the title contains episodes on the form (3:7). the title was then split at the : and the rest put into the subtitle.

tvguide.dk: didn't work.

tvtid.tv2.dk: works.

viasat.dk: didn't work.

For all the working ones Season/Episode is on the form

<episode-num system="onscreen">S2 E6</episode-num>

For Xepg it better (more flexible) to have it as

<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">1.5.</episode-num>

if you want to "one click" record series. I will post a request in the WebGrabPlus forum for that.

Part of my WebGrab++.Config.xml

Spoiler
  <filename>C:\ProgramData\Xepg\tvtidguide.xml</filename>
  <mode>n</mode>
    <channel update="i" site="tvtid.tv2.dk" site_id="1" xmltv_id="DR1.tvtid">DR1</channel>
    <channel update="i" site="tvtid.tv2.dk" site_id="3" xmltv_id="TV 2 DANMARK.tvtid">TV 2 DANMARK</channel>
    <channel update="i" site="tvtid.tv2.dk" site_id="5" xmltv_id="TV3.tvtid">TV3</channel>
    <channel update="i" site="tvtid.tv2.dk" site_id="2" xmltv_id="DR2.tvtid">DR2</channel>

Note that I have added .tvtid to the xmltv_id. That's good practice.

How to automate

The location of WebGrab+Plus.exe has changes since the last time I used it to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\WebGrab+Plus\bin\WebGrab+Plus.exe

on a 64 bit windows.

If you want to automate the process you should not call that directly as a grabber from Xepg but instead use  use the scripts wgNoConsole64.vbs

The line in that script:

xmltvExe = Chr(34) & "C:\Program Files (x86)\ServerCare\WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1\WebGrab+Plus.exe" & Chr(34)

should now be replaced by

xmltvExe = Chr(34) & "C:\Program Files (x86)\WebGrab+Plus\bin\WebGrab+Plus.exe" & Chr(34)

I have attached the new scripts wgNoConsole.zip it also contains wgNoConsole32.vbs for a 32 bit windows.

In Xepg do:

wgp.jpg.1bdedaab9f0c6fe9eccd28adc1c7c8e7.jpg

If using DMS then add Xepg as an external task timer. See Xepg > Automate > Help (How To).

Edited by Delphi
  • 3 months later...

Xepg version 0.7.5.0 is available.

I have had a look at the WebGrabPlus grabber. It can grab EPG from many contries all over the world. Focus has been on getting as many Season and Episode numbers as possible in order to support series recordings. I am very satisfied with the Danish grabbers:

Series.jpg.ffffa1598e620d8826698b2fb5baba4e.jpg

New links at a123.dk: Using WebGrabPlus and Automate.
I have constructed a new Episode (xmltv_ns+onscreen) in the EPG Format Editor. This is now the preferred one to use since both types are processed transparently. You don't have to worry about which type you have in your xmltv file. Define your output in Episode (xmltv_ns).

Use Default2023.xml as EPG Format file in the XMLTV Job Editor.

Channel Pairing reworked: Detecting all types of orphants and easy ways to resolve. See new screenshots at a123.dk

Details in changelog. Most help files reworked.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Delphi, Pls I am new to this, I have installed the latest DMS and Xepg

although I have run xepg manually , so far it run well and generated all the epg. Both DVBViewer clients and Kodi clients were able to extract the epg

Now I want to auto progress epg without human intervention, my questions are is how to run Xegp overnight to process the epg.

I am entirely sure how to run the process through Task Scheduler.

First do I need to create a bat file then place, this command line "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xepg\Xepg.exe" -xGrabThenImport.

with no @echo off at the start?

Then have the task scheduler to run it at desire time schedule

Thanks

Hi any future plan to include feature that allows Xepg to read GZ and unzip as the gz limit the ability of XEpg to automate.

I have similar situation as depicted in this picture where the provider of my IPTV supplied EPG XML however, its zipped in file zg format, so before I can utilize I have to unzip it, the grabber process commenced.

image.jpeg.28695e69ce033ea48edcb5c5f470630b.jpeg

On 10/22/2023 at 7:51 AM, Delphi said:

It is better to create the task using the DMS:

Click link Automate at my site or

Xepg >  Automate > Help (web)

OK done with the settings in DMS and Web timer external

Thanks

12 hours ago, e123enitan said:

Hi any future plan to include feature that allows Xepg to read GZ and unzip as the gz limit the ability of XEpg to automate.

