Searching channel outside range.

bbel91

hello,

I have a problem with the dvb-t scanner. I'm on a place where there is going to be a competition and timing is broadcast on dvb-t channels. I can see these channels with normal TV by doing an automatic search.

For my PC, I use a TBS5520SE and I run a scan with the list dvb-t Europe. The scan finds the "local" channels but not the timing ones. Other information, on TV when I ask for information of the timing channels, I am told that it is channel 5 and that it is in Mpeg4 and QAM64. I thought the QAM64 was for the dvb-c ...

Can you help me please?

Thanks Griga for your reply. 

I've seen with the timekeeping organization and I know exactly now that the frequencies are the common ones for channel 5 to 12 : 177. 500MHz to 226. 500 MHz with 7 MHz band width. But still impossible to connect. 

I thought it is probably a problem with Mpeg4 and I've installed some codec but how can I be sure that it is well use by DVBViewer ?

Bruno. 

6 hours ago, bbel91 said:

I thought it is probably a problem with Mpeg4 and I've installed some codec but how can I be sure that it is well use by DVBViewer ?

The Mpeg4 decoding comes later. First you have to find the channels through scanning, so they get visible in the channel editor/list. Use TransEdit.

Thanks majstang for your reply. 

I have the same problem with TransEdit, channels not visible but existing on the normal TV. 

What do you think about the QAM64 announced on the channel's TV information ? 

Normally QAM64 is for cable, no? 

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, bbel91 said:

I have the same problem with TransEdit, channels not visible but existing on the normal TV. 

Did you edit/modify the transponder list with TransEdit prior to scan? Read the link and download the TransEdit manual for details. I never had to edit/modify transponder lists myself in order to find channels. 

4 hours ago, bbel91 said:

What do you think about the QAM64 announced on the channel's TV information ? 

Normally QAM64 is for cable, no? 

That depends on where you are located and which dvb-t provider you have. In the UK, 64-QAM is used for digital terrestrial television (Freeview)

Edited by majstang