AMD Adrenalin problem?

fxv1

When trying to change from Default to another option( tried most of them ) in AMD Driver Adrenalin I get this strange effect that the default part is fine but any other choice makes the right hand side zoom up. I have changed codecs but that did not help. This has only recently started happening...I have upgraded to W10 1803 and also to Adrenalin 18.7.1 

This happens both on Freeview and Freesat transmissions.

Any help with this issue appreciated. 

support.zip

dvb custom.JPG

The latest AMD driver isn't working propper with DVBViewer. I've tried the latest driver version too and on my PC DVBViewer freezes when I change channels.

Who knows when AMD is fixing that.

Use version 18.3.4, all newer versions cause problems as far as I'm aware.

I have set Adrenalin to Default on the video settings which seem to be ok....having said that I still have to do a rebuild playback when I change some channels.

If I use "vivid" for video settings it starts ok for a couple of seconds then zooms  to a larger value. Changing the zoom settings in DVBViewer still has no real effect...back to default for now. Custom seems ok but changing custom brightness is a problem.

Edited by fxv1
1 hour ago, fxv1 said:

I still have to do a rebuild playback when I change some channels. 

Options -> TV/Radio -> Fast channel switching off rebuilds playback automatically, but generally slows down channel switching a bit.

Provided you are using Options -> DirectX -> Video Renderer -> EVR Custom Video Renderer: Does DXVA Scaling off (or on if it is off) have influence on the issue? Or selecting the EVR Enhanced Video Renderer?

dxva.thumb.JPG.a003ebf9908ab8754d9fcd9cb17abc5f.JPGTurned DXVA Scaling off, no change

Also using EVR Custom and Enhanced video renderer....same issues applies.

6 hours ago, Griga said:

Options -> TV/Radio -> Fast channel switching off rebuilds playback automatically, but generally slows down channel switching a bit.

Don't have Arcsoft decoder, tried with Cyberlink Video Decoder, seems a bit more stable but some resolutions still problematic.

UHD Freesat seems OK wth Lentoid HEVC Decoder.

I don't think you can get it working as it should with some clicks. It's like last year when video streaming from Netfix or Amazon Prime Video was not working propper.

You have no chance getting it working if the driver is the reason for the bug, you can only report the bug and wait.

If you don't need the latest version for gaming you should use 18.3.4 and hope they get it fixed soon.

• 1 month later...

I had something similar going on with widescreen films on tv looking very odd ,like they were stretched too much  ,the thing that fixed it for me was adjusting settings in the directx section.

I think i changed  the render to EvR Enhanced and all decoders to LAV.

AMD settings are on default.

Edited by Ray Brogan

Forgot to mention ,after updating my AMD drivers i also deleted setup.xml which is in the C:\ProgramData\CMUV folder  and then restarted DVBViewer.

I think that might have been the main thing that fixed the problem.

Edited by Ray Brogan