Hardware access conflict?

allanlee

Updated to DVBViewer Pro 6.0.4, DMS 2.0.4 and TrandEdit 4.2.1

If there's an ongoing recording in DMS , it will "grab" the tuner from DMS without any warning or notification.

At the meantime however, DMS "Status" tab still displays as normal (except for data rate decreasing and file size remaining the same). Seems that it does not even know the tuner what "robbed" away by TransEdit.

See this behavior in 2 of my PCs. Is it a new - "feature" - of the new version? In previous versions TransEdit will tell me something like "Initialize device failed" or "No hardware available".

Edited by allanlee
1 hour ago, allanlee said:

If there's an ongoing recording in DMS , it will "grab" the tuner from DMS without any warning or notification.

I can't reproduce it here.

Possible reason: Differences concerning the DVB hardware in the hardware list. Make sure that all applications (DMS, DVBViewer, TransEdit) are up-to-date by performing "Detetct Devices".