Future prospects for 2005

Guest hackbart

Guest hackbart

Hi,

i wish you a happy new years eve and maybe it's time to present what will be the next inside the DVBViewer.

The first image is a small part of the current htpc home osd. Right now the OSD is divided into 2 parts. One DVB part with all DVB related options, the second one is completely for the HTPC OSD. There you can slideshow your images, select audio files, cd's, or simply manage your Movie database.

skins.jpg

Since you will have a lot of new functions, we also added new options into the options dialogue. Anyhow don't panic about managing the functions - our idea is to simplify it as much as possible ;)

options.png

The last image i publish (this year) is the htpc timeline display. I know a couple of HTPC systems have such a similar thing - anyhow for a DVB Software i guess it's unique. The funny red dot's are representing the recordings i plan to have. If you receive 3Sat on Astra i strongly recommend it. They present concerts till tomorrow, from ------------- up to Mark Knopfler :blink: . It's FTA and completely without any commercial breaks!!

timeline.jpg

By the way the whole OSD system can be completely skinned, so you be able to change the whole look and feel. If you are a talented artist, resp if you know someone who is talented. It would be nice to have more than one neat looking skin..

Finally i wish you a good and peaceful silvester and all the best for the new year.

From

Christian (resp. i guess i dont post something wrong) and the whole forum team... (w00t)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hackbart

• spAik

• admi-ral

• TNT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, these shots look great. I only hope SS2 will be compatible with WMC very soon! (w00t) (Even though I don't plan to buy it soon)

And, anyway, they look much nicer than the newOsd I now have! :blink:

Guest hackbart

The system is right now now that stable, but there are not that much new features to come into the OSD. RSS Feeds are missing, as well as a system info window. Finally the skin is just a mixture between some xbox mediacenter and vdr themes. We try our best to create a slim nice looking one.

Christian

Guest hackbart

so whats new today ;)

First of all i would like to introduce a new HTPC section, called RSS Feeds.

rss.jpg

This is not a new invention by us, but a really popular system in order to spread news through the internet.

Another thing which was rebuild today, is the dvb server. I realized that a couple of companys are selling a similar thing for a lot of money. Well the DVBViewer will offer this without any additional costs. Multicast and Unicast transmissions can now be broadcasted in the home network and you be able to control which computer is able to receive and which one not :wacko:

server.png

Christian

I read of so much new implemented Features in DVBViewer. Hopefully the new version will be released soon. I can't expect to use all the new features...

• 3 weeks later...

Wow that looks great, i hope it would better than scenceo, i didn't like it.

Ein TV Fullscreen OSD würde mir reichen wenn man es in der MCE Version von XP einbinden kann, an MCE kommt IMHO bisher niemand ran.

Guest hackbart

depends on what you want, if you need a fast osd system which handles dvb subtitles, teletext in combination with a htpc system (files, pictures, audio archives). Then yes it is definitively such a thing. Right now Lars and I are working on finalizing several things and i really look forward to publish a 2.5 (no beta) on mid of februar. The mhp carousell dump plugin will probably come in the next days, but don't think it plays mhp content. This won't be solved, and once you tested it by using an mhp system you might realize why :bounce:

Christian

PS: MCE :bounce: Well we will see....

well the old forum was hacked yesterday two times by some erm say person. He used a leak on the old board and so i was forced to buy and install the new invision forum software. Neverheless be for sure we collected yesterday a lot of stuff.

Christian

PS: I suppose the release of the 2.5 will be in the mid of february, so count the days :bounce:

well the old forum was hacked yesterday two times by some erm say person. He used a leak on the old board and so i was forced to buy and install the new invision forum software. Neverheless be for sure we collected yesterday a lot of stuff.

hope you got some forensic data to catch that fu**ing kid.

Christian

PS: I suppose the release of the 2.5 will be in the mid of february, so count the days  :radscorpion:

Yeah, that sounds really good.

