EPG window not showing all timed programs.

rco133

Hi.

Since my upgrade to 6.1x and 2.1x when I have recordings in the media server, they are not always marked in the EPG window in DVBViewer.

Normally when a program is marked for recoding, the text of the program turns red, and the duration becomes yellow.

However for some timers there is no sign at all in the DVBViewer EPG window, that the program is set for recoding.

I am not sure how to reproduce it, because it doesn't happen to all timers. But I have seen it happen quite a few times now. And each time I have to check in DMS if I have actually forgot to create a timer for that program.

When a program is not marked for recording in the EPG window, I can open the media sever WEB console and check the EPG window there. In here there is a red box around the program and the box is yellow. However the same program in the DVBViewer EPG window shows nothing that indicates that the program is recording or set to be recorded.

There seems to be something that doesn't quite get synchronized between the DMS and the DVBViewer EPG window.

I am recoding right now, so I have not made a support.zip file. If needed I can make one later.

rco133

26 minutes ago, rco133 said:

There seems to be something that doesn't quite get synchronized between the DMS and the DVBViewer EPG window.

On 5/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, hackbart said:

Change: General: The Media Server now uses a different method (multicast) for the communication with DVBViewer clients, which is (hopefully) more reliable than the previously used broadcasts. If the new method does not work, a tweak allows to revert to the old method: Launch DMSTweaker.bat and search for the “Send multicast messages to DVBViewer clients” checkbox.

Hi Griga.

I will try that.

It is not that it doesn't Work at all, but seems to be rather random which timers does not get represented in the DVBViewer EPG window.

DVBViewer and DMS is running on the same PC under Windows 7.

rco133

Hi.

I just saw the problem again.

I closed Down DVBViewer and stopped the RS.

I then ran DMSTweaker.bat and removed the tick at "Send multicast  messages to DVBViewer clients".

I started the rs, and then started DVBViewer again.

The program is still not marked for recoding in the DVBViewer EPG window.

Anything else I can try?

rco133

Hi.

No. There is only one Ethernet adapter in the PC, and there is no virtual machines running on the box.

It seems to always happen to the same channel. If I scroll ahead to the next day in DVBViewer EPG window, then all the scheduled recording are shown like they should.

I just did some more testing and maybe found something.

On most programs I have a 2 minutes before and 5 minutes after. But on the channel in question, I always set before and after to 0, because there is commercials both before and after.

If i delete the timer and add it again with a 2 before and 5 after, the timer is shown in the DVBViewer EPG window.

If I delete that timer again, and add the timer with 0 before and 0 after, then the timer again is not shown in the DVBViewer EPG window.

I can toggle wether it gets shown or not in DVBViewer EPG window, by having 0/0 or 2/5 in before/after.

It only seems to not show the timers for the same day though. If I scroll ahead to tomorrow, all the timers for that channel is shown just fine. and all those are also added with 0/0 in before/after.

Hoprfully the above can be helpfull info. The setting of before/after seems to have an effect on wether the timer gets shown in the DVBViewer EPG window or not. At least for current day.

rco133

On 8/23/2018 at 8:26 PM, rco133 said:

Normally when a program is marked for recoding, the text of the program turns red, and the duration becomes yellow.

I can't see a red title, but no yellow duration.

11 hours ago, rco133 said:

If i delete the timer and add it again with a 2 before and 5 after, the timer is shown in the DVBViewer EPG window.

If I delete that timer again, and add the timer with 0 before and 0 after, then the timer again is not shown in the DVBViewer EPG window.

Interesting observation. I can't reproduce it, but looking at the code gives me an idea what might go wrong. DVBViewer assumes a program to be a timer if it completely lies within the timer start time...timer end time interval (including before and after):

(program start time >= timer start time) and (program end time <= timer end time)

Slight rounding errors may let the check fail, particularly if before/after = 0, e.g. if the program start time is 10:04:59 and the timer start time 10:05:00.

The corresponding DMS check is more sophisticated and takes such deviations into account. It may be worth a try to replace the DVBViewer code by the DMS code. Please check your PMs.