4:2:2 Signals. No video image only audio

johnyboy88888

>..but when I used the Skystar card and DVBViewer to scan the frequency the PAT came up yellow and the rest red. No channel was added.

again.. there should be a simple explanation :)

transponder frequencies in the list are much too close together to allow different services simultaneously. So if no service comes up though the colours turn green (in my case), the service is already in the list.

I'm now totally sorted........Except I need to get my polar motor fitted. Otherwise all OK and works well. Interestingly the Skystar card seems to need a stronger signal than the Dreambox, otherwise it misses the signal altogether during its scan. Is there any way I can lower the limit ? Certainly the Transedit route is the best and fastest for finding a signal, so thanks for that Griga........

>Is there any way I can lower the limit ? Certainly the Transedit route is the best and fastest for finding a signal..

play with the timout parameters in transedit. If you give the card more time to lock, you´ll find more services.

Thanks Derrick......What I was more concerned about though was that at 2pm yesterday the signal wasn't watchable via the DVBViewer whereas it was on the Dreambox. Now my first thought was that for some reason the DVBViewer required a stronger signal for it to be recognised however I think I may have found the problem elsewhere in my system. And its an odd one. Ever since I've had my system (XP Pro SP1, 2.8 MHz P4, 1 GB RAM) it produced an odd problem each day. At least once a day it loses all my passwords for things like Outlook Express mail and other passwords for logging on etc. This is rectified by rebooting which is a pain but I lived with it. It would seem that the loss of signal was more a fact that the DVBViewer (and Transedit) stopped functioning at the same time that my system produced the problem and I was initially unaware of it. A reboot got it all back again. Obviously I should be able to rectify the situation by re-installing XP and upgrading to SP2 but I've been stalling on this because I know SP2 has a few issues, or at least did have. However, what is more intriguing is what could the problem be ? Generally the PC still functions correctly and is quite useable but it loses passwords, EXcel and Word stop working and now DVBViewer and Transedit don't work. Funny that. Any ideas would be welcome :bye:

loses all my passwords
For lost passwords you can make it visible with Password Lens. You only have to drag the lens to the stars and you will see your passwords.

For admin password resets you can use ERD Commander. There is a Emergency Download version which work 5 days.

For lost Excel keys i recommend "Excelkey"

This should enough at the beginning.

Thanks Kalusing.........I have all my passwords, so this is never a problem but thanks for the ideas. What intrigued me was why, at least once every 24 hours, these parts of XP stopped working, and why DVBViewer and Transedit should stop working. Its obviously all connected to something in my OS system that stops functioning correctly and I wondered if anyone had come across anything similar.

Another question for you bright guys. When decoding 4:2:2 signals what would you estimate the processing time on my system ? Would that be the same if I used a SkyStar USB breakout box, or would it be longer ? Fractions of a second can matter :bye:

I know this stop every 24 hours from an task problem of a verry early beta of WinXP.

Or have you set a sheduled task? Some virusscanner stops parts of the system if they want to scan it. Norton i famous for such things. It create during the installation such a task. It helps if you set bouth hooks for empty time on the third tab. (maybe it have an other name i own only the german version)

Thats my only ideas of this problem.

processing time from the USB-Box could be a little bit longer because your CPU must additionally handle the USB-Part.

Good point Klausing.......I'll take a look at my virus scanner......I think however I may have a very early version of XP so I'll get it updated.......Any ideas on the processing time of Skystar for 422 ?

Thanks Derrick.....I've been told that it can take a while for the MPEG decoder used with DVBViewer (Elecard) to process the 422 signals and therefore it introduces a 1 or 2 second delay in the picture. I dont know if this is true or not. I take it you're saying that if I use a Technisat Skystar 2 USB box that the 422 signals I pick up (which are successfully processed by my system now using the Skystar PCI card) won't be handled by the USB connection.......

..forget about usb1. I think you're mistaken about the delay. It doesn't matter whether it's 420 or 422. The only difference is that most codecs can't decode 422. Maybe somebody who is watching 422 via scsi and dvb2000 told you this story. With this method you have to start the hd-recording first before you can click on play :bye:

Thanks Derrick.....I was just about to buy the box but I suppose until they upgrade to USB2 it won't be any good. Or will it not be any good then too ? I did think that the processing story was a bit far fetched and I think you may be right in saying they're decoding via the recorder rather than direct. I'll ignore it then !! Thanks again for all your help.......I really appreciate it and I'm glad to say that its all down to this forum that I have a good working system now which will be even better once I get my new polar motor installed.........

De-activating and re-activating the SS2 in the Windows device manager resets the card. Since it sometimes tends to get into a "funny" state (e.g. due to a bad signal), this is the first thing I try if things won't go.

One other quick question. Is there an easy way I can tell, using either Transedit or DVBViewer, if the signal is 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 ?