Jump to content
Kean

stuck at splash screen showing Completing Initialization

Recommended Posts

Kean
Posted (edited)

Just purchased DVBViewer,  its fine after installation, but when I closed and re-open the program, it stuck at splash screen showing Completing Initialization, no video , just black.

The problem could be fixed sometimes If I restart my PC, it is ok first time, however  if I reopen the program, it will stuck at Completing Initialization again.

Edited by Kean

Share this post


Link to post
ray_bk

This problem has been there for years in different versions and DVBViewer official has take no action to fix it.

In my case, it seems that it hangs more frequently (but not always) when there is no network connection (i.e. my broadband router is switched off).

This is really disgusting when I scheduled a TV programme to record. I set my computer to boot automatically at specific time through BIOS setting, start Windows and auto-start DVBViewer BUT IT HANGS (fail to record my favorite programme)!!

Share this post


Link to post
Griga

Is your DVBViewer configured as Recording Service / Media Server client?

 

A support.zip  would help to pinpoint the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Kean
Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2018 at 12:38 AM, Griga said:

Is your DVBViewer configured as Recording Service / Media Server client?

 

A support.zip  would help to pinpoint the issue.

No, I didnt configured DVB as recording service nor media server client.

I got this problem since the first day I bought it.

 

Please find attached file.thanks

 

Display card: was Asus strix GTX 970, current display card is Strix GTX1070Ti, I have been using the most updated drivers Nvidia drivers since last few months.

TV Card: DMB-TH PCIe Pro(AQ)

 

 

support.zip

Edited by Kean

Share this post


Link to post
Griga

The log file shows that tuning is interrupted by an access violation (see DVBViewer.log). The error is caught and logged in DVBViewer,, but most likely happening outside the DVBViewer code, maybe in a BDA component that connects the application to the driver. Looks like a driver problem, because it doesn't happen with other devices (at least not with the 11 DVB devices that I have here for testing purpose).

 

You can try if changing the following settings on Options -> Hardware helps:

  • Use internal Network provider filter off
  • Direct tuning off
  • Stop stream while tuning on

They change the way in which the BDA components are used.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Kean
On 6/11/2018 at 1:40 AM, Griga said:

The log file shows that tuning is interrupted by an access violation (see DVBViewer.log). The error is caught and logged in DVBViewer,, but most likely happening outside the DVBViewer code, maybe in a BDA component that connects the application to the driver. Looks like a driver problem, because it doesn't happen with other devices (at least not with the 11 DVB devices that I have here for testing purpose).

 

You can try if changing the following settings on Options -> Hardware helps:

  • Use internal Network provider filter off
  • Direct tuning off
  • Stop stream while tuning on

They change the way in which the BDA components are used.

 

 

I followed your instructions but the result is same. I also reinstalled my PC but still not working. Attached file is generated after following your instructions.

 

 

support.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Griga

Have you checked if a more recent driver is available for your device? The one that you are using is quite old

 

Quote

DriverVersion = 1.2.617.0
DriverDate = 17/6/2009

 

and for sure not designed for Windows 10.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Kean
5 hours ago, Griga said:

Have you checked if a more recent driver is available for your device? The one that you are using is quite old

 

 

and for sure not designed for Windows 10.

 

 you mean the TV card driver? I am pretty sure the driver is working well as I used it with other TV software , no problem at all.

btw, like someone said, this problem sometimes does not occurred.  Also, I did try an version 5.x  before  ,  2-3 years ago probably I cant remember, and  it worked great , no problem.

 

Just curious, may I have old version so that I can try it again? I dont mind the version as long as it works.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Griga

See download area -> Older Versions section. The oldest that you can get there is DVBViewer Pro 5.6.4.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Kean

I just did a  test:

 

  I installed v5.6.4, not working though, so I reinstalled the v6.1.1 back and restart DVBViewer debug mode, this time is worked, EPG , channel list both OK, please see the attached support.zip file.

 

However after closing, reopening, restart PC then it is not working again. This problem seems happened randomly.

 

 

 

dvb_cap.jpg.278e26e4ff72e6feac8bf20fab34b0ac.jpg

support.zip

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×