missing ts file during recording

slavik

Hi,

In media server 2.0.4 I have scheduled timer for record channels every day. Sometimes ts file is not created. All channels from one transponder has no ts files, at the same time other times from different transponder recorded fine. It not depend on one timer or channel, previous time it happens for channel from different frequency.

During last month such situation happens 3-4 times , last time today.

Signal quality looks good. In web interface datarate and written file size show some realistic data. Today, after I saw this problem, I disable times in web interface and enable them again, after that times start recording fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

support.zip

webinterface.PNG

2018-03-29_20-10-03_Enter Film_Enter Film.log

2018-03-29_20-10-03_Enter Film_Enter Film.txt

The recording log indicates that the DMS didn't detect video and audio in the data. It looks like decryption did not work properly. Did the channels in question require a CI/CAM?

These channels are FTA.

Tuner,  which DMS used for recording is configured as "Has CI module" unchecked.

Edited by slavik

EGP looks good. Not sure how EGP could be related. These timers was created long time ago for record particular channels each days. In previous days channels was recorded fine.

1 hour ago, slavik said:

These timers was created long time ago for record particular channels each days. In previous days channels was recorded fine.

Maybe the channel data changed in the meantime? Does playback of these channels work? If yes try to delete and re-create the timers.

However, there is one strange thing: The recording log reports that 5 GB of data have been written. Where did it go if no TS file was created? And what prevented the DMS from detecting the video and audio format? I've never seen something like this before.

7 hours ago, Griga said:

Maybe the channel data changed in the meantime? Does playback of these channels work? If yes try to delete and re-create the timers.

As I say before, after disable and enable timer again, recording start working fine.

I think something wrong is going with tuner initialization, but not always, just in rare cases. If some timer start on tunerA and have this issue, all next timers, which should record channels from the same transponder (DMS will use the same tunerA), will have the issue with ts creation.

I'm not sure, but as I remember first time I found this issue about 3 month ago, at the same time I added new tuner to my system. Issue reproducible for tuners from TBS6905 card. New tuner I added is TBS6528 - tuner with CI with inserted conax cam and card. May be this is (somehow) the reason.

• 1 month later...

It's still an issue for me, last few days stable reproducible on one of timer. I noted  strange thing in log file - statistic show information from previous day timer. Both log files attached. As you can see, log file from today's (failed w/o ts file) recording show exactly the same total size as in log file from yesterday's recording:

Total Size: 23317.1 MB (24449792544 Bytes)

Looks like something wrong in tuner initialization. When I manually disable and enable timer again in DMS web interface, recording start fine. But why feature when DMS restart recording if no signal during one minute is not working in this case?

2018-05-28_07-30-03_SONCE (UA)_SONCE (UA).log

2018-05-27_10-38-03_SONCE (UA)_SONCE (UA).log

20 hours ago, slavik said:

I noted  strange thing in log file - statistic show information from previous day timer.

It took some time, but I managed to spot a possible cause in the code: It happens in case of a recurring timer (scheduled for more than one day) if a recordings succeeds, but the next recording triggered by the same timer fails and writing to disk doesn't start, because important service information (PMT, Program Map Table, part of the broadcasted transport stream) does not arrive. In this case the size of the previous recording is kept and re-used.

20 hours ago, slavik said:

But why feature when DMS restart recording if no signal during one minute is not working in this case?

The exakt definition is "Restart recording if no unencrypted video/audio data arrives within x minutes". Obviously such data did arrive, otherwise the recording would have been restarted. However, since writing to disk wasn't initialized, the data went nowhere... the question is, why no valid PMT data arrived.

On 3/30/2018 at 10:54 PM, slavik said:

New tuner I added is TBS6528 - tuner with CI with inserted conax cam and card. May be this is (somehow) the reason

Yes, that could be the reason. Unfortunately the TBS CI/CAM handling was never very reliable.

Anyway, I will think about a better handling for cases like this and post here if I find a solution.