Action after recording & timer recording list(s)

P.I.

I:m using DVBViewer mainly to switch between radio stations for a mix of news and entertainment. The audio is fed to a small FM transmitter so I can listen to these programs via any FM radio in and around my house. This list is quite extensive and also varies depending on the day of the week. Whenever I make a TV recording, the viewer stays on the channel used for recording until the next scheduled radio event takes place. Would it be possible to add a function which switches back to the previous channel at the end of the recording?

And while I'm at it, I would find it useful to have more than one timer recording list so I could switch between lists like "News and entertainment mix", "News and infos only", and "Music only", depending on my mood.

• Like 1

I would also love this functionality. Actually it would be nice to be able to run a script of choice after each recording/event. For example, calling a batch file or script that emails me whenever a recording is finished.

I tend to make some timers for shows that occur sometimes, I don't always look at my recording list so I would be nice to get notified somehow.

54 minutes ago, bccrew said:

For example, calling a batch file or script that emails me whenever a recording is finished.

The DVBViewer Media Server (former Recording Service) can do this for you. See Media Server Options (svcoptions.exe) -> E-mail.

If you are talking about the DVBViewer: DVBViewer\Scripts\stoprec.vbs is run after each recording. For more informations about this see Members Section > DVBViewer COM Interface.

And in the DMS after recording tasks are available (if you look for more than eMail).

• 5 years later...
On 7/3/2017 at 4:53 PM, Tjod said:

If you are talking about the DVBViewer: DVBViewer\Scripts\stoprec.vbs is run after each recording. For more informations about this see Members Section > DVBViewer COM Interface.

And in the DMS after recording tasks are available (if you look for more than eMail).

While this is true, it seems to be one or the other.  If you just use DVBViewer, then you can edit the stoprec.vbs script.  If you have DMS installed, then it seem like the stoprec.vbs script is no longer executed.  You must you the task editor in DMS to perform a task after recording is completed.

Edited by BoomerGamer62