Sorting in EPG search dialog makes "details" window show completely incorrect and random data

tim copperfield

The listview used for EPG search results allows sorting up/down by clicking headers.

The sorting appears to sorta work - clicking 'Start' for example, attempts to sort by date + time, resulting with listview showing correct data.

However, clicking each individual EPG entry in the sorted list results in different dates/program names being displayed.

How to reproduce:

1) Search for anything in EPG

2) Try sorting by start time (for example)

3) Try clicking various results and compare "Event" title and time/date with the ones shown in "Details" tab below.

Example: 

image.thumb.png.37f461d268994bd104adb8a62b9be6bd.png

Here, the EPG is searched, and sorted by start time, ascending.

The search order looks correct, but clicking the entry shows  completely different results in Details.

The "hover over" content however looks OK (it is the program in question as noted by Event Title and description.

EDIT: There appear to be other sort order issues (i.e. sorting by station name doesn't appear to alphabetically sort it, either), but I think incorrect metadata issue needs to be addressed first.

Edited by tim copperfield

Confirmed. It doesn't even require searching. The "EPG at..." page generally doesn't display the selected item correctly when it is sorted in some way.

Wil be fixed. The whole EPG windows needs some clean-up. I'll post here when it is finished and provide a test version.

Thanks, I can confirm sorting is working.

Not sure I like the search being on the bottom of the window, to me that means search is within the "description" box and not overall EPG, i.e. the usage flow would be something like:

[ see list of programs]

[ why is search here ? is it for searching the large text area below ? ]

[ see extended description of program selected above ]

The original layout of:

[ search (applies to the channel list below, the operation flows search -> list -> description) ]

[ list of programs ]

[ extended description for program selected above ]

Made more sense, I think.

Anyway, now we can move on to other failures in the same dialog :)

1) Sorting by "Channel" now doesn't work at all. It sorts once, but clicking the header again to sort ascending/descending doesn't work.

2) Sort order in #1 is still random (doesn't seem to be channel name alphabetically)

3) There's no indication (small arrow at the end of header text) of sort order - these ARE visible in ex. Timer Recordings window, so I know its possible to do

Edited by tim copperfield
2 hours ago, tim copperfield said:

Not sure I like the search being on the bottom of the window, to me that means search is within the "description" box and not overall EPG,

It's no ideal solution, but I've found no better place for the search button, and having it at the bottom, but the search bar at the top would be strange either.

1) Sorting by "Channel" now doesn't work at all. It sorts once, but clicking the header again to sort ascending/descending doesn't work.

The code tells me that it is not supposed to work this way. The channel sort order is the same as the user defined sort order of the channel or favourites list (depending on the filter setting), which makes sense. Reversing it doesn't. With other words: The column title allows to revert to the order users are familiar with.

3) There's no indication (small arrow at the end of header text) of sort order

For unknown reasons someone has set the ShowSortGlyphs property to false. Fixed.