Future prospects for 2005

Guest hackbart

hmm, well depends on.

I'd set the priority to other features instead of adding new cards, but say never never. At the current state only one single class is required to replaced for other cards (similar to the network or file dvb "device").

By the way guess what we added today..... Correct, i'm proud to announce that the next release will definitively have the ability to record more than one program in the same time. They have to be on the same transponder, but thats all. The handling is simple and after we got the subtitle recorder working (a bit trickey, since i want offer recording of subtitles even from a non active channel) i do some small betatest with the internals and after this Version 3.0 will be released.

Christian

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hackbart

• spAik

• admi-ral

• TNT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed, well i brought my internal roadmap a bit in disorder. The reason was that the internal version was working fine and i thought: "Hmmm lets try to add the multiple recorder thing!" Once started, and with the huge help of Lars, it now works fine ;)

All other to do checkmarks are checked up, so i think it's the best to let the new version become 3.0 status. If you tested the splendit GE and saw the last screenshots, you might suggest what you will have to expect :).

I honestly rubber my eyes each day, because i'm unable to find bigger bugs inside - which is quite strange.

Christian

I honestly rubber my eyes each day, because i'm unable to find bigger bugs inside

Be sure the users will find them. They will do all the things you never thought of :) , letting you rub your eyes even more.

Need a proof? Have a look at the GE thread in the German forum. It's always the same: The prog runs nice and smoothly as long as its mental father is present. But after having left home, it does all kind of monkey business.

Conclusion: Never give your software to the users ;)

amen, right now i test dvb subtitle and teletext subtitle recording on several channels in the same time. Hmm i hope to get it work till tomorrow..

Christian

By the way guess what we added today..... Correct, i'm proud to announce that the next release will definitively have the ability to record more than one program in the same time. They have to be on the same transponder, but thats all.

Christian

Nice work on the Multichannel viewing/recording , as u say they have to be on the same transponder, i was wondering if this applies to cable as well, as you would be lucky to get 2 FTA channels on the same cable transponder. Does cable work differently to sat.

I have tried pip with cable , and seems the only channel i can get even on the same transponder is the one im watching lol

Good luck with support of other cards as well, it would be nice to use DVBViewer with my Nexus-S as well :)

warlord

Guest Lars_MQ

Cable is the same like sat, I think. you only have one tuner on the card.

That's a big disadvantage, I'm not shure if there is even a card and/or program supporting 2 dvb-cards on windows...

But the multichannel recording is really nice. I played around with it a little bit. You can add manual recordings to it and edit them while they are recording (change endtime or what should happen after the recording finishes). They are shown like normal timers in the recording window/OSD.

You can define now for the timers the recording days (Mo-Su) and turn timers on/off (nice for series that don't run on hollydays) or stop easyly running recordings and and and :)

Cable is the same like sat, I think. you only have one tuner on the card.

That's a big disadvantage, I'm not shure if there is even a card and/or program supporting 2 dvb-cards on windows...

strange me tv picks up even some encrypted chans, and they not on the same transponder, i sure would like (if offered) to test something there :-)

i got 2 diff pc's with the cards in, one amd 2600+ and other amd64+3500, guess thats what your comment on 2 x dvb cards in same pc was ? but probs both in diff pc's

But the multichannel recording is really nice. I played around with it a little bit. You can add manual recordings to it and edit them while they are recording (change endtime or what should happen after the recording finishes). They are shown like normal timers in the recording window/OSD.

hell i want it hehe , na serious ..... is has to work different on cable/sky they are doing it on sky+ ? ( i dunno, probs tech reasone dvb card cant )

You can define now for the timers the recording days (Mo-Su) and turn timers on/off (nice for series that don't run on hollydays) or stop easyly running recordings and and and ;)

even better........... kids GO to bed....... its recoreded, and i wont forget, like hell............ oooooooooooooops forgot to turn pc on lol (DVBViewer runs 24/7 here :-) ) pc "almost"

i cant fault you m8 on a great prog, and i even "PAID" for it hehe

keep up the good work, maybe i can help u in beta (cable) who knows

warlord

ps not checked for spelling/grammr (its l8) :D

sorry all.......

i mentioend encyption in last comment.................

i PAY for ALL the channels i get...........

soz if i didnt make it clear b4

phew, took me 5 mins to realise i had posted something without explaining.......

and....... dam this is HARD typeing lol ( did i spell it all right)

war

Guest Lars_MQ

Because I'm such a bad person und am really enjoing teasing you, here a little teaser of the recording stuff :D

Everything yellow is actually recording, red marked means there is a collison (not the same transponder for overlapping recordings).

