Auto-update/delete channels and Sky integration?

Benoire

Hi

I've been using another product for some time with an excellent plugin that can grab the OpenTV EPG data, LCNs and channel information for Sky here in New Zealand.  The plugin allowed for scheduled EPG grabbing as well as auto-updating and deleting of channels as they changed, regional channel settings (we have 4 TVNZ channels that are available on the freesat platform for specific parts of the country but all have the same name) as well as channel groupings as per the Sky Box.

The plugin is old and has some massive issues with fixed descriptor lengths which has now broken the LCN part as well as some of the channels.

What I would like to know is, can DVBViewer do any of the above?  Ideally I'd like it to be able to auto-scan the LCNs on OpenTV data and populate that with regional settings.  If this is not possible, can it use a 3rd party like EPGCollector to define the channels in the system along with LCNs and programme data via an xml file imported at regular intervals, in otherwords disable inbuilt scanning and grab all its channel data from the XML file?

Any thoughts on the above is greatly appreciated and apologies if this is covered elsewhere!

Chris

OpenTV EPG is not supported. So you would need a external EPG grabber.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/epgcollector/

And then import it into the DVBViewer/DMS

http://www.a123.dk/

LCN is not supported by the DVBViewer you need to sort the channels manually.

The DVBViewer has support for importing channel-lists as .ini or .csv but I'm not sure if you can automate it.

There is no complete automated channels scan. Therefore new channels will not be added and old not removed. You have to run a manual started scan for this.

But there is a automated update system for some channel parameters e.g. if channels are only active some time parameters will be updated. The channels will not disapear if they are not active but the should work also if some parameters were changed.