two cards how to search for channels?

czegla64

Hello to All,

I have two DVB-S/S2 cards in my PC, a Technisat PCI SkyStar and a TBS 6522 PCI-E. (Plus an Astromera USB DVB-T2/C.) I can see all the tuners under the Hardware menu but I cannot choose which card should the software use when I am launching channel search. There should be an option for that. (Or is there an option???)  Now, the program is using the TBS card, nothing else...

Thanks, Aron C.

Channels aren't connected to a TV card. But to a reception type.

Can both DVB-S2 cards receive the same sat positions?

If yes you need only one DVB-S channel scan.

If not additional configurations a necessary to tell the DVBViewer which card can receive what.

If one TV card is in use e.g. for a recording and you tune a different DVB-S channel the DVBViewer will use the other DVB-S card.

For DVB-T2 and for DVB-C you need additional channel scans to use them as well.

under hardware/status you can change zhe status of your devices. if you dont want to use a device. just turn it off and make a channelscan.

Edited by Marc32
  • 1 month later...

I would suggest to simple assign a different group to the specific sat positions and assign these groups to the tuners in the hardware section. There is currently 8 groups (A-H) so you can create groups for 8 physical tuners. The groups can be also shared between the tuners (once you record one channel you can use different tuner to watch the same group).

Edited by oldgringo

If both cards have access to all transponders e.g. via a multiswitch you have to do nothing. The 1st card is used 1st also for a channel scan. If you want the other card to perform a scan just put it in the 1st place by drag & drop.