Future prospects for 2005

Guest hackbart

Guest Lars_MQ

Oh please don't get upset :radscorpion:

Christian has to fix some really small problems and with this done, you can all get the new version. But don't hurry him, better a little bit longer and it's workig correctly o:)

lars

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hackbart

• spAik

• admi-ral

• TNT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know, I got it, tried and :radscorpion: stops at "Initialize OSD Skin"... I managed to start it once (tried to install it for a second time after a very proper uninstall of the previous version) and o:) did not find the "Terrestrial EUR" root to scan for channels in the channellist.

Too late for me to play around, I'll try tomorrow, since I have some stuff to record tomorrow, I am getting back to 2.3 beta temporarily but later on will keep on trying!

Christian, don't worry, I am sure it will work and thanks a lot for the great work!

Bad news from me too.

v 3.0 does not run under Windows 2000 - 3x Runtime Error ... Crash ... bye bye.

Tested with 2 System (1x vmWare - no DVBViewer was installed there before).

On Windows 2003 i have the same problem - like TNT - Stop after "Initialize OSD Skin".

:radscorpion:o:)B)

Edited by CryptMan

Even it stops there, the program itself is running and all settings are accessible - I have uninstalled v3, reinstalled 2.3, tuned channels and after that reinstalled v3 with the "Channellist v3" option unchecked for installation, the (previously tuned) channels were accessible but with huge delay when switching and after a third or fourth change I got only colourful screen, looking like scrambled programme but on a free to air one. Besides when uninstalling, I am getting a message about an error with the DVBV Filter (Push source.ax).

Never mind, I am going to sleep, waiting for some news to come. And as mentioned before - no rush, guys! :radscorpion:

100% ACK (include sleeping :radscorpion:)

Same Problem here - but i have not tested to use the "old" Channel List with the new DVBViewer.

Let's wait and see what other user's say - good night.

Guest Lars_MQ

It's best to install it into a new directory and don't override an old installation. They can happily exists side by side.

Some of the old plugins can cause problems (audiovisual/newOSD).

Because of the changed structure in the settings and all the new options, you have to renew your settings with this version.

I doubt very much that the DVBViewer will run under VM-Ware with all the directshow and directX stuff. (haven't tied it)

If you are expirencing problems (means errors), two files are of interest, the DVBViewer.log (where the DVBViewer logs serious errors) and the osd.log (where the osd logs some information in order to help track problems down). Both files help us track the problems down and get your system up and running :radscorpion:

lars

Guest Lars_MQ
On Windows 2003 i have the same problem - like TNT - Stop after "Initialize OSD Skin".

OK this is a really silly problem. Try starting the DVBViewer directly via the explorer it will work.

The installer forgets to write the working dir to the link in the programgroup. just right click the entry DVBViewer in the programmgroup and select properties. there you simply copy the dir of the DVBViewer into the working dir editbox.

Sorry, i'll report this error to christian...

It's best to install it into a new directory and don't override an old installation.

Done - on 3 machines running Windows 2000 - no change -everytime the same error.

DVBViewer could not be started.

I doubt very much that the DVBViewer will run under VM-Ware with all the directshow and directX stuff. (haven't tied it)

There is no DX under VM but - the problem is that the DVBViewer does not start - it crashes BEFOR it does some "usefull" things.

If you are expirencing problems (means errors), two files are of interest, the DVBViewer.log (where the DVBViewer logs serious errors) and the osd.log

I know this files - but there is no way to get it. The files where NOT created !

All i can see is this and Dr.Watson:

Anwendungsausnahme aufgetreten:
       Anwendung:  (pid=1412)
       Wann: 16.02.2005 @ 11:15:20.248
       Ausnahmenummer: c0000005 (Zugriffsverletzung)

*----> Taskliste <----*
  0 Idle.exe
  8 System.exe
140 smss.exe
1412 DVBViewer.exe
292 drwtsn32.exe

And this happens on 3 (!!!) totally different (!!!) machines - all running Windows 2000 SP4.

The installer forgets to write the working dir to the link in the programgroup.

Confirmed - it runs under W2k3.

But the "problem" with the forgotten entry in the link - is very old.

I noticed it the first time in the first version i get - because on plugin does some unlovely things :radscorpion: .

But this is not the problem in Windows 2000.

2k does not have GDIPlus. I suppose you should install it.

By the way i will upload a new installer which comes with a redistributable gdiplus.dll, so the problem on non XP Systems should be gone.

Christian

PS: I simply forgot yesterday to mention this :radscorpion:

WOW!

It's running!

The first time I started it stoped at "Initializing OSD" but after a restart it worked fine.

(Overlay Mixer didn't wored too, but I think thats a problem of my pc system)

Just some (unimportant) things ; ) :

- If OSD Language is German, the entrie names in the HTPC menu are like "dieEinstellungen", "dasWetter"

- nothing happens when a click on "dasWetter"

- in the "dasInfo" Menü, the volume bar looks strage when if change the volume

But all other functions I tested are working properly!

What a great software, thx!

