Javascript issue

hackbart

Hi,

does somebody have any idea why the following code does not work:

c.prototype.setSource = function(a, c) {
            c = c || "video/mp4";

this.stop();
            !d.PlayerBase.REBUILD_PLAYER && this.checkMediaElementIntegrity() || this.rebuildPlayer(c);
            var b = setInterval(function(d) {
                d._mediaElement && (d._mediaElement.type = c, d._mediaElement.data = a, 
                d.playState = e.states.INIT, 
                d._mediaElement.onPlayStateChange = function() {
                    var a = d.getPlayState();
                    d.playState !== a && (d.playStateChange(a), d.playState = a)
                }, d.vidSource = a, clearInterval(b))
            }, 100, this)
        };

but:

c.prototype.setSource = function(a, c) {
            c = c || "video/mp4";

this.stop();
            !d.PlayerBase.REBUILD_PLAYER && this.checkMediaElementIntegrity() || this.rebuildPlayer(c);
            var b = setInterval(function(d) {
                d._mediaElement && (d._mediaElement.type = c, d._mediaElement.data = a, 
                d.playState = e.states.INIT, alert("Hello"), 
                d._mediaElement.onPlayStateChange = function() {
                    var a = d.getPlayState();
                    d.playState !== a && (d.playStateChange(a), d.playState = a)
                }, d.vidSource = a, clearInterval(b))
            }, 100, this)
        };

does? I mean the only difference is alert("Hello"). 

The code is part of the Watchbox HbbTV application which is the successor of clip fish. Does alert does something special, except raising a message box?

Christian

I'm loving it, while debugging their HbbTV application - they somehow managed to add yet another bug into it :disgust:

/js/app.2063364764.min.js:8723 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ivw_tag_t1' of undefined

Okay, they fixed the problem, so i was able to fiddle out why the playback inside the DVBViewer was not working.

I'm not sure if it is a bug of their script, a problem of Webkit - which we use for rendering, or an issue inside the HbbTV implementation. Anyhow it seem to be that i have to focus the video object in order to get onPlayStateChange working.