Media Server Web Interface 'forgets' Show In Channel List = Favourites Only

Cjay

I notice that the check box on the DMS web interface under Configuration 'Show In Channel List' > 'Favourites Only' does not keep my preference (which is to only show favourites in the timeline). When I click save and then go back to timeline everything is fine: only my favourite channels show (and the drop down immediately under the DMS logo at top left only shows favourites in the list). However after some while (and I suspect this is to do with accessing the web interface in the meantime from other devices/browsers ) the preference ends up getting unchecked. When this happens the timeline is populated with every scanned channel and also the drop down shows every channel provider rather than just 'favourites'.

I had supposed that this 'favourites only' setting in configuration was a global setting, but it seems not to work the way I expected. Is there a simple way that I can make it retain my preference across multiple devices?

41 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I notice that the check box on the DMS web interface under Configuration 'Show In Channel List' > 'Favourites Only' does not keep my preference

On 4/11/2017 at 5:35 PM, hackbart said:

Change: Desktop and Mobile Web Interface: The channel list filter options on the configuration page (Show TV / Radio / Favorites additionally / Favorites only / Channels without EPG) are now stored in a cookie, allowing different settings in different browsers / on different devices.

Make sure that cookies are allowed for the web interface.

50 minutes ago, Griga said:

Make sure that cookies are allowed for the web interface

I don't have cookies blocked on any of my devices that access DMS web interface... I'm not really sure how to further debug this. Is there anyway I can verify the cookies are being stored/used correctly?

It may also be caused by private mode (cookies are deleted when the browser is closed) or using different types of URLs. The browser assignes separate sets of cookies to localhost and 127.0.0.1, for example.

The name of the cookie is chflags (bitwise coding used).

Thank you both for your input. I can see the chflags cookie (tested in both Firefox& Edge) with a value of 27 - so cookies are functioning normally. The only thing I don't quite understand [but then I am a complete novice in these matters] is the short lifetime - see the image. In my mind this means a 10 day lifetime? As an experiment to see what happens after cookie expiry I changed the expires date/time to today, waited for the cookie expiry time to pass and then opened DMS web interface. Result: Exactly the problem I described! I may have gone off at a complete tangent here, but I'm curious to know why the lifetime is so short and whether there is some cookie refresh mechanism that is not working in my case?

image.png.0ed0d32c1bd9500c69e58e78b6f12a49.png

I'll check it.

On 6/10/2018 at 9:16 PM, Cjay said:

Is there a simple way that I can make it retain my preference across multiple devices?

You can specify the default settings on DMS Options (svcoptions.exe)  -> UPnP Media. They apply if the chflags cookie is missing.