Copy Channel 4 EPG to Channel 4 HD?

uglyned

Channel 4 HD recently left UK Freesat but the channel itself is still available FTA on 28.2.

The only problem now is it has no EPG.

Is there an easy way to copy the EPG details from Channel 4 into Channel 4 HD or configure the Channel 4 HD channel in DVBViewer so it uses Channel 4's EPG listing?

Thanks!

No, not what Im aware of. You should be abled to mix internal EPG for most channels and use an external xmltv EPG source for Channel 4 HD only though using XEPG and Webgrab++   

OK - for an old fart who has installed the relevant XEPG and Webgrab++ stuff and 'just' needs to configure it from the bewildering options - could somebody walk me through the procedure? I just need to add Ch4HD since everything else is on FreeSat. Which of the many many search sites would be most suitable?

You may not even need Webgrab++. XEPG can download a 7 day EPG with plenty of english channels directly.    

http://www.xmltv.co.uk/feed/6582

In xepg you then pair up DVBViewer Channel 4 HD with Channel 4 HD in the xmltv document. The rest you will have to figure out by yourself. If venturing into this stuff you are going advanced and are expected to figure things out more or less on your own. I cannot help very much because mixtering with it kind of ruins my own external xmltv EPG setup. I also dont have everything fresh in my mind since it was  years and years ago i did setup mine. You have two choices really...the easiest is to go full external EPG source for all your channels. Mixing internal with external EPG sources could be over the top. I dont know much about the freesat EPG in the first place. 

Edited by majstang

Great PerryM, this is not that hard really! You are now the go-to-guy;) Next step is automating the XEPG downloading of the xmltv feed and import the EPG to DMS via a weekly triggered external process task. 

XEPG Import only task: 

Filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\Xepg\Xepg.exe

Parameters: -xImport

XEPG Grab and import task:

Filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\Xepg\Xepg.exe

Parameters: -xGrabThenImport

A lazy man's way to do it is to put Channel 4 HD directly underneath Channel 4 in the EPG.

Then if I click to record a programme on Channel 4 through RS I can just change the channel to C4 HD and use the same timings.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Hello,

it's a great suggestion, Uglyned. I use this sometimes on private channels, which have two more days in the epg in DVB-T2 HD than in DVB-S.

Many greetings

Webturtle