Felix

Edited by FEFX
Guest Lars_MQ
- If OSD Language is German, the entrie names in the HTPC menu are like "dieEinstellungen", "dasWetter"

That's called "Künstlerische Freiheit" :D

- in the "dasInfo" Menü, the volume bar looks strage when if change the volume

That's because it uses the same position like the signalstrength bar and is painted above it. Minor cosmetic problem ;) you really got "dasInfo" ? I have "dieInfos"

- nothing happens when a click on "dasWetter"

Yes you need some additional images. I think christian uploaded them to the membersarea. They were too big for the installer (1,6 mb ;) )

the images for "daswetter" are uploaded in the members area.

in which folder should i extract them?

ps: the new osd rocks ;)

but why did you remove the "show osd" form the right click on screen menue?

Guest Lars_MQ

extract the "weather" dir into the DVBViewer dir and restart the viewer.

but why did you remove the "show osd" form the right click on screen menue?

Cause of the completly different internal handling now, it was difficult to keep this option.

hehe dont know what i have done wrong this time ;)

but the player always starts with the message that the graph couldnt be created ;) ...i tried reregistering the DVBViewer filters but it doesnt work...also the other decoders dont want to work :D - the player makesa graph, but in this graph audio is missing :X

post-6348-1108558835_thumb.jpg

Can anybody else confirm that the latest 3.0 from today with GDI Plus has a problem closing?

I did not have that problem in the earlier 3.0 version without GDI Plus. Sadly I overwrote the setup.exe 3.0 with the new 3.0 with GDI version so I cannot go back ;)

Edited by boborg

Just installed, but it closes perfectly (I think anyway I had a version on GDI+ already installed on the system before installing DVBViewer).

BTW, what's the difference between today's version and yesterday's?

I just installed 3.0 over 2.3 beta, and I cannot close, by no means. When I try to, then the current station disappears and the DVBViewer window blackens. Obviously it continues in some strange mode: when I then reenter a new station, then audio (of this station) re-appears, but not video.

Interestingly, when I then switch to desktop mode, the picture appears as well. But when I switch back to a windowed (or fullscreen mode), then the picture has disappeared again.

I use Win XP Pro MCE 2005.

cosmetic changings: First of all the GDI Plus Library i attached and as you might realized in the board a lot of those users could also work as beta testers. I've never seen such a lot weird ways how to penetrate a program ;) So Lars fixed a small thing in the recorder and i uhm turned out crazy caused by some problems with the overlay mixer. Hmm it should work fine.

Christian

Just a suggestion with EPG OSD. Up to 2.3 Beta, when you pressed the EPG OSD button, it appeared on screen and there stayed 'till you pressed the exit from osd button. Now it just displays for 4 secs (or what you decide in Auto Popup EPG Info) and then it closes automatically. It's a bit disappointing seeing the EPG disappear while you're reading what's on now...

Hope I made myself clear, if not, I'm here for clarifications! ;)

Hi,

1. I got it to start under Windows 2000 (with another GDI+).

2. I do clean install of the latest v.3.0 - nothing works (DVBViewer starts, but can not closed, changin Language has no effect, etc.) - seems to be a problem with some XML Files (says the DVBViewer.log) - so i moved the XML's from the first 3.0 to the latest 3.0 - and it works.

3. The Network-Streaming to Windows 2000 Clienst still does NOT work - this point sucks realy ;):D;):D:bye:

[ Um nich zusagen - dat geht mir tierisch uff'n Sack *grml* ]

MfG.

Edited by CryptMan

The server/client just use windows api functions in order to request and receive data. I do not really think it is caused by a "the server does not like 2000" bug - since the functions are compatible downward to 95.

@Concerning the problems with the setup.xml file. Stupid Microsoft! Try remove the setup.xml or use the attached one.

Christian

setup.xml

I believe there IS an "don't like Windows 2000 SP4 - Something" in the CLIENT.

If I connect the VLC Client to the Server it works (for the VLC Client) without any problems. I have tested this with more than 2 Windows 2000 SP4 machines (MPEG Decoder is InterVideo).

Please take a closer look to the screenshot below (It is not manipulated) - the Windows 2000 client say >200% signal strength for the LAN Streaming Connection (It start by 100% - falls to <16% and then rises to >200%).

Do you have tested the streaming with Windows 2000 ???

post-5503-1108588832_thumb.png

2x ack, this display counts the incoming packages vs. discontinuities. The calculation formula is probably not the best and the percentage value results by the fact that there is a wraparound (caused by non signed integer variables). Again it is more important to know what the server tells you about the packages send and the active connections. If there is something not working properly it is definitively caused by some network settings you made. Again I DID NOT USED SOMETHING ELSE THAN THE STUFF PROVIDED BY MICROSOFT!

I've already mentioned a couple of times that the client/server application sucks with a win2000 client as unicast device, though it does work with multicast.

