Jump to content
uglyned

Change programme title for dumb DLNA clients?

Recommended Posts

uglyned

I have some pretty dumb DLNA clients, like my TV, that are very good at playing media - recordings mainly - from Media Server but can't display or sort them.

 

They seem to sort them alphabetically only but, when they're not showing any description or recording date, make it impossible to know which of a series of recordings to play.

 

Is there any way I can change the programme title presented to the client the same way that I can change recording filenames, for example?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Griga
47 minutes ago, uglyned said:

Is there any way I can change the programme title presented to the client

 

You can change the title (Web Interface -> Recordings -> click the pencil icon on the right), but not the programme title presented to the client separately.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
uglyned

Thank you - just wondering - can this be set automatically anywhere?

 

For example, could I set the media server to place the date and time of recording in the subheading or description for every recording it makes?

Share this post


Link to post
Griga

It would require a script that changes the EPG info files associated with the recordings (provided you didn't disable them) plus a recording database update that reads the changed files.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
uglyned
On 8/4/2018 at 11:04 AM, Griga said:

It would require a script that changes the EPG info files associated with the recordings (provided you didn't disable them) plus a recording database update that reads the changed files.

 

 

Thanks this looks like an option.

 

I had a quick Google as I'd like to be able to call a console application from a task. Ideally the console application needs to receive the filename of the recording just completed as a parameter. Is this available as a parameter for a task?

Share this post


Link to post
uglyned

OK so I found a useful resource here.

 

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Timer_concept_of_the_DVBViewer_Recording_Service#After_recording_task

 

And looked at some existing tasks too - generate mp3 etc.

 

I wrote the little console app and set it up as a timer job to run after recordings and I can see that it's working, in that the text files change and add the recording date as intended.

 

The only problem is, when I run a recordings database update task in the Media Server UI, nothing happens. The text files presented in the Media Server UI do not change, and do not include the new details my script added.

Share this post


Link to post
uglyned

Deleting the svcdatabase.db3 file and restarting the service did work and the changes I'd made were brought into the interface, but that's obviously not ideal and not something that can be done on a timer basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Griga
42 minutes ago, uglyned said:

The only problem is, when I run a recordings database update task in the Media Server UI, nothing happens. The text files presented in the Media Server UI do not change, and do not include the new details my script added. 

 

Confirmed. There is a bug that prevents already existing database entries from being updated to the content of changed EPG info files. As far as I can see it's already present in the old RS code that I got from Lars in 2013. You are the first one who noticed it. ;)

 

Please check your PMs.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...