userip

TransEdit: Streaming filtering PIDs in the SERVER

userip

Hi,

After a lot of time requesting the Streaming button in the TransEdit tool, finally the last version 4.2.1 has it! THANK YOU! :-)

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/56627-streaming-button-in-transedit/

Now, I have another suggestion. If you use SAT>IP servers as your tuners, you know for sure that a lot of servers doesn't support the Full Transport streaming. Yes, almost all support "pids=all", and this it's great. However, when the TS has a high bandwidth, or it goes over a specific bitrate, in this case the resulting RTP streaming has a lot of Continuity Errors. This, isn't a problem for the internal Analyzer of the TransEdit, as the PSI tables can be readed multiple times. However, if you like to do an streaming, this can be a problem.

So, here it's my suggestion: At time, when you select with the mouse multiple pids in the Analyzer and you start the streaming (CTRL+S), then you're sending only the selected pids. And this it's great! Thank you! However, the TransEdit are in fact receving the full TS. So the filtering it's internal. But, if you include in the configuration some option, it should be possible to request to the tuner to only send the selected pids. And when the streaming stops, or some change occurs in the pid list, then update the list (and when no streaming, then restablish the "pids=all").

This will be a must have for SAT>IP servers! With this any external tool can be used for TS analysis, using the TransEdit as a TUNER.

Please, consider it.

Regards.

userip

Hi,

No response?

userip

Hi,

I really need this functionality!
No comment?

userip

Any update on this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• daniel2
      By daniel2
      Hello

I have problem with TransEdit v.4.2.1.1 and ATSC 8VSB WinTV-HVR 950Q tuner.
      I don't see "Bandwidth" option anymore and I have error "Invalid or incomplete input".

For example, in TransEdit v3.9.8.0 I can choose "bandwidth" and no problem to add channel.

Please check attached screenshots for both versions.

I'm using Windows 10 x64.

Please suggest.

• userip
      By userip
      Hi,

Using the TransEdit, some times I use software SAT>IP servers for testing. Some of these servers, like the Recording Service, support the TCP streaming (aka RTSP AVP Interlaved). And inside the "TransEdit.ini" file I see the entry "UseTCP.X" for each tuner. However, it only works with RS sources.

Please, can you expand this support for any SAT>IP server? I know, not all support it, but if they support it, then will be very useful.

Thank you!
    • chris576
      By chris576
      Hallo,

kann ich mit der Demoversion über IP gestreamtes Fernsehen von einem  TSS 400 MKII SAT>IP Server wiedergeben? Oder bedeute die Einschränkung "keine Netzwerkgeräte", dass dies nicht möglich ist?

Ich habe einen TRIAX SAT>IP Server und suche nun nach einem entsprechendem Programm für meinen Windows Rechner. Bevor ich die Proversion kaufe, wollte ich gerne ausprobieren, ob das auch funktioniert.

Gruß,
      Chris 
    • allanlee
      By allanlee
      Updated to DVBViewer Pro 6.0.4, DMS 2.0.4 and TrandEdit 4.2.1

If there's an ongoing recording in DMS , it will "grab" the tuner from DMS without any warning or notification.

At the meantime however, DMS "Status" tab still displays as normal (except for data rate decreasing and file size remaining the same). Seems that it does not even know the tuner what "robbed" away by TransEdit.

See this behavior in 2 of my PCs. Is it a new - "feature" - of the new version? In previous versions TransEdit will tell me something like "Initialize device failed" or "No hardware available".