Yes, but that may take some time. For now you you have to create a .bat file that downloads the file (e.g. wget) then unpacks it (e.g. 7-zip). 7-zip has a command line possibility.

Your grabber should then be the .bat file and the filename sould be the unpacked xmltv file (.xml).

Remember to check "Hide Grabber" in the XMLTV Job Editor.

Edited by Delphi
8 hours ago, Delphi said:

Yes, but that may take some time. For now you you have to create a .bat file that downloads the file (e.g. wget) then unpacks it (e.g. 7-zip). 7-zip has a command line possibility.

Your grabber should then be the .bat file and the filename sould be the unpacked xmltv file (.xml).

Remember to check "Hide Grabber" in the XMLTV Job Editor.

That would be great! if you can add such codes into the download process as it will save a lot efforts for the users

For the bat file I created a simple codes as such, all the knowledge are derived from hours of research on the net, I am not a code person, I just followed simple approaches and works but if you can include the zip option, it cut down all the step

Here is what I wrote it could be done better, I dont know otherwise

I went one step further to call the batch from Task scheduler but it wont work uless I run the batch manually.

echo off
::Title to download epg file from website
Powershell -command "invoke-webrequest https://tvnow.best/api/epg/username@hotmail.com/password/full.xml.gz -outfile utc.xml.gz"
::Title to unzip epg utc.xml.gz file
7z.exe e "C:\Users\URock\Desktop\DVBViewe 7x and Server 3x\Batch Script samples\utc.xml.gz"
::Title to move zip file from one location to another location
move "C:\Users\URock\Desktop\DVBViewe 7x and Server 3x\Batch Script samples\utc.xml" "C:\ProgramData\Xepg"
exit

2 hours ago, e123enitan said:

I went one step further to call the batch from Task scheduler but it wont work uless I run the batch manually

Did you try to run it from Xepg?

I am not so familiar with powershell.

Click Add, then

0.jpg.69d764bba5ddafb15a5dfcec36b7e7a8.jpg

I assume your powerscript is Mygrabber.ps1. Click OK, then Run Grabbers. Does that work?

P.S. From your screenshot it looks like a very old Xepg. I recommend to upgrade to the newest 0.7.5.0.

Edited by Delphi
4 hours ago, Delphi said:

Did you try to run it from Xepg?

I am not so familiar with powershell.

Click Add, then

0.jpg.69d764bba5ddafb15a5dfcec36b7e7a8.jpg

I assume your powerscript is Mygrabber.ps1. Click OK, then Run Grabbers. Does that work?

P.S. From your screenshot it looks like a very old Xepg. I recommend to upgrade to the newest 0.7.5.0.

I have upgraded to the lasted 7.5, also the approach of .ps1 did not work,

image.png.5475168f9cbf4a6bc476ff8e595f037d.png

After I clicked on grabber I got an error message,

I shall continue to run my manual process once a night as the process run takes less than 3 mins to complete, this will replace the current utc.xml, ready for the automation by Xepg at midnight.

Hopefully, in the future you have solution to extract download file with gz.

Thanks for your supports most appreciated

On 10/29/2023 at 12:10 AM, e123enitan said:

My XEPG has stopped working for no obvious reasons, the web scheduler did not kicked in at the set time, also I did a manual process neither yield positive result.

Below is the summary of the log report, let me know if you additional info let me know.

Thanks

ERROR TYPE: DVBViewer Media Server http GET

2023-10-30 00:12:03.415 EXCEPTION MESSAGE---XepgException:Get Error: 401 failed. GetLastError = 0
2023-10-30 00:12:03.417 OSD ErrorMessage: Import EPG Error
2023-10-30 00:12:03.417 OSD ErrorMessage: Inspect LOG file
2023-10-30 00:12:03.417 ERROR: DVBViewer Media Server http GET
2023-10-30 00:12:03.417 PostMessage(Handle, EXIT_MESSAGE, 1, 0)
2023-10-30 00:12:03.417 ExecuteEndAction called
2023-10-30 00:12:03.417 ERROR: DVBViewer Media Server http GET

I once had a user with a similar problem. He used Greak and other language characters in his password. Try to use ascii characters only. Xepg is a unicode program, the DMS is not. Such characters migh be interpreted differently.

Also try Xepg > Options DVBViewer Media Server > Test connection.