Audio Recorder 4

Successful installation of Audio Recorder 4 and Lame yesterday, good package but a couple of questions...

1 Can I turn it off when I want to record video, if so, how?

2 The MP3s recorded seem very large, for example a 15 minute file is 26,713 KB but the same file downloaded from the BBC at high quality (128kbps) is 12,444 KB.  I have set the bitrate in AR4 to 64kbps but this seems to make little difference.

Thanks

Paddy

1. The Audio Recorder Plugin doesn't take over without explicit action from your side (e.g. Timer Recordings Windows -> Timer Action -> Audio Recorder Plugin or starting a recording manually in the Audio Recorder Plugin window.)

2: I can't reproduce it here. 1 minute MP3 radio recording with 128 kbps CBR (Constant Bit Rate) yields 940 KB, 1 minute with 64 kbps CBR 470 KB.

The bitrates calculated from your file size for 15 minutes:

26713 KB -> (26713 x 1024 x 8 ) / (15 x 60 x 1000) = 243 kbps

12444 KB -> (12444 x 1024 x 8 ) / (15 x 60 x 1000) = 113 kbps

It doesn't look like the result of a CBR MP3 recording (provided 15 minutes are accurate). Check your settings.

On 5/22/2018 at 10:03 PM, Griga said:

1. The Audio Recorder Plugin doesn't take over without explicit action from your side (e.g. Timer Recordings Windows -> Timer Action -> Audio Recorder Plugin or starting a recording manually in the Audio Recorder Plugin window.)

Magic words! Thanks Griga, working well now using that hint, and recording 15 mins audio into a 6,548KB mp3, perfect...

You've taken me to parts of DVBViewer I have not used before, and now using it successfully with Windows 10 Task Scheduler to fire up, record and close down.

All the best

Paddy in Wales