DVBViewer Pro & Windows 10 Update 1803

Hi All,

Immediately after updating windows 10 to "1803" April update, DVBViewer shows a black screen for any channel I try ....

Using the free software of my astrometa decoder (DVBC-TVR) , everything works correclty, but not anymore in DVBViewer. (So I suppose the driver it's ok, it's something between DVBViewer & new windows update).

I have version 6.1.1.0.

Any suggestion?

Thank you,

Regards,

Adrian

21 minutes ago, adynis said:

Any suggestion?

Yes, withdraw that update as soon as you can and never install a Windows creators update before it's officially released?

Hm - I installed the 1803 update yesterday and my installation of DVBViewer (version 6.1.1) and Media Server (version 2.1.1) is working just as well as it did before installing the update !

15 minutes ago, Hansrh said:

I installed the 1803 update yesterday

#metoo :) on a PC that is only intended for testing. Using Windows 10 for work or private matters is out of the question.

Somehow the 1803 update managed to lower the Intel graphics chip performance, causing a lot of dropped frames on 720p @ 50 fps H.264 fullscreen video. Almost unwatchable. Furthermore network shares didn't work anymore and had to be re-configured. However, the DVB devices connected to this PC are still working (a Hauppauge DVB-T2 USB stick and a TBS USB DVB-S2 box).

1 hour ago, adynis said:

So I suppose the driver it's ok, it's something between DVBViewer & new windows update)

Nevertheless  the first thing that I would try is to uninstall the driver (including deletion!), reboot the PC and install it again. This helped in a similar case (reported in the German forum) after 1803 trouble.

Maybe DVBC-TVR is using a proprietary Astrometa interface. DVBViewer is using BDA, which is a standardised layer (interface)  between the application and the driver. There are already several known cases where BDA was broken after a Windows 10 feature update.

Since MS started with these creators updates the testing quality and quantity has deteriorated considerably. One can easily regard not yet officially released updates as alpha and when officially released as beta. After last fall creators update it took them half a year to fix everything they broke for us AMD users. Installing this crap is like playing "russian roulette". If installing it without making sure you can rollback everything you're mad. Additionally when people get into trouble they come here and take up time and resources, when in fact they should take their troubles to MS.  

Hi All,

Thanks for you replies.

I didn't yet solved the issue :(

I tried to reinstall the driver (the DVBC-TVR software worked correctly before and also after reinstalling the drivers; This is what makes me think that the issue is from DVBViewer)...

The windows update was pushed for me, I didn't requested it explicitly ....

Should I try to reinstall DVBViewer ? Could this help?

It's interesting that the name of the programs can be correctly seen, EPG works, also in the lower left side, o nthe status bar, I have a green slider which doesn't suggest me that there is a problem ... Just that: Black image and no sound .... :(

DVBViewer_screenshot.PNG.a371a24d8e915ebdbfb3a9becfe2f767.PNG

PS. I attach also the support.zip, maybe it helps anyone to debug the issue.

support.zip

On 5/20/2018 at 7:39 PM, Griga said:

#metoo :) on a PC that is only intended for testing. Using Windows 10 for work or private matters is out of the question.

This is just a single private opinion. Its not a preview anymore.

There are running big companies entirely on windows 10 without problems and in my opinion its the best windows ever ?

And windows updates have always been a gamble.

18 hours ago, adynis said:

Should I try to reinstall DVBViewer ? Could this help?

You can try, but usually it doesn't in cases like this.

18 hours ago, adynis said:

I have a green slider which doesn't suggest me that there is a problem ...

The driver still reports the signal quality, but it seems DVBViewer doesn't get data from it anymore. Is TransEdit able to scan the frequencies and find channels?

15 minutes ago, VinoRosso said:

and in my opinion its the best windows ever

The worst thing with "best windows ever" is that it doesn't preserve all system settings on feature updates, so you have to check everything and re-configure some of the stuff. Besides network shares my Delphi IDE didn't work anymore after the 1803 update. It needs to be excluded from DEP. This setting was reset mercilessly ;)

Almost every MacOS update breaks my development setup at work, you have to fix wrong permissions and so on..... ? 

The update "policy" with windows10 seems to have changed and they now set default values.

7 hours ago, Griga said:

The driver still reports the signal quality, but it seems DVBViewer doesn't get data from it anymore. Is TransEdit able to scan the frequencies and find channels?

I remember that also first time it was not straight forward for me to find the correct settings to be able to find the channels, but hoping that I still have the same settings my answer is:

-> TransEdit is able to scan, but no channel is found :(

I tried more times, nothing is found...

Does this suggest anything useful ? :)

That again suggests that our software does not get data from the driver anymore.

Please note that you can return to the previous Windows 10 version within 10 days (see here). It will probably solve your problem, at least until the next feature update.

If you don't want to do that, further investigations are necessary and maybe as consequence a Windows 10 repair install by using an inplace upgrade which helped in some cases after a  Windows 10 update. However, there is no guarantee that it will make it work again.

The next step for investigating the matter would be creating and attaching a support.zip after launching DVBViewer in debug mode and reproducing the problem (you did not do that before creating your previous support.zip). See the link for further instructions.

Thanks for the answer & details.

Indeed I missed the "debugging" mode in my previous attachment, but I hope that this time I did it correctly - support.zip

Does this set of logs bring anything new into the "equation" ?

PS. Am I the only one with this problem ? ?

The DVBViewer.log shows no errors. DVBViewer simply does not get data from the driver. Sorry, but I don't know how this can be fixed.

20 hours ago, adynis said:

Am I the only one with this problem ?

As far as it concerns Astrometa devices: No. There are quite a lot of reports about problems with it. Particularly DVB-C seems to be a difficult matter. Maybe you can find some hints here.