NameIt

Edited by NameIt

@spaik: if you think only GE is able to record more than one channel in the same time, be sure this will also work in the bigger 2.5 release.

Christian

PS: I've uploaded the MHP Carousel Dumper Plugin, feel free to test :radscorpion:

yes, this one will be some sort of "slim fast" DVBViewer. Without the new OSD System and a lot of other stuff. Anyhow especially for those windows users without ambition to have a multimedia solution which is comparable to those XP MCE clones :radscorpion:

Believe me the step between 2.2 and 2.5 is more gigantic in comparison from 0.8 (http://www.stud.tu-ilmenau.de/~hackbart/) to 2.0. !!

Christian

PS: Try to check out the mhp stuff. Incredible how much data is send by several Broadcasters (e.g. ZDF or WDR)

@hackbart: your final would be much better of course

@spAik: :radscorpion:

Got into a kind of catch-22, right? Now think of something really good to tell me :)

Seems we get a little competition here... which doesn't prevent cooperation, of course. There is much communication going on between Christian and me, about how to do this and that.

Anyway - the experimental DVBViewer GE will be released this weekend. First a German version, since I need a bit more time to translate the instructions to English. And I do not recommend to use it without instructions. There will be no installer, and some things are quite different...

Guest Lars_MQ

:radscorpion:

I don't know how to say this, somehow I think the new Version should be a 3.0 .

With the new recording engine it will be reeeeaaaally nice. I saw the first internal beta today. If everything works out as christian planned, you can record two (or more) channels and watch a another (limitation all channels on the same transponder) or you can watch a video or play MP3 or DVD or watch the recording in a form of timeshift. It's incredible.

Oh yeah of course the new OSD isn't so bad also :)

With the new recording engine it will be reeeeaaaally nice.

If Christian gets it working flawlessly within a few days (especially with all the different aspects of the DVBViewer), he's really a mastermind - it took me several weeks in a simplified DVBViewer GE version, with the assistance of four beta testers. :)

However, he has the DVBViewer GE code as a base, and I hope it will be helpful. Good luck! :radscorpion:

to ask a small question about 2.5/3.0 :radscorpion: : will there be support for mp3-images/folder-images for albums? would be a very very nice eyecatcher :) :)

Edited by admi-ral
Guest Lars_MQ
If Christian gets it working flawlessly within a few days (especially with all the different aspects of the DVBViewer), he's really a mastermind

Well one mastermind allready worked on it and laid the grounding for this nice feature :radscorpion:

will there be support for mp3-images/folder-images for albums?

Yes, but ATM it's very basic. That's one area which need a little tweaking and rework :)

Can anyone explain how to view the catched mhp-data in openmhp? just downloaded openmhp and all needed files. when starting it only shows the application manager. do I have to copy the folders (ie. "Das Erste") somewhere in the openmhp-directory?

after 2.5:

[scheduled for future release]

* Support of other brands of DVB cards.

hi there,

out in the web and on other boards, i read not very good stuff (without any knowledge about it!) about ss2/DVBViewer although everyone here knows it's different. thats why i think the support of other brands should be one of the main points for future developements;). could be testet first with exp. versions like GE... staying only on ss2/cs2/as2 will imho be a selling-handicap :)

the most HTPC-solutions added+add support for different tv/dvb-cards, and some of them already support ss2; buying ss2 and testing TE may lead some people to look for other solutions than DVBViewer pro!? :radscorpion:

ok, first step is 2.5 :) everything else my come later :)

For me, just a support for a single card with Common Interface would be great.

I don't know how difficult it is to make support for other cards but I think it initially should be focused on making DVBViewer run trouble free with that/those common interface cards rather than making support for every card on the market.

I know that there are a lot of FTA channels in Germany but for many of us who are elsewhere in Europe common interface is pretty important.

Edited by boborg
I think it initially should be focused on making DVBViewer run trouble free with that/those cards rather than making support for every card on the market.
yeah but the ss2 won't become younger, nevertheless, we are not the ones to decide :)