Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Bug. System Freezes

tahir40

Since I updated windows yesterday i can not go full screen, the moment i make DVBViewer full screen System freezes. Even ctrl alt del becomes unreponsive, i have to hit the restart. DVBViewer works fine when it is windowed. 

i7 6700k

asus z170p d3

16db dual 2400mhz

evga gtx1060

prof 7301 dvb s2

Seems to happen with Nvidia graphics cards. There are similar reports in the German forum (without freeze, however).

In order to pinpoint the problem, please try the following setting changes in DVBViewer one after the other:

• Options -> DirectX -> Switch DXVA Scaling off or on if already off -> Apply (only available if EVR Custom is selected as video renderer).
  • Options -> DirectX -> Select EVR Enhanced Video Renderer -> Apply
  • Options -> DirectX -> Selet VMR9 Video Mixing Renderer -> Apply

Does one of these changes fix it?

Hello. DXVA Scaling was on, i changed it to off. Then I 

it seems problem solved. Did not need last step. Thanks you very much.  

As I said  DXVA Scaling was on, i changed it to off.  Then: 

I did this two. nothing else. BTW now i have 1 second black screen when i change channels but at least i can watch tv full screen :) 

I updated to Fall Creators Update yesterday and experienced no problems at all.

Using DMS 2.0.3 (server) and DVBViewer 6.0.3 as client on 3 computers. TV card is Terratec S7 MKII

On 1 computer settings are : DXVA = on, Cyberlink Video Decoder, EVR Custom Videorenderer. Videocard = Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti ( extremly good picture quality )

On 2:nd computer settings are : DXVA = on, LAV Video Decoder, EVR Custom Videorenderer. Videocard = Nvidia GT 620 (TV card is attached to this computer and DMS running on this one )

On 3:rd computer settings are : DXVA = on, Cyberlink Video Decoder, EVR Custom Videorenderer. Videocard = Intel HD Graphics 520

And - as I stated initially - running very smooth and no problems at all :-)

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Can we make this thread about Fall Creators Update issues?

Since I installed Fall Creators Update, I have had no issue with DVBViewer 6.0.4 in full screen (with an Nvidia driver).

However, I do have an issue with the DVBViewer Media server (v2.0.4.0) going offline and online again after 30 seconds to 1 minute of watching a recording or live TV.

This is on both Samsung TVs. Worked fine previously. The server and both TVs are connected by LAN cables, and work fine with internet apps like BBC iPlayer.

I have run a recurring ping for 10 minutes without any issue to 8.8.8.8.

I read there are some known power management issues on the Microsoft support pages related to Fall Creators Update. Could this be the issue?

I have set the power mangement to Always On profile, and set the NIC to no powersave, keeping it on.

10 minutes ago, xtonys said:

However, I do have an issue with the DVBViewer Media server (v2.0.4.0) going offline and online again after 30 seconds to 1 minute of watching a recording or live TV.

The svcdebug.log will tell us more about it: support.zip

• 2 weeks later...

According to the svcdebug.log the session was closed normally. Looks like the client did it, for whatever reason.

A similar case has been reported in the German forum - also two Samsung TVs, Fall Creators update, the same symptoms. However, only few HD channels are affected. It works with similar channels, and playing the problematic ones with other UPnP clients (DVBViewer, VLC, LG TV with WebOS 3.5) works flawlessly.

H Griga, I tried this, but still the same issue. SAP>IP working fine. 

Any other options to disable?

There were some disk/file permission issues since installing the creators update. which folder(s) does the recording service use for a cache for example? 

image.png.fd101ba4dc6a9983aaab621238ae3715.png

On 26.11.2017 at 12:19 PM, xtonys said:

However, I do have an issue with the DVBViewer Media server (v2.0.4.0)

Your screenshot shows an old Recording Service version. What are you actually using?

4 hours ago, xtonys said:

which folder(s) does the recording service use for a cache for example? 

There is no cache. It only reads from / writes to the DVBViewer configuration folder and in some cases from/to the DVBViewer installation directory (where DVBViewer.exe is).

On 17/12/2017 at 4:31 AM, Griga said:

Your screenshot shows an old Recording Service version. What are you actually using?

There is no cache. It only reads from / writes to the DVBViewer configuration folder and in some cases from/to the DVBViewer installation directory (where DVBViewer.exe is).

I have posted a screen shot of the live service...

On 18.12.2017 at 10:26 PM, xtonys said:

Do I need to delete the older version, or uninstall and reinstall?

Only the up-to-date version should be used. How did it happen that there are two versions on your PC? Have you installed the DMS / RS to different directories in the past? If you want to change the directory you first need to uninstall the previous version and the install the new one.

Now the question is which Recording Service / Media Server version is actually running on your PC...

A German user made UPnP streaming from DMS 2.0.4 to his Samsung TV work by switching the DVB subtitles in the Web/UPnP options off. However, other inconsistent results suggest that it may depend on the Samsung firmware version.

1 hour ago, Griga said:

Only the up-to-date version should be used. How did it happen that there are two versions on your PC? Have you installed the DMS / RS to different directories in the past? If you want to change the directory you first need to uninstall the previous version and the install the new one.

Now the question is which Recording Service / Media Server version is actually running on your PC...

A German user made UPnP streaming from DMS 2.0.4 to his Samsung TV work by switching the DVB subtitles in the Web/UPnP options off. However, other inconsistent results suggest that it may depend on the Samsung firmware version.

I will uninstall, cleanup old folders and try again. The Samsung's are both latest firmware for the uk

On 22/12/2017 at 12:37 PM, xtonys said:

I will uninstall, cleanup old folders and try again. The Samsung's are both latest firmware for the uk

i did this, and fixed it. I found in the process that my network adaptor had aquired a second static IP address, which I didnt know was possible! Also reinstalled the network card driver and all is working fine again. Happy Christmas & New Year :)