Many people bought an Astrometa device because it is very cheap, but had to pay additionally by spending a lot of time with trouble shooting. Somehow you always pay the full price...

Hi All,

So .... I solved the issue .... but I don't know how .... Currently it works properly, again :)

More things happened today:

• I received a small windows update: KB4100403
  • I received an update of the nvidia geoforce exprience (3.14.0.139)
  • I experienced the following:

After a restart (after the previous updates) I was receiving an error from windows saying that an usb had a problem .. and also my keyboard was not receiving power immediately, but only after a couple of seconds after this windows error, I uninstalled the DVB-T usb, thinking that this is the problematic one, then re-installed, then nothing, The same error on each restart.

After this I said: oky, let's start removing usb devices to identify the problematic one ... : and I found it ... usb bluetooth adapter (a very very old one, but it was still working). After this ... the error disappeared, the keyboard was correctly power, and I said ... hmm.... maybe?....  let's try DVBViewer ...and ... IT WORKED !!!!

I said: damn bluetooth ... and for testing I pluged in the usb bluetooth again. expecting to create again issues .... and .... guess what ... it works ?

So right now I have bluetooth working, DVBViewer working, no windows error ....

I don't understand, but ... thanks for the support, sorry for consuming your time [to read the details of my issue], it's clear now that it was not a problem of DVBViewer, something in my computer, either that new windows update, either a problem with the bluetooth ... I don't know ... but it's ok now for me.

Thanks,

Regards,

Adrian

This morning I got the same black screen problem with DVBViewer pro just after upgrading from 1803 17134.48 to the last release of Windows 10 pro x64.

If I remember 17134.81 (because i went back to a 17009 image).

Reading a video file is ok, only received broadcast DVB is not.

Issue solved today doing this:

- Back to 17134.1 windows 10 pro release recovered from an AOMEI backupper backup

- Start Windows update which upgraded directly to 17134.81

And DVBViewer 6.0.4 is OK

I can also confirm that 6.1.1 DVBViewer I installed is also ok  using either LAV filters or Microsoft ones.

The only change from the previous situation was the direct upgrade from  17134.1 to 17134.81 without the intermediate 17134.48 system release.

DVBViewer Pro 6.1.1 "Aplication has been blocked from accesing Graphics hardware" !

Windows 10 Pro - 17134.81

PLEASE FIX !

3 hours ago, rodjd said:

PLEASE FIX !

Doh!! If it works before you updating Windows and not thereafter, how do you mean this is a DVBViewer issue?

Use Google to search for the keywords

application blocked from accessing graphics hardware windows 10

and you will see that many Windows 10 users encounter this problem when they start games, Netflix software etc. It is not DVBViewer specific. Several search results propose fixes for this issue like re-installing the graphics card driver, installing a more up-to-date driver and things like that. Maybe you can find something that helps in your case. Good luck!

• Confused 1
  • 1 month later...
On 6/2/2018 at 8:58 PM, Griga said:

Use Google to search for the keywords

application blocked from accessing graphics hardware windows 10

and you will see that many Windows 10 users encounter this problem when they start games, Netflix software etc. It is not DVBViewer specific. Several search results propose fixes for this issue like re-installing the graphics card driver, installing a more up-to-date driver and things like that. Maybe you can find something that helps in your case. Good luck!

Man my PC is update with latest drivers,the big problem is DVBViewer compatibility with windows 10 Pro insiders (fast) or (slow)

There are no known DVBViewer incompatibilities with up-to-date Windows 10 installations. Here it works pretty well. So I think it is caused by your configuration.

Using insider preview versions is at your own risk.

• Haha 1

For me both DVBViewer  and the Media Server (previous Recording Service) works very well with Windows 10 all versions up to current version (1803), so the problem You experience is not due to DVBViewer.

I found problem,is LAV Video Decoder,now i make this DirectX-Video A and i select for Mpeg2,h.264,vc1,hevc, ArcSoft video decoder and video render i select evr custom video render and unchecked render late pictures,dxva scaling,force d3d.

On 7/22/2018 at 6:38 PM, rodjd said:

#Hansrh please tell me how you configure DVBViewer

DirectX = Cyberlink Video decoder in both A and B.

Hardware = DVBSky S960CI USB

And my experience is that the hardware often is the critical component when it comes to getting a good performance and flawless picture.

• 3 weeks later...

@Hansrh where i found  Cyberlink Video decoder for download?

In win.10 Pro x64 build 17735 latest driver from AMD Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 DVBViewer has been blocked from accesing graphics hardware !

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, Hansrh said:

For me both DVBViewer  and the Media Server (previous Recording Service) works very well with Windows 10 all versions up to current version (1803), so the problem You experience is not due to DVBViewer.

Can you tell me your DirectX settings. I have just made the upgrade, but after this upgrade no DVBViewer clients recieve data. Just black screen. After roll back to previous build, everything works fine again

16 minutes ago, McenterFreak said:

Can you tell me your DirectX settings. I have just made the upgrade, but after this upgrade no DVBViewer clients recieve data. Just black screen. After roll back to previous build, everything works fine again

If DVBViewer clients are on a different computer than Media Server, this might cause the issue: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/04/17/fix-pcs-no-longer-recognized-in-network-after-windows-10-version-1803-upgrade/. You can verify whether this is the reason by checking whether you can at all connect from those computers to your server.

Not sure if it is already fixed in 1803, but the workaround I used 1-2 months ago to make network sharing work again was disabling IPv6. The other alternative is to use IP addresses instead of machine names.

Edited by lehtikissa
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

win 10 pro 17763.1,cynergi _c_pci_with ci,latest DVBViewer,latest drivers,DVBViewer has been blocked from accesing graphics hardware :(

Edited by rodjd