Import DVBLink recordings

beeswax

I found another post on the forum stating that as long as a valid txt file is accompanying each recording, DMS will import it into the database.  I'm just in the process of writing a script to pull all the data out of the DVBLink SQLite db, and write it into txt files for each recording.  There are a couple of elements in the txt I'm not sure about though, highlight in red below:

[General]
Version=1.1

[Media]
Created=30.08.2018 10:35:53
Channel=[Channel Name]

[0]
Id=43161
Date=30.08.2018
Time=10:00:00
Duration=01:00:00
Title=[Show Name]
Info=Synopsis. Also in HD.
Series=[Series Name]
Description=[4:3]|[stereo] [eng]|[associated Teletext]|[associated Teletext]
Charset=255
Content=160
MinimumAge=0
TimerID={704CCCDA-DAEA-426F-9E07-0A36187AAAFC}

[Stats]
Errors=0
Size=136.36 MB (142983588 bytes)
Avr. Datarate=0.474 MB/s
Device=TBS 6981 BDA DVBS/S2 A Tuner/Demod (5)

These look like unique values to me, can I omit those elements and DMS will assign them on import? Or do I need to generate unique IDs myself?  Can any other fields be omitted?

Thanks!

I've no idea what happened to my formatting and the strikethrough in my first post but I can't edit it now.  Anyway, I figured this out and thought I'd post back in case anyone else finds it useful.

You can omit the "Id" and "TimerID" lines from the txt files and recordings still import just fine.  Here's an AutoIt script which will open up your DVBLink SQLite db and create all the necessary txt files: https://pastebin.com/9BJnKZHN

The script requires the latest version of AutoIt and an include for dealing with the Unix timestamps in the DVBLink db, you can get the include here: https://pastebin.com/m8hZRY1X

Lastly, if you can't be bothered with all that, I've attached a zip containing the source, the include file and a copy of the compiled exe, which you can just run on whatever machine is running DVBLink.  If you don't trust me, just install AutoIt and compile the source yourself, it's very easy.

ExportDVBLinkRecordings.zip

Edited by beeswax
typo