mani tehrani

reduce size of recorded files with ffmpeg tasks

mani tehrani
Posted (edited)

hi

how can i reduce size of  recorded files with ffmpeg tasks? for example how can i change bitrate and convert "mpg" recorded files to MP4?

i know some channels are HD and others are SD, is there different?

Edited by mani tehrani

mani tehrani
58 minutes ago, iks-jott said:

@mani tehrani

I don´t know how to do. But I saw a few weeks ago in another community links with documentations for ffmpeg. Perhaps they are helpfull.

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html

http://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki

KInd regards.

this Did not help and i confused

Griga

Using the FFmpeg command line is difficult and requires a lot of knowledge.

Rather try a tool like HandBrake that uses FFmpeg but provides a user interface that makes it easy.

• Like 1

Webturtle

Hello,

@Griga: I have a problem with the video editor (https://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/61295-DVBViewer-video-editor-rückmeldungen/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-474434). The export of HEVC files as MPEG-file via FFMPEG doesn't work. Nothing happens. I wanted to see what happens using FFMPEG directly. But the FFmpeg command line is really difficult. What would be the correct command line?

Many Greetings

Webturtle

Griga

P.S. You can also use the DVBViewer Media Server 2.1.1 for on-the-fly transcoding to HEVC:

• Desktop Web Interface -> Links Page -> HTTP Channel List (Transcoded Streams)
  • In the Stream Setup Dialog select a TS preset of your choice, e.g. TS HD 3600 kbit (requires a fast PC)
  • Click "Show/hide expert settings", if they are not visible.
  • Enter vcodec=hevc as additional parameter
  • Click HTTP Channel List (Transcoded Streams) -> the browser will download a M3U playlist that contains an URL for each channel
  • Open the M3U playlist with DVBViewer or another player that can play the live streams -> the DMS will deliver the selected channel as transcoded stream.

After that you can see in the file svcdebug.log which FFmpeg command line (without placeholders) the DMS has created.

Webturtle

Hello Griga,

thanks for the links! But I just wanted to know the commandline for FFmpeg based on the presettings of the Video Editor: "-f dvd -target pal-dvd -vb 8000k -mbd rd -trellis 1 -flags +mv0 -cmp 0 -subcmp 2"

Especially Where I have to put the filenames or paths?

Oder auf deutsch: Was muß ich bei FFmpeg eingeben, um die Konvertierung vorzunehmen, die der Video Editor gestartet hätte?

Many greetings 

Webturtle

Griga

I don't know the Video Editor and how it makes use of FFmpeg.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• sir drake
      By sir drake
      Hello Griga,

maybe somthing for further versions.

by using the Tasks-command ( api/tasks.html?action=.... ) 
      i did not know, when a started process is finished.
      (also not if start has happen successfully. no feedback given ) 

should it be possible to implement this as a feedback
      once in the existing status2-request or in a sep. new tasks-status-request ? 

in a very specific case i need to know if a process has ended 
      prior i fire the next command to dms.

every suggestion is welcome

brgds
      sir drake

• Bernhard Berger
      By Bernhard Berger
      Hi,

nachdem ich nun alle TV Geräte hier im Haushalt mit Android TV Boxen ausgestattet habe (1x nvidia Shield, 3x Xiaomi Mi Box 3) auf denen allesamt Kodi 17.6 und 18.x läuft´bräuchte ich eine Lösung um gewisse Kanäle (vorwiegend 1080i TS Streams) zu transcodieren, da die deinterlacing Methoden unter Android erstens ziemlich mieserable sind und zweitens die Xiaomi Mi Boxen zu schwach um 1080i deinterlacen zu können).

720p, 720i und 1080p funktioniert tadellos und bräuchte kein Transcoding.

Hat jemand eine Idee wie ich das bewerkstelligen kann?

Zusatzfrage:
      ist mit aktuellen Nightlies bereits QSV Interlacing möglich? In allen Foren Postings hier findet man nur Infos zu YaDiff SW De-Interlacing. Nachdem hier aber 4+ Clients laufen werden die allesamt teilweise parallel deinterlacing bräuchten (Scaling, Bitrate-Beschneidung etc. ist eigentlich nicht notwendig, da lokales 5G Netzwerk) würde ich das schon gern Hardwareseitig lösen (i5-3470T).

Wie müssten die Parameter aussehen, wenn ich ausschließlich deinterlacen möchte?

PS: eigentlich würde ich auch gerne die Tonspuren unangetastet lassen.
    • Josezkaos
      By Josezkaos
      As I commented this issue in another thread dedicated to NVIDIA transcoding, I'll create a new one for this as I think is interesting.

I've recorded a short clip from a DVB-T stream with DVBViewer:

http://www.mediafire.com/?aoe7406d87h3k

If QSV Decoder would work with live streams, this would be enought:

But that fails.

Somehow, if the stream is copied and piped into another ffmpeg ... it works:

Stream is copied, decoded with H264_QSV and then encoded with H264_QSV, all under HW Acceleration.

But this workaround is not valid for Recording Services:

Seems the pipe lunches another instance which can't reach RS output pipe ({outfile}).

Why use QSV on Decoder and Encoder for transcoding live streams?

1. Decoded frames are in Video Memory, not in System Memory this way, so Encoding runs way more faster saving time moving those decoded frames between memories.
      2. Deinterlacing with QSV avoids using CPU, once again faster and saving CPU for other processes running.

Does anyone know how to get RS to transcode live streams using QSV for Decoding and Encoding?

Thanks in advance (specially to Griga and majstang who replied in the other thread).
    • Perlbo
      By Perlbo
      Hi,

neuerdings wird mein Rechner so träge und da habe ich im Taskmananger (Win10 64bit) mal geguckt was da so los ist. Was mir aufgefallen ist, dass mehrer Instanzen von ffmpeg.exe gestartet werden. Wir reden hier von 10+.

Das ist doch nicht normal oder ? Zu dem Zeitpunkt greif auch kein andere Rechner auf den Mediaserver zu. Er wird auch nur genutzt um das TV plugin für Kodi zu nutzen und Aufnahmen zu tätigen. 

Ich werde das nach einem Neustart nochmal beobachten. Aber vielleicht kann mir ja schon jemand einen Tip geben, zumindest habe ich ffmpeg nochmal über den DVBViewer link heruntergeladen und die exe im DVBViewer Ordner aktualisiert (richtig?). 

• GLiTCH
      By GLiTCH
      I've downloaded the latest Recording Service 1.33.02.01 from the Members Area, however it fails to retrieve and install the ffmpeg component, because the build from 2016 has aged off. 
      I have downloaded the most recent build from here http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/static/ 
      but I'm unsure how to manually install this. 
      Where do I put the files, and do I need to change any settings in an .ini file for example?

Thanks!