So Derrick thats not nice. The whole Unicast network code is this:

type
 TUCClient = class
 private
   fOnReceive: TReceiveNotify;
   fSocket: TClientSocket;
   fIPAdress: string;
   fPort: Integer;
   function GetConnected: Boolean;
   procedure Error(Sender: TObject; Socket: TCustomWinSocket; ErrorEvent: TErrorEvent; var ErrorCode: Integer);
   procedure Read(Sender: TObject; Socket: TCustomWinSocket);
   procedure Disconnect(Sender: TObject; Socket: TCustomWinSocket);
   procedure CreateSocket;
 public
   procedure Close;
   function Open: HRESULT;

constructor Create;
   destructor Destroy; override;

published
   property OnReceive: TReceiveNotify read fOnReceive write fOnReceive;
   property Port: Integer read fPort write fPort;
   property IPAdress: string read fIPAdress write fIPAdress;
   property Connected: Boolean read GetConnected;
 end;

function TUCClient.GetConnected: Boolean;
begin
 result := fSocket.Socket.Connected;
end;

constructor TUCClient.Create;
begin
 fPort := defPort;
 fIPAdress := '127.0.0.1';
 fOnReceive := nil;
 CreateSocket;
end;

destructor TUCClient.Destroy;
begin
 fSocket.Free;
 inherited Destroy;
end;

procedure TUCClient.CreateSocket;
begin
 fSocket := TClientSocket.Create(nil);
 fSocket.ClientType := ctNonBlocking;
 fSocket.OnDisconnect := Disconnect;
 fSocket.OnError := Error;
 fSocket.OnRead := Read;
end;

procedure TUCClient.Error(Sender: TObject; Socket: TCustomWinSocket;
 ErrorEvent: TErrorEvent; var ErrorCode: Integer);
begin
 ErrorCode := 0;
end;

procedure TUCClient.Close;
begin
 fSocket.OnDisconnect := nil;
 fSocket.Close;
 fSocket.OnDisconnect := Disconnect;
end;

function TUCClient.Open: HRESULT;
begin
 result := E_FAIL;
 if fSocket.Active then exit;
 fSocket.Port := fPort;
 fSocket.Host := fIPAdress;
 fSocket.Open;
 result := NOERROR;
end;

procedure TUCClient.Disconnect(Sender: TObject; Socket: TCustomWinSocket);
begin
 fSocket.Close;
 fSocket.Open;
end;

procedure TUCClient.Read(Sender: TObject; Socket: TCustomWinSocket);
var Buffer: Pointer;
 Len: Integer;
begin
 Len := Socket.ReceiveLength;
 GetMem(Buffer, Len);
 Socket.ReceiveBuf(Buffer^, Len);
 if assigned(fOnReceive) then fOnReceive(Buffer, Len);
 FreeMem(Buffer, Len);
end;

Nothing more and nothing less. So if you find some bug inside feel free to post.

@TNT: Use the Europe.ini.

Bye, Oliver

Hi Oliver, thanks for your advice, seems I am completely stupid but HOW do I "use Europe.ini"?

Finally I have found some time now to play around with the new release and am blocked here - whatever I do, the "Root: Terrestrial (EUR)" does not appear in the channellist so scanning of satellites would not help too much with the AirStar2. Certainly I can import them since I have them saved from the 2.3 beta but I would prefer if the 3.0 is also working. So far it seems it is all fancy and polished on the outside for a nice look but the basics are somewhat missing... :)

Or is the new version of DVBV meant for SkyStar2 only???

Hi @ all,

i just started playing arround with DVBViewer v3.0b some Microsoft Operating System's and Unicast.

All i have found out is documented in the file below (german).

I also tested Multicast in some variation but on my Main System Multicast does also not work - no data will be transmitted.

On the test system Multicast works for a short time < 10 seconds - after that the DVBViewer looksup at 100% CPU load.

Anyway i am not interested on Multicast.

The last thing i have seen is that some times while i am watching TV with VLC an the DVBViewer 3.0 on my Main System

(DVBViewer is used to control the Server) the DVBViewer looks up and blocks the Server. No Data will be transmitted

in this situation. If i kill the DVBViewer Process via the Task-Manager - the TV Transmition in VLC will goes on.

Say what you want - but i am 100% sure that only the DVBViewer.exe (the Client) has big problems on Windows 2000 Systems.

I would be very very happy if this Problem can be fixed in the near future.

Oh, i forgot something:

If i connect 2 Windows 2000 Clients at the same time to the same Server - one with VLC+DVBViewer and one with DVBViewer only - then the VLC client works great while the DVBViewer only client does not work.

DVBviewer_test.txt

Edited by CryptMan
Guest Lars_MQ
Say what you want - but i am 100% sure that only the DVBViewer.exe (the Client) has big problems on Windows 2000 Systems.

You're right.

Christian is currently working on this problem, but it seems to be something hard to track. Christian and I tested a lot of combinations. Everything works as expected, except DVBViewer as client on W2k. I watched a whole james bond yesterday with W2k as server and XP as Client without any trouble.

Currently we have no clue what goes wrong on DVBV Client and w2k. :bounce:

lars