Did I need a new S2 Pci card?

LINUSJ

Hi guys,
I have just bought an new pc with intel I3-7100, MSI Mb H270 with windows 10 x64Pro running on and my old Tevii S464 pci dvb card is only hardware recognized by the system and i give driver error saying not compatible with this platform (Win10)
The S464 driver is the last release from Tevii : Release_v5193_20141127 working on Windows 8.1 and DVBViewer  very well without any problem since yesterday. 
So now, my question are:
1° Is possible to solve the driver compatibility in windows 10 with my Tevii s464 card?
2° Did I need a new win 10 compatible PCI S2 card with updating drivers?
3° Which brand S2 PCI card and model you would suggest to me working fine with WIN 10 and Dvbviwer?
Thank' s in advance for replying.
Linus

Unfortunately I havent kept up with whats new in the DVB hardware scene for years. I guess if you find something that works amazing you are set for years until something like in your case happens. So I might not be suitable to answer your questions, but here goes anyway:

1. Try to find out if some other vendor having any card using the same chip as the Tevii s464, might have more recent drivers. A long shot, but it certainly doesnt hurt to try.

2. Not necessarily, you could still use your old pc as DMS recording server (keeping the working hardware there) and your new computer as client.    

3. No idea! Probably all cards that are available on the market should support Win10. Anything else would be an outrage.

Edited by majstang
2 hours ago, majstang said:

Unfortunately I havent kept up with whats new in the DVB hardware scene for years. I guess if you find something that works amazing you are set for years until something like in your case happens. So I might not be suitable to answer your questions, but here goes anyway:

1. Try to find out if some other vendor having any card using the same chip as the Tevii s464, might have more recent drivers. A long shot, but it certainly doesnt hurt to try.

2. Not necessarily, you could still use your old pc as DMS recording server (keeping the working hardware there) and your new computer as client.    

3. No idea! Probably all cards that are available on the market should support Win10. Anything else would be an outrage.

Thank you for replying and for your suggestions.

In the meantime I wrote to Tevii. I'am expecting an reply and I hope that they can solve this iussue.

As soon I receive their answer I will let you know.

Many thanks

Thank-you Cian,

I tried driver release 5192 before 5193 but same issue.

Can you tell me what kind of hardware you are using in your pc (MB - Processor)?

It's only for making differeces from your hardware and mine.

Best regards, Linusj 

PCI/PCIe Card difference is far more likely to be the problem rather than motherboard. (It is an old Republic of Gamers card that I got in a charity shop with an old Xeon processor fitted - all old but plenty to run as a DVB server!). 

You may just need to buy a PCIe card or USB replacement. Did you try run the driver install programme in XP compatibility mode?

I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m_IUzTyPm8

No idea if it works, but it might help.