schedule recording of a series

Jan van Straaten

There is no "Series Link" in DVBViewer. The reasons are given here.

You have two options. One is to set a weekly timer. Typically, you would add the normal recording via the EPG and then edit the timer and click on the day(s) that you want the timer to record on.

The other is to set up an automatic timer. The is done on the "Search EPG" page of the web server. More here.

C.

Edited by Cian
  • 1 month later...
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, Cian said:

There is no "Series Link" in DVBViewer. The reasons are given here.

Those reason are a easy way out, on WMC recording series worked like a charm.

• 2 weeks later...

There is another option, or there should be.

The recording service / media server has an EPG search functionality that is arguably more efficient than a series link.

But there's no way of adding a new search at the touch of a button from DVBViewer and I can't understand why not.

If I have a programme on a channel and I hit a 'Create an EPG search recording' button it could create a search to record programmes with that name on that channel, add some de-duplication settings and that would be it done. I could always go into the recording service web interface to refine the settings if I wanted, but it would be there, created and future programmes would record.

I don't understand why this never happened.