EPG information disappearing

I'm having a odd problem with latest DMS 2.0.2.0 and DVBViewer 6.0.2.0 

after clearing the epg.dat files used by DMS and DVBViewer sevelal channels are displaying missing epg data and some are reporting only some programs missing epg. 

SomeTimes the channel briefly displays the program information which then disappears after few seconds.

Could someone give me advice how to investigate or fix this issue?

Some findings:

-whenever I tune into some channel I also trigger clearing the epg information for that channel in DMS

-the epg webpage displays different information than the DVBViewer pro client.

-sometime when tuning into channel 6 I get EPG info back to channel 4 for brief time( <30 sec) 

6 hours ago, Griga said:

Which reception type (DVB-S/T/C)? Which DVB network (e.g. satellite position)?

Oh I'm sorry.

I'm using  DVB-T 

I dont understand the Which DVB network question?

7 minutes ago, skb said:

in Finland

it came to my mind that it might have something to do with the broadcast providers as there was just recently change in the channel packets, which caused that all channels needed to refetch.

11 hours ago, skb said:

in Finland

This unfortuantely means that we can't check it.

On 21.5.2017 at 8:49 PM, skb said:

sevelal channels are displaying missing epg data and some are reporting only some programs missing epg. 

These are typical symptoms of EPG data with a wrong Event ID handling. The IDs are reused by the broadcaster for different programmes, thus being ambiguous. It's a  "receive, display and throw away" EPG which is not suitable for software and receivers that store the data for long-term availability. There is not much that we can do about it.

If you are using the automatic EPG update every 12 hours you can try the "Clear the EPG List before an EPG update" tweak (-> launch DMSTweaker.bat, tick the corresponding checkbox, stop the DMS, save, re-start the DMS). It lets the DMS delete all old EPG data before receiving new data.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Griga said:

This unfortuantely means that we can't check it.

These are typical symptoms of EPG data with a wrong Event ID handling. The IDs are reused by the broadcaster for different programmes, thus being ambiguous. It's a  "receive, display and throw away" EPG which is not suitable for software and receivers that store the data for long-term availability. There is not much that we can do about it.

If you are using the automatic EPG update every 12 hours you can try the "Clear the EPG List before an EPG update" tweak (-> launch DMSTweaker.bat, tick the corresponding checkbox, stop the DMS, save, re-start the DMS). It lets the DMS delete all old EPG data before receiving new data.

Thank you, I will try this approach. 

seems that the event ID's are only conflicting on few channels, hopefully broadcasters fix this problem.

Seems that problems have dissappeared without any tweaks. This leads me to believe this was broadcaster problem. 

This can be archived. Thank you.