EPG updating in 6.1.1?

rco133

Hi.

I have searched the forum, but have not been able to find any answer.

I have just updsted from DVBViewer 5.6.4 and RS 1.3.2 to DVBViewer 6.1.1 and DM 2.1.1.

I am using Xepg to get EPG info, and in DVBViewer 5.6.4 there was an option to not receive any EPF data from other Places.

However in 6.1.1 I can't find that option, and I am now geting EPF data for all kinds of channels that I am not interested in. The worst thing is that I have no idea wether the data I import from Xepg gets overritten, og what happens to them. I don't trust the EPG data from my cable provider, and thats why I do not wish to get any EPG data from them. Is there no way to disable receiption of EPG data while watching TV like there was in 5.6.4?

I am sorry if I have missed something, but this is really a step back for me, as I don't trust the EPG data from my cable provider. They often mess up their listings with wrong times and what else. So I really just don't want it. I just want the data from Xepg and nothing else.

In 5.6.4 there were three options in the EPG setup. "Receive standard EPG data", "Receive Mediahighway EPG data" and "Receive FreeSat EPG data". I previously had all those three disabled, and I didn't receive any EPG data from my cable provider.

Any help on how to get rid of my cable providers EPG data will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

rco133

21 minutes ago, rco133 said:

I don't trust the EPG data from my cable provider, and thats why I do not wish to get any EPG data from them. Is there no way to disable receiption of EPG data while watching TV like there was in 5.6.4?

You can disable EPG reception per tuner (see Options -> Hardware -> Disable EPG reception) or disable display of certain EPG sources per channel (see Channel Editor -> EPG button on the lower right). The latter is also possible for all channels within a category folder - select a category, and you will see...

38 minutes ago, Griga said:

You can disable EPG reception per tuner (see Options -> Hardware -> Disable EPG reception) or disable display of certain EPG sources per channel (see Channel Editor -> EPG button on the lower right). The latter is also possible for all channels within a category folder - select a category, and you will see...

Thanks a lot Griga.

When entering the Channel Editor and select the entire channel "Group" there is three options under "Displayed EPG Types". I have removed the mark for "DVB EPG" and that seems to be working.

Just above the EPG settings there is an option called "Don't update channels automatically". Is this also EPG related, or what does this option do?

I can see I can download a list of "TS Stream" channels. Is this list maintained by you Guys? Is there alternative lists that one can use, or how does it work?

Many of the channels on the list doesn't seem to work. Guess they are pay channels or something.

But at least nothing seems to be broken after the update of both DVBViewer and the RS. Hopefulle all my timers will start as expected :-)

rco133

3 hours ago, rco133 said:

Just above the EPG settings there is an option called "Don't update channels automatically". Is this also EPG related?

No. Already introduced in DVBViewer 5.6.0. Search the page for "Don't update automatically".

3 hours ago, rco133 said:

I can see I can download a list of "TS Stream" channels. Is this list maintained by you Guys?

Yes. Read more about it here, third point from the top (Channel List) and the Streaming section.

Please note that your DVBViewer/DMS installations include change logs in the docs sub-directory (changelog_en.html for DVBViewer and changelog_en_dms.html for the DMS) that contain a whole lot of information about changes and new features. Open them with your browser and search for items you are interested in.