Web interface Program not support unicode?

Ham Wong

Hi,

If it's with unicode, it's keep loading and won't/can't list channel

image.png.04714899426f50a82e4d7ccc2109af2c.png

image.png.160ac533e9374bdd694d720320b428a3.png

with English, it works fine

image.png.1183a9498d03e030cf7433197c93311e.png

As I recently upgrade to win10 (fresh install not upgrade), I am not sure issue were due to media server or win10

if my memory didn't go wrong, I think it works fine in win7 with recording services.

Edited by Ham Wong
14 minutes ago, Ham Wong said:

If it's with unicode, it's keep loading and won't/can't list channel

This is not a known Media Server issue.

What do you mean by "with unicode"? Which setting and where?

well, In win10, chinese should be default in unicode or like utf-8 if my understanding is not correct, you can just ignore unicode part and solve this bug

Well anyway what I mean is when I write in chinese, it fail to load, 

Edited by Ham Wong

I can't reproduce the issue with category names containing Unicode (= non ASCII) characters:

Zwischenablage01.png

The web interface is Unicode compatible. However, the DVBViewer channel list file format is not compatible. It uses the limited local character set for non-unicode programs. Read more about it here:

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/changing-display-language-used-non-unicode-programs

The DMS converts these characters to UTF-8 when it displays channel and category names in the web interface. Maybe that causes the problem, but I can't imagine why.

Hi,

Thanks for your promote response,  my win10 have set default language as chinese, as you can see from my above screen capture, character display correctly on web just somehow for unknown reason it can't open up channel list and keep loading

as I said earlier, there is no issue when I use win7 with recording service, may I know does your test platform is on win10?

perhaps will you require any extra info for further investigate?