You can also see the new dayselector for repeating timers...

lars

post-5310-1107975057_thumb.jpg

Lars forgot to mention that once you started recording the channel selection gets constricted. So you will be unable to tune channels which are "outside" the tuner-frequency accidentially. This is really handy and i trapped myself 2x today to kill a record just by klicking around.

Christian

Guest Lars_MQ

Well yeah I was so excited about the recordings I allmost forgot that. If you tune with channel + / - you will be taken to the next available channel, if you try to tune a "forbidden" channel directly you will get a message that's not possible. Really handy :D

Hello !

Hey Guys do you know what the water in my mouth is doing ?

Its running like ...

WANNA HAVE maaaaaaan ! :D

O.K. the multi-Recording features is nice, but the feature mentioned above is

more important. (ChannelSwitchBlocking (at least for channels not on the TP).

That is really something.! ;)

ne das schaffen wir denk ich zeitlich nicht, weil:

1. noch der Skin ein paar eigener HTPC Bilder bedarf

2. die "Internen" noch diverse Bugs bzw. Features zu bemängeln haben :D

Ich hab gesagt am 15ten mach ich das Release fertig und dann könnt ihr es laden. Der Installer wird nen wenig größer werden, aber die 6mb überschreiten wir dennoch nicht.

Christian

Hi,

yes, there is a program that allows you to use multiple DVB cards in one computer under Windows XP.

I myself have three DVB-T cards in my lounge room computer - 1x TechniSat AirStar2 DVB-T and 2x TwinHan VisionPlus DVB-T. I use AirStar2 just for watching the HD programs, I do not record with it. The two VisionPlus cards are used for recording and because each has its own tuner I can record two programs simultaneously on two different frequencies (transponders).

The only catch is ... there must be BDA drivers for the card.

The programs that allows recording with multiple cards (even different brands) is WebScheduler. Here are the links to Australian forums where you can find out more about it:

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showforum=28

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showforum=24

Peter

Edited by gaspo100
Guest Lars_MQ

Well, it seems there will be BDA Drivers for the Skystar 2 and I think the DVBViewer will support also 2 cards (maybe more? I don't know).

It seems even though Version 3.0 isn't even published, a Version 3.5 (maybe?) is in view :D

For testing purposes, yes. Well the new release wont be able to support other brands of cards, but maybe in the future. Anyhow, who needs something else than a Skystar/Airstar/Cablestar :)

Christian

Anyhow, who needs something else than a Skystar/Airstar/Cablestar :)

Christian

Actually - that's something I wanted to ask: I am considering buying SkyStar2 and run it simultaneously with AirStar2 I have now. I understand so far it is not really possible to have both cards active under DVBV. Do I understand Lars's post correctly that it will be possible? And if so, when do you think this will happen?

Guest Lars_MQ

At the moment there is no really working way using this two cards at once, it's a limitation of the technisat drivers.

BUT there seems to be efforts from B2C2 the manufacturer of the heartpeace of the technisat cards to provide a BDA (a Homebrew from MS lacking as usually the important things the americans consider useless :) ) driver.

These Drivers at least allow two (or more?) cards working together. So with Christian having an experimental (!) implementation of BDA the chances are quite high, the der DVBViewer will support BDA and so serveral cards at once.

But don't order your 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th card now, first there have to be drivers then we will see ;)

lars

not at the moment, well it is correct that i played with bda drivers (concerning some other reasons). Well right now it is not possible to have more than one flexcop based card in the system, but such a driver is planned by bbti so just wait.

Christian

yes, by the way either later this evening or early tomorrow i will upload the Version 3.0.

Christian

PS: Right now i check the german, english translations and do some final tests

yep indeed o:) I will do some final polishing and i promise not to fall asleep before i upload it. I suppose the approximate download size will be ~5mb. Additional tools, like the new channel editor and the skin editor will be uploaded tomorrow.

Cheers

Christian

PS: If you are, resp. know some great paintshopper feel free to assemble one or more osd skins :radscorpion:

Guest Lars_MQ
Christian, you know, that you must not  drink and test/code  at the same time

Well the code doesn't get better with it but, well, hmm, let's say more interesting :radscorpion:

Believe me, I'm completly surprised what the new version all does allthough I helped on a part of it o:)

It's good to see I am not the only one logging into the Service Center every 15 minutes to check if IT is already there...

I have today marked red in my diary for quite some time already.

But unlike you, Christian, I have the freedom to play RTCW while waiting :radscorpion: