Trouble with mp3-playback

bugger

hi,

i hope i am right in this forum.

there are two problems with the playback of mp3 files (i did not test other audiofiles, perhaps there is the same problem).

first:

when i load a playlist (m3u) i can listen to the songs, but the next time i start DVBViewer and select "show playlist..." to hear the songs i get the error message "cannot render mediafile: error 0x80070003". i have to reload/import the playlist again for being able to listen to the songs.

second:

there are strange sound during the playback of an audio file.

sounds like someone hits an a little shoe-box with the rythem of the music, but not regulary.

i am not an expert but i'd say that some frequencies are transmitted the wrong way.

i don't have this appearence using winamp or several other media players.

what could be the reason?

deutsch

deutsch kann ich ein bisschen besser und andere wohl auch, deswegen schreib ich das nochmal so.

also mein erstes problem ist folgendes:

ich lade eine playlist und kann mir die lieder anhören. wenn ich DVBViewer jetzt beende und wieder neu starte stehen die songs noch alle in der liste drin doch wenn ich diese abspielen will bekomme ich die fehlermeldung "cannot render mediafile: error 0x80070003". ich muss die playlist dann nochmal neu importieren damit ich die lieder wieder hören kann.

zweitens:

beider wiedergabe der audiodateien kommt so ein komisches klopfgeräusch, als ob jemand mit dem rythmus auf einem schuhkarton mitschlägt oder so ähnlich, aber nictht durchgängig. es klingt vielleicht ein bisschen kratziger noch.

bei anderen mediaplayern habe ich das problem nicht.

ich keine ahnung von soetwas, aber für mich hört es sich ein bisschen so an, als würde einige frequenzen falsch übertragen.

woran könnte das liegen?

/deutsch

infos: i am using

DVBViewer 2.2 and 2.3 beta

sonique audio visuals

PiP Preview Plugin

newOSD

osdGames

DVBViewer Filter

Channel Shortcutter

windows xp sp2, directx 9.0c

technisat airstar 2

athlon 2500+

512 ddr-ram

geforce 4 ti 4200

abit nf7 v2 with onboard sound

Post as many details as possible (your PC configuration, exact DVBViewer version etc.)

anything else needed (w00t)

You may post in the Deutsch forum if you prefer to write in German.

Please check how the mp3 filenames and especially the file extensions *.mp3 are stored in the file Setup.ini after closing the DVBViewer (open it with a text editor)... maybe some bug shows up there. The error message "Cannot render..." typically indicates an unknown media file type.

Guest hackbart

you should also check out if your mp3 file does not contain a huge id tag header. Right now Directshow has a lot of problems with these kind of mp3 files. Mostly caused by the fact that the splitter does not read more than a few kb of the file to determine if its an mp3.

Once someone (maybe Radlight or we) will create such a splitter in order to offer playback by using directshow.

Christian

Guest DAvenger
you should also check out if your mp3 file does not contain a huge id tag header.  Right now Directshow has a lot of problems with these kind of mp3 files. Mostly caused by the fact that the splitter does not read more than a few kb of the file to determine if its an mp3.

Once someone (maybe Radlight or we)  will create such a splitter in order to offer playback by using directshow.

Christian

Already done (w00t)

Guest DAvenger
second:

there are strange sound during the playback of an audio file.

sounds like someone hits an a little shoe-box with the rythem of the music, but not regulary.

Intervideo Audio Decoder (w00t)

Guest DAvenger
really? i hope you did not mean the nice stream sourcefilter, but one which can handle playback without using a tstream based interface :rolleyes:

Christian

No idea :rolleyes: You should ask Igor (w00t)

i wrote here in english because i thought there is a higher number of readers around here.

and at last it keeps me up improving my english knowledge :rolleyes:

looks like i have found the "bug" with the playlist.

DVBViewer save the paths of the file in the setup.ini, these paths are the same like in the m3u. and they look like this: /dir/file.mp3

there is no information about the drive or superior files stored.

as a result the playlist must be in the same file as the media files.

since DVBViewer saves the paths in its own .ini it is not able to the find the media the next time.

i think therefor the paths should looks like this: X:\dir\file.mp3

Intervideo Audio Decoder  (w00t)

what does that mean.

should i use this decoder or delete it?

well, in fact selecting this or another decoder did not change anything. :rolleyes:

Edited by bugger
i don't have this appearence using winamp or several other media players.

selecting this or another decoder did not change anything

You can try to select a different audio renderer resp. device in the options.

However, the best way to find out what causes the disturbances is to play a mp3 in the DVBViewer, launch GraphEdit, perform "Connect To Remote Graph" and attach the result as a screenshot here. More about GraphEdit (in German) here.

Aaaah... the Morgan Stream Switcher. A well known trouble-maker. Mostly included in codec packs (installing them is a major mistake).

Use the Radlight Filter Manager to unregister it (more about it in the DVBViewer manual, same link as above).

Guest DAvenger

Morgan Stream Switcher is not the one to blame in this case. The weird sound you hear is caused by the InterVideo Audio Decoder and it's buggy MP3 implementation. I'd recommend you using something different for MP3 playback e.g the default MP3 dec. which comes with every Windows.

Morgan Stream Switcher is not the one to blame in this case. The weird sound you hear is caused by the InterVideo Audio Decoder

In this case selecting a different decoder would have solved the problem. But it didn't, as you can read above. (w00t) Or search Google Groups for "Morgan Stream Switcher", like I did. And then start singing "Nobody knows the trouble I have seen..." :rolleyes:

Oh, wait... I've just run a little test. Selecting a different decoder doesn't affect mp3 playback in the DVBViewer, as I just had to recognize. (w00t) sorry, DAvenger.

The decoder is selected by the DirectShow Graphbuilder. And if the InterVideo is the one with the highest merit, it will always be used, whatever one selects in the DVBViewer.

In this case lowering the InterVideo's merit value could help, or installing the Elecard Package. The included Moonlight Odio Dekoda plays MP3 quite well on my PC, and comes with a extremely high merit value.

Anyway, one of these things will do the trick.

yeah, that did the trick.

i removed my codecpack (tsunami filterpack) and it works fine now with the mp3s.

even video file browsing with the explorer is faster now.

damn, i'll never install a codec pack again. (w00t)

Guest DAvenger
damn, i'll never install a codec pack again. :rolleyes:

You really shouldn't. Not because of the problems (which can be easily solved by using more advanced players; shame one the self-promotion me (w00t) ) but because of the legal status of codecpacks.