Media Server IPTV Routing

Cian

I have created a tuner for IPTV in the Media Server, but when I connect from a client PC, it looks like the client connects directly with the IPTV server rather than routing it through the recording service since I don't see the connection on the Server status web page. I want to do it this way to route all connections through the Server. I have tried using groups, but this does not seem to make any difference.

Am I missing something or does the client bypass the server for IPTV?

DVBViewer 6.0.3.0. I'm fairly sure that the only time I have seen the IPTV status show as supplying the feed is when the client was running on the same machine as the Server.

Do you need a support.zip? I didn't want to post it if there was going to be a simple answer.

You need to create a virtual RTSP (Sat>IP) network device (see DVBViewer Client -> Options -> Hardware -> Add), connect it to the DMS and then set the tuner type of the device to the type to which the IPTV stream belongs (DVB-IPTV or TS Stream). Which one is it?

If you want to receive two streams at the same time (e.g. for Picture in Picture) you need two RTSP network devices, etc.

Ah... Never added the virtual receiving device on the Client. With the other Tuner devices, if they are not there, you get the "No Hardware" error. Never thought of adding a device since I was receiving a picture!

Thanks,

C.

Edited by Cian
2 hours ago, Cian said:

With the other Tuner devices, if they are not there, you get the "No Hardware" error.

Looks like you are using the TS Stream reception type, because virtual TS Stream devices are created internally on demand if they are not available in the hardware (tuner) list.

The next release will provide a tweak for switching this off so you can limit the streams to the number of manually added TS Stream devices (or RTSP devices with the corresponding tuner type for routing it through the DMS).